Any fight favor prot warrior in SoO?

Those who have tested SoO in ptr, are there any fight favor prot warrior in SoO? Or we are again one of the worst tank to bring due to abysmal low dps and no way to cheese encounter like clear debuff to solo tanking?

Our damage next tier is actually quite good - maybe not on par with monks, but probably close to paladins.

As for a specific fight, I think a few are good for us, but none are so skewed that it's like monks on Ra-Den.

We wrote it (few of us) that in other topic (Protection 5.4 for example) but will do it again as this topic got specific question. From what I remember Paladin could only drop debuffs on Thok (which would require 2nd tank anyway, they go fast and you can be target of fixate in 2nd phase) and Paragons (if I remember correctly, still require 2nd tank) so I wouldn't be bother about that. I felt good on like every fight I tested to be fair due to finally doing damage, having rage to control my damage taken.

If you want to know where I felt strongest (1-2nd in dps, but will change with vengeance multiply add tanking nerf):
    Protectors
    Shamans
    Malkork (SBar is great there and I could get up to 28 stacks without a problem on HC)
    Spoils
    Galakras
    Garrosh (adds)

Thok, Paragons, Iron Juggernaut and Nazgrim I wasn't able to test but I'm sure from what I saw I would be fine there. Making it short I wouldn't be that much bother about our damage, we got to find best solution to which setup is best - avoidance, crit>avoidance, mastery>avoidance>crit, crit>mastery etc. So far for me it was crit>avoidance which gave me stable (or more like outstanding) rage to make our active mitigation working perfectly where it was needed.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see quite a few prot warriors in the first kills of Paragons as well, our mobility there is golden. (Makes us able to ignore certain mechanics).
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    You wouldn't use a prot warrior in a guild like paragon simply due to their playstyle and class composition they like playing with

On a side note, these sorts of thread sadden me and a lot of the information (all of it) is in other threads
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-08-14 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    You wouldn't use a prot warrior in a guild like paragon simply due to their playstyle and class composition they like playing with
    I think he means the Paragons of Klaxxi raid fight. He implied that our mobilty would be spectacular for that fight. I know all the other tanks I run with hate how easy it is for me to move around in raid. Though they get other trade offs so it is even. I love it though and prefer my War to all other classes.

Deleted
    Ah yes, misread it.. just woke up :P

Every time some posts asking if "prot warriors are going to suck as bad as last patch" and "why can't we be OP like paladins and monks" a puppy dies.

Have faith. We will be fine next patch.

We've been fine in every patch literally ever. I've played them all. I've MTed it ALL. We haven't been FoTM this tier, but we are still more than viable. And yes, some fights do favor a prot warrior, but this has been touched on in many posts in many threads.