Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Submit Questions for the Developers

Submit Questions for the Developers
    We will have the opportunity to ask Tom Chilton (Game Director) some questions on Thursday.

If you have any questions you think we should ask, be sure to post them here for consideration. We will pick the best questions and add them to our list!

• These should be questions about MoP and Patch 5.4, not future expansions or far off changes.
    • No class specific questions please. This includes things like balance between the different healing/tank/DPS classes and specs.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-08-14 at 03:05 AM.

How much easier are Flexible raids supposed to be than normal? For example, is current, post-nerf Normal Horridon still mechanically harder than a Flexible version of that encounter would be? (if there had been a Flex mode of ToT)
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-08-14 at 03:09 AM.

Back at the start of the expansion, Blizzard hinted that Spirits of Harmony may become account-bound at some point, likely in the final tier. Is there still a chance of that happening?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Heirloom items are set from 90-100, will they be used after 5.4 or will they not scale past 90?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I might comment on a few before this is linked in the news in an hour or two and it becomes impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    How much easier are Flexible raids supposed to be than normal? For example, is current, post-nerf Normal Horridon still mechanically harder than a Flexible version of that encounter would be?
    GC answered this yesterday in an interview "Most guilds should be able to make progress in Flex difficulty".

The current difficulty on the PTR even was giving a few 13/13 guilds a bit of trouble, and a mix of normal and 13/13 players were unable to do the bosses this weekend. The latest build reduced the difficulty of these bosses though!

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    I might comment on a few before this is linked in the news in an hour or two and it becomes impossible.

GC answered this yesterday in an interview "Most guilds should be able to make progress in Flex difficulty".

The current difficulty on the PTR even was giving a few 13/13 guilds a bit of trouble, and a mix of normal and 13/13 players were unable to do the bosses this weekend. The latest build reduced the difficulty of these bosses though!
    Ok, thanks!

Edited: Perhaps this question instead, unless it's been answered too... kinda a minor question, but still I've been wondering about it.

It's been stated that Flexible raids will be released in wings the same way LFR is. Is there any chance the first wing of Flex raids will be released on patch day, or will it be released after a 1 week delay like LFR typically is?
    Last edited by Dhomeli; 2013-08-14 at 03:21 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless isle is looking great. Any specific reason it's set on Pandaria as opposed to in Durotar or Azshara to be closer to the new raid?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Q: How do you feel the Legendary questline and rewards worked out and would you do it again in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Timeless isle is looking great. Any specific reason it's set on Pandaria as opposed to in Durotar or Azshara to be closer to the new raid?
    The lore and characters are all involved with Pandaria. There aren't any mists for the island to disappear into off the coast of Durotar!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    It's been stated that Flexible raids will be released in wings the same way LFR is. Is there any chance the first wing of Flex raids will be released on patch day, or will it be released after a 1 week delay like LFR typically is?
    They haven't addressed the exact timeline yet, but Flex will open faster than LFR as of the last update we got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr Chilton, do you think that there will be more of a inclusion of dailies being the vehicle of episodic storytelling going forward like Dominance Point and Isle of Thunder, or is the game going to transition away from that? Also can we expect to see more lore driven video shorts like the Burdens of Shao-hao?

Can you give any hints about where this cosmetic Dark Shaman gear comes from, and will there be sets for other classes in 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    Mr Chilton, do you think that there will be more of a inclusion of dailies being the vehicle of episodic storytelling going forward like Dominance Point and Isle of Thunder, or is the game going to transition away from that? Also can we expect to see more lore driven video shorts like the Burdens of Shao-hao?
    Yes. Please ask if we will get more neat lore videos.

1. What are your thoughts on the legendary quest chain this expansion, will this be a model we see in more use in the future, or will the old model be used?

2. Will there be, and what can we expect from a 5.5 in terms of content?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes. Please ask if we will get more neat lore videos.
    Everyone really needs to let Blizzard know that you enjoyed it if you want to see more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did you guys choose to not add legendary weapons this expansion?

Was there anything you guys ended up scrapping this expansion that you never really told us about? Also, MORE LORE VIDS LIKE SHAOHAO!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If flex proves to be successful, is there a chance it might replace 10 and 25 man raiding if the difficulty can be maintained?

Take for example
    Lfr being difficulty 1
    current flex being difficulty 2 (and being renamed)
    current 10 and 25 man raiding being difficulty 3 (whilst under the flex system of having any number of people)
    Heroic raiding remaining as it is (very organised 10 or 25 sized teams) with difficulty 4?

I believe this question is appropriate, he likely won't be able to say yes or no (which I'm expecting to happen anyway), but he'll be able to say what the thought process is for flex initially and the plans for the future.

Will 5.4 have a release cinematic? Not a preview like DS, but a trailer like BT.

Why aren't the BoA Heirloom shields on the DMF vendors?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorhn View Post
    Mr Chilton, do you think that there will be more of a inclusion of dailies being the vehicle of episodic storytelling going forward like Dominance Point and Isle of Thunder, or is the game going to transition away from that?
    I'd like to see an answer to this as well. I thought 5.1 and 5.2 handled dailies really well and the story scenarios after certain reputation thresholds were really cool. I'd like to see more dailies of that nature in the future and hope 5.0 daily backlash doesn't turn them away from it.

I'd love to see a question about mouse cursors. I have such a bitch of a time seeing my cursor during combat on some fights. I completely loose it and it annoys the shit outta me. I hate it having to disappear when the buttons are pressed too.

Can we see more mouse options? (new skins, better visuals)