Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    seems the same as the TDB one except that the TDB one was obviously fake cause it was first posted as The Darkness Below, then taken down and reposted as The Dark Below.
    What? There wasn't a YouTube screencap of TDB.

Furthermore, this is a real youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx1QEumV1A

And it's private.

No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The 5.5 screenshot is confirmed real. And it's totally going to lead up to the next expansion... Rise of the Legion.

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    Yeah, thanks. Care to clarify a bit? Like post a source of the confirmation or something? We had enough shit for one day.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post

Furthermore, this is a real youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zx1QEumV1A

And it's private.
    That does look quite convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    That does look quite convincing.
    Guess we'll find out in.. 5 months from now, when we go to test 5.5, or something.

Also, has anyone else noticed that in that screenshot, a "Skysunder PTR Information" tab is there? Who took this screenshot anyways?

Think it seems quite interesting that typing in the link from the http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn screen shot, comes up with "This video has been removed by the user." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

You could easily fake this of course (photoshop the url etc.) Anyone aware if it's possible to find out who the poster of the removed video was? Some sort of light (legal) hacking or checking the script or something? I don't know much about this sort of stuff, but maybe someone who does can let me know.

E:

Has 14 likes... Would Blizzard send 14 employees to like the video while it's not even out yet? Could be fans who discovered it of course.

The subscriber number seems about right.
    Last edited by Etrigan; 2013-08-15 at 12:01 AM.

And it's private.
    there was, and prolly still is in the Corgi Unleashed post(on front page)

I have to say...if it's NOT real then it's a pretty darn good job by the faking party.

Honestly though, it looks like it could easily be legit. It follows the theme that Wrathion has been going on about for ages. (the skies will burn)

It looks darn convincing.
    Beware the Terror of the Deep...

And it's private.
    there was, and prolly still is in the Corgi Unleashed post(on front page)

http://i.imgur.com/UR62nMB.jpg where it says The Dark Below it used to say The Darkness Below before it got taken down and replaced with this one.

http://i.imgur.com/jJT2mz2.png this is the before image...

Set up fake channel, post the video, take the screenshot, delete the video so when people type it in it looks like it's been faked.

Not difficult to do really if you're that way inclined.

I mean someone has already done the Dark Below hoax, so either that or this is fake meaning 1 of them is a dedicated hoaxer.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Set up fake channel, post the video, take the screenshot, delete the video so when people type it in it looks like it's been faked.

I mean someone has already done the Dark Below hoax, so either that or this is fake meaning 1 of them is a dedicated hoaxer.
    Blizzard releasing a wow cinematic somewhere other than blizzcon? Never been done before, i believe.

That's why I'm hoping there's a way to get the channel name through some sort of computer magic.

It goes without saying it looks like a legit patch logo. My major concern with it is why would anybody from Blizzard put this on Youtube this far in advanced? Basically it's a leak or it's fake, and my logic is leaning toward fake.

Skysunder is also a pretty stupid sounding name.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    It goes without saying it looks like a legit patch logo. My major concern with it is why would anybody from Blizzard put this on Youtube this far in advanced? Basically it's a leak or it's fake, and my logic is leaning toward fake.
    You can upload it to youtube and set it to private, or only viewable for select users. In fact there's probably a lot more videos in the works uploaded for testing set to private that we don't know about only visible to Blizzard's team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Yeah.. people tend to have a lot of free time on their hands. The 5.5 logo looks a bit real, but it's obviously a fake.

As for the Dark Below logo there, that too could have been faked. However, it wouldn't take a day to create a logo of that quality.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either, even in HD surely it'd only take a day at most (with Blizz's most powerful internet speeds) to render and upload and check. Uploading it probably ~5 months in advance where a lot could change including title design, patch content and creative ideas really makes ZERO sense.

In the past employees from companies have leaked things like this on /vg/. So I would not be surprised if it was true.

I don't expect a WoW expansion until Q4 '14. I don't think people will stand for 5.4 lasting 10+ months. So I expect a patch after 5.4.

Make a fake channel & get 184,697 subscribers ?? WoW's yotuube has 185,634 subs right now.

Either this guy or gal is a genius and goes into every little detail or its legit. I litterally have no clue what to say, but can only speculate.

Yeah I don't get it either, even in HD surely it'd only take a day at most (with Blizz's most powerful internet speeds) to render and upload and check. Uploading it probably ~5 months in advance where a lot could change including title design, patch content and creative ideas really makes ZERO sense.
    You do realize they have the concepts, artwork, name's, logs and things like that for the next WoW expansion? Blizzard is always several patches ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Skysunder is also a pretty stupid sounding name.
    Skysunder sounds like an awesome name to me, personally. I imagine the BL coming down with so much force, basically tearing the sky in half. Makes no sense if you take it literally of course, but still sounds exciting.

I'm really hoping this is the pre-expansion patch. Don't think it's real though, but really hoping.