Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Set up fake channel, post the video, take the screenshot, delete the video so when people type it in it looks like it's been faked.

Not difficult to do really if you're that way inclined.

I mean someone has already done the Dark Below hoax, so either that or this is fake meaning 1 of them is a dedicated hoaxer.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Set up fake channel, post the video, take the screenshot, delete the video so when people type it in it looks like it's been faked.

I mean someone has already done the Dark Below hoax, so either that or this is fake meaning 1 of them is a dedicated hoaxer.
    Blizzard releasing a wow cinematic somewhere other than blizzcon? Never been done before, i believe.

That's why I'm hoping there's a way to get the channel name through some sort of computer magic.

It goes without saying it looks like a legit patch logo. My major concern with it is why would anybody from Blizzard put this on Youtube this far in advanced? Basically it's a leak or it's fake, and my logic is leaning toward fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skysunder is also a pretty stupid sounding name.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    It goes without saying it looks like a legit patch logo. My major concern with it is why would anybody from Blizzard put this on Youtube this far in advanced? Basically it's a leak or it's fake, and my logic is leaning toward fake.
    You can upload it to youtube and set it to private, or only viewable for select users. In fact there's probably a lot more videos in the works uploaded for testing set to private that we don't know about only visible to Blizzard's team.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. people tend to have a lot of free time on their hands. The 5.5 logo looks a bit real, but it's obviously a fake.

As for the Dark Below logo there, that too could have been faked. However, it wouldn't take a day to create a logo of that quality.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either, even in HD surely it'd only take a day at most (with Blizz's most powerful internet speeds) to render and upload and check. Uploading it probably ~5 months in advance where a lot could change including title design, patch content and creative ideas really makes ZERO sense.

In the past employees from companies have leaked things like this on /vg/. So I would not be surprised if it was true.

I don't expect a WoW expansion until Q4 '14. I don't think people will stand for 5.4 lasting 10+ months. So I expect a patch after 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account

Make a fake channel & get 184,697 subscribers ?? WoW's yotuube has 185,634 subs right now.

Either this guy or gal is a genius and goes into every little detail or its legit. I litterally have no clue what to say, but can only speculate.

Yeah I don't get it either, even in HD surely it'd only take a day at most (with Blizz's most powerful internet speeds) to render and upload and check. Uploading it probably ~5 months in advance where a lot could change including title design, patch content and creative ideas really makes ZERO sense.
    You do realize they have the concepts, artwork, name's, logs and things like that for the next WoW expansion? Blizzard is always several patches ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Skysunder is also a pretty stupid sounding name.
    Skysunder sounds like an awesome name to me, personally. I imagine the BL coming down with so much force, basically tearing the sky in half. Makes no sense if you take it literally of course, but still sounds exciting.

I'm really hoping this is the pre-expansion patch. Don't think it's real though, but really hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Wrathion doesn't expect the Legion to show up for a few years. .
    Expansions don't go straight from one to the other, there is a time period gap between them. A few years is a fairly big gap, but not completely unrealistic.

The logo is very well made, real or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    there was, and prolly still is in the Corgi Unleashed post(on front page)

http://i.imgur.com/UR62nMB.jpg where it says The Dark Below it used to say The Darkness Below before it got taken down and replaced with this one.

http://i.imgur.com/jJT2mz2.png this is the before image...
    hmm I've never seen the Darkness one before, that is new to me.

Why would they be announcing at Gamescom? Is it even logical to do that? I didn't think the convention was big enough to be worth announcing games at, but the recent D3 news may prove me wrong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    Expansions don't go straight from one to the other, there is a time period gap between them. A few years is a fairly big gap, but not completely unrealistic.

The logo is very well made, real or not.
    Not that big of a gap. If anything that wrathion text was setting us up for a 5-level expansion between MoP and Argus.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Make a fake channel & get 184,697 subscribers ?? WoW's yotuube has 185,634 subs right now.

Either this guy or gal is a genius and goes into every little detail or its legit. I litterally have no clue what to say, but can only speculate.
    That really doesn't say TOO much, as this 'leak' http://i.imgur.com/jJT2mz2.png also went into detail showing the correct number of videos (73), so which is it?

Actually... It says The Darkness Below... So he really didn't pay much attention ^^

Why would they be using youtube to upload all these videos that are several months away? Why wouldn't they be keeping this stuff in house?

Pretty sure someone could hack Blizzards youtube channel and find all the hidden videos pretty easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    That really doesn't say TOO much, as this 'leak' http://i.imgur.com/jJT2mz2.png also went into detail showing the correct number of videos (73), so which is it?

Actually... It says The Darkness Below... So he really didn't pay much attention ^^
    Ya I know that picture was the one i havn't seen until like 5 mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post

I mean it's definitely real, cuz I said so, BUT if you WERE to fake this... you would just screenshot the WoW youtube channel, photoshop your image into the area where the video goes and then take your picture.

Still real though. Rise of the Legion inc.