Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

Anyone know a way to see who uploaded that video? If it shows worldofwarcraft, then it's definitely real, or Blizzard is just trolling us.
    Someone got as far as "Nick cc Jason."

This could be Nick Reinhart linking the video (ccing) to his friend/colleague Jason, and he's a liar.

It could reference Blizzard's Nick Carpenter, Vice President of Art and Cinematics, and Jason Stilwell, Creative Development Director.

Or someone else entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

This was the post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vethon View Post
    If you look at the page source from the 2 removed youtube videos, they have some interesting tags/keywords etc.

Flame test
    /watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

This video has <meta name="description" content="Jason flame effect, cc Nick">

Dark Below
    /watch?v=VFW_lqdVdIQ

And this video has <meta name="keywords" content="wow, hunter guides, hunter pvp, hunter, mabus, lordreinhart, nick reinhart, Warcraft">

Any one who Nick Reinhart is?
    And Ro9ue's response:

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Good call on looking at the page source. Games over now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I guess it's still possible that they aren't connected, but since the meta description had Jason cc Nick, I'm going to guess they are friends and were both working on fake stuff. Jason being a lot better at creating fake leak stuff. Skysunder still looks Blizzard quality to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

Anyone know a way to see who uploaded that video? If it shows worldofwarcraft, then it's definitely real, or Blizzard is just trolling us.
    Yeah, I was playing with the URL, too. It's certainly a real link, and it's certainly one that was removed by the user for some reason or other. But that could be a (more elaborate) part of the fake. It certainly would add some curious legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I looked up lordreinhart and Nick Reinhart and found his twitter and tumbler, so I would guess publicity. But then I wondered if he had been involved with WoW at some time because a search for the name in wowhead brought up an NPC named Rarthein which seems to be a play on that name, as they occasionally do with employees.

I'm not sure what to make of it, but if you google the video's id (1zX1QEumV1A) you get just two hits: this thread, and an archived 4chan thread in /vg/ with a single mention of the video: a screencap and the YouTube link we already have.

Also, I'd like to point out that this video is not private. It was deleted. If it was private I could retrieve stills from it, but I just get blank YouTube placeholder squares.

That is so well made regardless of credibility.

Ok after more digging I found a program called TubEmAll:

(I scanned the DL and it seems clean, but I honestly wouldn't recommend downloading it)

http://www.tubemall.net/TubEmAll_Setup.exe

and after running the program it does successfully parse all of Blizzard's YouTube videos.

The software is allegedly supposed to be able to see cached versions of private and deleted videos which you can then download, but nothing comes up labeled 5.5 flame fx test so either the program is faulty or Blizzard never made this video.

Both are entirely possible so take this with a huge grain of salt.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-18 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scillion View Post
    Wrathion might have said more, but the only thing I remember that refers to the skies is: "the fires that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth."
    Indeed, but who says it's the next expansion, it might be one or two expansions ahead

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    An uncropped version of this image:

http://i.imgur.com/7Oq7rwn.jpg
    As much as I would like a Burning Legion expac but this video has 17views and 14likes? fishy

also the crimson/read part of the logo seems to be based on the blood-elf architecture. don't know what that really means, could the sunwell be our 'light portal' to the twisting nether for our 'army of the light'?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    also the crimson/read part of the logo seems to be based on the blood-elf architecture. don't know what that really means, could the sunwell be our 'light portal' to the twisting nether for our 'army of the light'?
    If we're getting another Legion expansion, I'd like to see a brand new aesthetic brought to the Legion and their strongholds and architecture.

In fact, I don't think we've seen that in WoW yet... last Legion buildings I saw were in WC3 when they made Dark Portals. The legion had a lot of machinery in BC, but no major fortresses of their own construction. Love to see something like that - the fiery citadels in the Firelands looked amazing, I'm imaging some demon-y version of those, with felgreen flame.

Ok, so ro9ue is back, and after asking him directly where he found the The Skysunder images he responded:

I'm pleading the fifth.

Let's just wait and see what happens in a few months. Might be real, might not.
    Pleading the Fifth implies that, among other things, if he were to tell us where he found the logo it would be self-incriminating.

When questioned by Xinjun:

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The first person to post the second screenshot on MMO was ro9ue. Ro9ue, where did you find it?
    He responded:

I found it... INTHETOMBOFSARGERAS
    This leads me to two possible conclusions. Either:

A) ro9ue works for Blizzard

or far more likely

B) He is our leaker

While I think this logo looks great and is extremely well done, I don't think The Skysunder is a name Blizzard would use as there is already a cataclysmic event in the lore with a similar name:

http://wowpedia.org/Great_Sundering

The animated fire in the video appears to be symmetrical. This would be done only if the animator wanted to save time and is considered lazy animation.

The video for this logo was not set to private, it was deleted. This makes it impossible to find stills of the video through YouTube's thumbnail server.

This logo has multiple images, some cropped and some uncropped, and all seem to have been first posted by ro9ue. Why?

Cropped:

http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

Uncropped:

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn

He also introduced the uncropped image in reponse to this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen and b) taken a screen on something they couldn't easily photoshop, like some new in-game footage of a zone we've never seen before.
    His response (which admittedly made me giggle):

http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il

I count... One... AH AH AH... Two AH AH AH
    Where did he get the second image?

The logo also does not have a border around the patch number which contrasts with nearly 16 Blizzard patch logos. This isn't necessarily proof of anything, but it does break a pattern.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/the...craft/chapter7

From this, I'm going to personally go with option B.

tl;dr ro9ue done it. I also think he might be named Jason and in cahoots with Nick Reinhart (his handle on this forum is lordreinhart, and he admitted to fabricating the fake The Dark Below logo with the C'thun eye that was floating around.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vethon View Post
    If you look at the page source from the 2 removed youtube videos, they have some interesting tags/keywords etc.

Flame test
    /watch?v=1zX1QEumV1A

This video has <meta name="description" content="Jason flame effect, cc Nick">

Dark Below
    /watch?v=VFW_lqdVdIQ

And this video has <meta name="keywords" content="wow, hunter guides, hunter pvp, hunter, mabus, lordreinhart, nick reinhart, Warcraft">

Any one who Nick Reinhart is?
    There is one thing I can't account for though: if ro9ue is the leaker, then why is he content to just let everyone forget about The Skysunder? Content for us to just "wait and see what happens in a few months?" If it weren't for the fact that I keep bumping this thread in an effort to get to the bottom of this, it would have been buried by now. Strange.

Of course ro9ue might be giving vague answers without directly implicating himself in the hopes that we will suspect him and keep talking about this. If I had just let this topic die it would have been forgotten by now. Maybe I'm his patsy. My head hurts.

I should also note that there is a hidden option C) He works for Blizzard in some capacity *and* is our leaker.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-08-19 at 05:47 AM.

They don't need to release 5.5 tomorrow, and it even says Test in the video. So that is not the final version, if it's real :P I'm sure the flame effects gets improved and borders get added if/when the time comes.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

They don't need to release 5.5 tomorrow, and it even says Test in the video. So that is not the final version, if it's real :P I'm sure the flame effects gets improved and borders get added if/when the time comes.
    If they were using it for testing purposes why would they delete it rather than make it private?

Quote Originally Posted by pr0digy View Post
    It's gonna be a pre-expansion patch, so there should be a trailer imo
    I don't remember the other pre-expansion events having a trailer. Usually the trailer for the next expansion was released around that time wasn't it?

I think Blizzard has been indicating that they might do SOMETHING between SoO and next expansion, just don't think this is it. Dunno if Blizzard has even decided on what to do yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't remember the other pre-expansion events having a trailer. Usually the trailer for the next expansion was released around that time wasn't it?
    I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    "The Skysunder" sounds weird. I'm not a native speaker, but wouldn't it either be "Skysunder" or "The Skysundering"?
    I don't think it's odd at all. "Sunder" is a verb, so "Skysunder" would mean the splitting of the sky.

If this were to be an event like "the Cataclysm" then one might refer to the moment when the Legion rained from the sky as "The Skysunder"

Infracted
    Last edited by Gehco; 2013-10-24 at 07:31 AM.

No legitimate evidence to suggest it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I think Blizzard has been indicating that they might do SOMETHING between SoO and next expansion, just don't think this is it. Dunno if Blizzard has even decided on what to do yet.
    I remember a few trailer-type pre-expansion moments:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=patch+tr...fe=off&tbm=vid

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    I don't think it's odd at all. "Sunder" is a verb, so "Skysunder" would mean the splitting of the sky.

If this were to be an event like "the Cataclysm" then one might refer to the moment when the Legion rained from the sky as "The Skysunder"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    No legitimate evidence to suggest it's real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I remember a few trailer-type pre-expansion moments:

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=patch+tr...fe=off&tbm=vid
    You guys realize this thread has been dead for two months, right?
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Still worthy of necro especially that the next patch is 5.5 for story advancement.

i don't think we will find out if its real until blizzcon, if they reveal skysunder is real before blizzcon is basically confirms burning legion expansion. so 5.5 probably on PTR after blizzcon?
    Too cool for a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not anymore it's not!