Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
... LastLast
  1. #481
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    And the source of this comes from...
    ...Pizza Hut!

  2. #482
    Please giff me Skysunderz
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

    - A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

  3. #483
    it's a fake
    look at picture
    it uses 4,1 trailer ending stuff

    look it's shown on youtube and it hasnot been confirmed by any source that was uploaded there
    look at timer 0:06 of 0:21? wtf?
    wher ehave u seen 21 sec lengs oth logo onyl or trailer size? mostly when patch name is shown at START and not at end of line


    look at any pervious patch trailers almsot all need 5-8 secs to show fully patch logo
    and after that, 2-3 secs and it disappears


    its a fake
    fake fake


    also flames
    loook carefully they come from below, like in 4,1

  4. #484
    Fake or not, we've already gotten 25 pages of discussion out of the topic and no new developments. Probably best to let the thread stay dead.

  5. #485
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Who the hell necros a thread about a leak that's been confirmed as fake?
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  6. #486
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Who the hell necros a thread about a leak that's been confirmed as fake?
    Bottom men......






    Bottom....men....
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Who the hell necros a thread about a leak that's been confirmed as fake?
    I don't think this has been "confirmed" fake yet. Just that it can't be proven until the actual 5.5 patch comes out to see if it's true or fake.

  8. #488
    fact its fake!

  9. #489
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,407
    Quite a few misconceptions being thrown around in this thread!

    First of all, here is a different image showing a little more detail:



    As you can see from the title -- it's just the "title frame fx test" -- and not the full trailer; so people who are dismissing its validity on that point alone are doing so on a false assumption.

    Other posters have pointed this out too, but I think it merits repetition: asking for a source is pointless, because any source would serve their interests best by remaining anonymous. If the source identified themselves, not only would they possibly put their career at risk, but they would most certainly ruin any chance at leaking anything else.


    I am not for a moment suggesting that this is the genuine article. In fact, I've got a strong feeling that it isn't.
    But let's not try to support our beliefs with flimsy logic and outright wrong conclusions.

  10. #490
    To the people saying it's fake because he took a picture of a screen, I guarantee you would have said the same thing if it was a print screen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Quite a few misconceptions being thrown around in this thread!

    First of all, here is a different image showing a little more detail:



    As you can see from the title -- it's just the "title frame fx test" -- and not the full trailer; so people who are dismissing its validity on that point alone are doing so on a false assumption.

    Other posters have pointed this out too, but I think it merits repetition: asking for a source is pointless, because any source would serve their interests best by remaining anonymous. If the source identified themselves, not only would they possibly put their career at risk, but they would most certainly ruin any chance at leaking anything else.


    I am not for a moment suggesting that this is the genuine article. In fact, I've got a strong feeling that it isn't.
    But let's not try to support our beliefs with flimsy logic and outright wrong conclusions.

    "no its fake !one11!! source or gtfo !!one!111"

  11. #491
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    To the people saying it's fake because he took a picture of a screen, I guarantee you would have said the same thing if it was a print screen.

    "no its fake !one11!! source or gtfo !!one!111"
    This topic really, really needs to die.

    You can't honestly believe that Blizzard created the LOGO (A logo that looks visually different from all other patch logos of every expansion) for the 5.5 patch trailer before they were even halfway finished testing 5.4, and they took that Logo, animated it a patch in advance, and put it on youtube using their main account that has thousands of subscribers to test it--because you know, they couldn't test it internally, they had to see how it looked on youtube.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  12. #492
    So I asked my eight year old sister if she believed it, and she said no. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Blizzard doesn't need to use Youtube to test their videos, They can test it internally, easily I believe.

  13. #493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    because you know, they couldn't test it internally, they had to see how it looked on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Blizzard doesn't need to use Youtube to test their videos, They can test it internally, easily I believe.
    Uploading private videos to a company YouTube channel is a good, quick way to share across a large team who all have access. With something like VFX, you want to upload to the platform you're presenting it on to make sure there isn't a drop in quality. It's not like saving out an image. Video codecs and all that jazz make it a little more complicated.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.

    Why not just use Dropbox? Well a few reasons. You would have to export the video out in a specific format. If you're showing the art team on Macs, the marketing team on PCs and maybe some higher ups out of office on their mobile device... yeah YouTube makes that all much, much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  14. #494
    This looks legit, and I hope it's legit.

    It's either legit either the devs just dropping an intentional fake video to mess with us. We'll know in 2 weeks.

  15. #495
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    To the people saying it's fake because he took a picture of a screen, I guarantee you would have said the same thing if it was a print screen.

    - - - Updated - - -




    "no its fake !one11!! source or gtfo !!one!111"
    What's your point?
    That people who want more evidence than one image are stupid and that we should all jump to ridiculous conclusions?
    Sorry, that's all it is, an image, with no backup, until something arises to give it any legitimacy, it's just an image, and it's not even enough to merit a discussion.

    I'm not saying this is definitely nothing, it could be something, but we have no grounds to believe it's anything more than a Youtube video and an image, sorry.

  16. #496
    Question: why the hell would Blizzard put a fucking fx test, something that can be easily done in house and prepared long before they even put it out in its finished form, on fucking youtube? That's the main reason I call BS on this screencap. Because honestly, what logic is there for them to do something that they've always done in house on youtube?

  17. #497
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Uploading private videos to a company YouTube channel is a good, quick way to share across a large team who all have access. With something like VFX, you want to upload to the platform you're presenting it on to make sure there isn't a drop in quality. It's not like saving out an image. Video codecs and all that jazz make it a little more complicated.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.

    Why not just use Dropbox? Well a few reasons. You would have to export the video out in a specific format. If you're showing the art team on Macs, the marketing team on PCs and maybe some higher ups out of office on their mobile device... yeah YouTube makes that all much, much easier.
    What about just saving the video on a file server, and share it internally with almost no risk of accidental leak? If the foundry I work at can share videos and files internally easily, you can't tell me Blizzard can't.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  18. #498
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    What about just saving the video on a file server, and share it internally with almost no risk of accidental leak? If the foundry I work at can share videos and files internally easily, you can't tell me Blizzard can't.
    The point is that was snapped on a mobile phone. Even if you just had it on your screen in the native program, like After Effects, you could still take the picture. It wasn't leaked externally via YouTube, the test videos are kept private.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  19. #499
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The point is that was snapped on a mobile phone. Even if you just had it on your screen in the native program, like After Effects, you could still take the picture. It wasn't leaked externally, the test videos are kept private.
    My point was, Youtube is not a realistic hosting platform of something like that for blizzard. If they were doing a FX test, it would be done in a program like After Effects or Adobe and just shared cross the file server. You can't not rightfully tell me that Blizzard thinks youtube is superior to a secure file server.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  20. #500
    Bloodsail Admiral Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i don't think we will find out if its real until blizzcon, if they reveal skysunder is real before blizzcon is basically confirms burning legion expansion. so 5.5 probably on PTR after blizzcon?
    Totally agree with you on this one. I hope this and Legion expansion are real... I REALLY HOPE !
    I come across a wild river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •