Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I don't see why people are thinking that the Burning Legion and the Azshara story lines HAVE to be separate things. Azshara was in cahoots with the Burning Legion when they entered Azeroth the first time...is it really that much of a stretch that she might once again be working with them?
    Exactly. Many people seem to think that one enemy has to be the exclusive one, mostly because that is the normal format of the expansions. The original game didn't really have an exclusive enemy, Burning Crusaded added it by putting a lot of the focus on demon and the Burning Legion (Illidan sort of being an extension of that), the Scourge being the focus in WOTLK, and the Old Gods being the focus in Cataclysm. While the Old Gods had some large importance in MoP, most of the focus was on the faction war and Garrosh.

Blizzard has said since before the announcement of MoP that the next expansion after MoP was going to really have the junk hit the fan. We have already faced the Burning Legion on their own (Burning Crusade), and the Old Gods on their own (Catalcysm being the largest focus). What if the next one be have our enemies both above and below working together to smite us? The Old Gods minions rising from the earth while the Burning Legion falls from the sky. It would be an epic moment.

As for the "Dark Below", I wouldn't worry about all the zones being under water. I have a large feeling what the are going to do is make the "Dark Below" a sort of underworld realm, similar to the Underdark of Forgotten Realms fame. They wanted to do something like that back in WOTLK with Azjol-Nerub, but the zone turned out too much to handle. They attempted it again with Deepholme, to much greater success. It seems about time they take what they learned and have a huge "underground" continent situated around the Maelstrom. It could even be the first real "vertical" continent, where there are different levels going up and down. Maybe one zone is the islands around the Maelstrom, maybe another zone is the oceans, then a cavern that leads into the real Dark Below. There is a lot of stuff that can work well if they grab it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matej View Post
    It's fake. Prelaunch patches containing events leading to next expansion don't have logos and trailers. 5.4 is the last major patch that is going to have trailer, logo etc.
    NOBODY claims it will have a trailer, that's only your mistaken rushed argument because clearly it didn't occur to you that this may be unfinished work from inside the Blizzard dev work - aka "leak". Sundering had logo, even trailer if I remember correctly now. And it came out of nowhere as well. Just like Ruby Sanctum. So, there you go.

Its more than just the title though. Not only does Ozamut fit the Naga/Azshara/N'Zoth themed expansion, it also continues the storyline we never finished in Cataclysm where Ozamut kidnapped Neptulon. Also, Ozamut's title is the ONLY reference to "The Dark Below" in World of Warcraft. Not to mention the very term "The Dark Below" fits with the ocean depths.

Additionally, Wrathion's prediction (the one Burning Legion fans hang upon) is supposedly not going to occur for at least another year or so. Giving this expansion plenty of time to run its course.

Your last sentence is simply hilarious. Was Cataclysm also a "Filler Xpac"? If not, then neither would this, because it completes a storyline that began during Cataclysm, and deals with two of the major villains in Warcraft.
    Other than the fact you clearly are very desperate for the Old God expansion I don't find anything you said as clear as you obviously do, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I do have to wonder...why wouldn't the legion have a connection with the old gods?

I mean, sargeras abandoned the idea of order and actively works to undo the work of "order", the work of the titans. The titans fight against the forces of chaos (old gods). Isn't sargeras' end goal to let the old golds be free to wreak havok on the universe then?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there was an old god on the nathrezim homeworld that is the source of fel magic and ultimately responsible for sargeras' current state.
    Because they would destroy them. They don't want allegiance with anyone. Hove you ever seen two Old Gods working together? They are chaos themselves. If they are released they will only kill and destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because they would destroy them. They don't want allegiance with anyone. Hove you ever seen two Old Gods working together? They are chaos themselves. If they are released they will only kill and destroy.
    Right, and sargeras wants chaos.

And if an old god really is the source of fel magic, wouldn't it make anyone with corrupted blood their minions the same way the twilight hammer, etc etc are minions to n'zoth and so on?

Also, if the legion is serving an old god then they are effectively that old gods army, they can just as well be working to kill other old gods...or it could just be above the squabbles of other old gods. Inciting endless war and death just for its sake by releasing more of them.

I don't see what the problem is.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is all about HYPE, i wonder how is going to end this, with more or less subscribers?

I have an interesting concept tucked away in my mind :] with all this Wrathion talk of uniting to defeat the legion... what if we need N'Zoth's help? :P I know he wants chaos but he likely doesn't want his home and his worshippers completely destroyed. Just a random thought hehe
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    NOBODY claims it will have a trailer, that's only your mistaken rushed argument because clearly it didn't occur to you that this may be unfinished work from inside the Blizzard dev work - aka "leak". Sundering had logo, even trailer if I remember correctly now. And it came out of nowhere as well. Just like Ruby Sanctum. So, there you go.

Other than the fact you clearly are very desperate for the Old God expansion I don't find anything you said as clear as you obviously do, sorry.
    The fact that the screenshot is clearly of a Youtube video fills your theory full of holes. Blizzard's unfinished internal work has never been and would never be uploaded to Youtube half a year before its scheduled reveal. The leaker responsible would be fired immediately. If it's not a trailer there's no need for it to be a video. It's far too early for them to have even started on a logo for the pre-expansion patch.

There's a 99% chance this thing is as fake as a three dollar bill, and if you cling to it you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yes that's it. Random internet trolls have definitely never pushed out insanely fake looking stuff like this during speculation periods for every major game ever. Really, that's never happened. It's not an extremely common trend or anything.

Right, and sargeras wants chaos.
    Not exactly. He believes the universe is chaotic by nature, and that no matter what the Titans do, the universe will always have chaos because it was "built" on chaos. His ultimate goal is not just to create chaos, but to burn the entire universe down so it could be rebuilt from scratch in his own image, which in itself is creating a personal form of "order".

Think of it like this. Sargeras moved into a house (the universe) with all his roomates (the titans). Soon they all learn the wood holding the house together is full of termites. Sargeras does his best to stop the termites and patch up the walls, but over time he learns the futility of it. No matter how many patches he puts up or how many termites he kills, the wood is still a broken, rotten mess. In his opinion, the only way to fix the problem is to burn the house down (much to the disagreement with his roomates) and rebuild it.

That is what ultimately drives him.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    What might that be?
    Fan Fiction is created to entertain and prompt discussion.
    There was a thread created with that being one of multiple images and a thorough background.
    It was always stated to be fictitious.

A fake is one where someone intentionally presents something as being genuine when it is not.

The logo being referred to was picked up by 3rd parties without knowing the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The fact that the screenshot is clearly of a Youtube video fills your theory full of holes. Blizzard's unfinished internal work has never been and would never be uploaded to Youtube half a year before its scheduled reveal. The leaker responsible would be fired immediately. If it's not a trailer there's no need for it to be a video. It's far too early for them to have even started on a logo for the pre-expansion patch.

There's a 99% chance this thing is as fake as a three dollar bill, and if you cling to it you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.
    I see it more like 50/50 to be honest. If it was fake, then it would be the best fake artwork I've seen ever - thats what disturbs me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Not exactly. He believes the universe is chaotic by nature, and that no matter what the Titans do, the universe will always have chaos because it was "built" on chaos. His ultimate goal is not just to create chaos, but to burn the entire universe down so it could be rebuilt from scratch in his own image, which in itself is creating a personal form of "order".

Think of it like this. Sargeras moved into a house (the universe) with all his roomates (the titans). Soon they all learn the wood holding the house together is full of termites. Sargeras does his best to stop the termites and patch up the walls, but over time he learns the futility of it. No matter how many patches he puts up or how many termites he kills, the wood is still a broken, rotten mess. In his opinion, the only way to fix the problem is to burn the house down (much to the disagreement with his roomates) and rebuild it.

That is what ultimately drives him.
    I've never read anything suggesting he wants to start from scratch or even rebuild the universe , just that he wants to undo the titans work because it is unnatural.

Got a source?
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-08-14 at 03:36 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Visions of Reesi the Delusional
    Look through the elder's eyes.
    Ask the blind and old for answers.
    Let the breath of whispers lead you.
    The secret lies with Aln.

With that said, the logo for the unknown 5.5 patch is quite interesting. Only hope the air turns black and green fire falls from the skies above.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-08-14 at 03:38 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Yes that's it. Random internet trolls have definitely never pushed out insanely fake looking stuff like this during speculation periods for every major game ever. Really, that's never happened. It's not an extremely common trend or anything.
    This is insanely fake looking...? Looks like a nearly finished image to me. You've seen the pictures for other patches, right...?

Between Wrathion's vision and the Burdens of Shao Hao, it would be really obnoxious to end up with Azshara INSTEAD of the Legion next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Between Wrathion's vision and the Burdens of Shao Hao, it would be really obnoxious to end up with Azshara INSTEAD of the Legion next expansion.
    Yup. Having all these hints suggesting pandaria is preparing us for the legion then having to wait another expac to get there is a surefire way to get me to unsub until the legion expac finally is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    And the source of this comes from...
    Bet he made it in paint

Yup. Having all these hints suggesting pandaria is preparing us for the legion then having to wait another expac to get there is a surefire way to get me to unsub until the legion expac finally is released.
    How has the Legion info been heavier hinted than the Old God info? Both have been pretty heavy.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    How has the Legion info been heavier hinted than the Old God info? Both have been pretty heavy.
    The old god info in pandaria was about the sha/yshraaj which we will have dealt with by 5.4. The legion info has come directly from wrathions mouth, the one leading us through the whole adventure. And shaohaos story who is kinda the soul of pandaria. He explicitly states how he hid away pandaria was hidden away so that the people could conquer their negative emotions and be as prepared as he was....for the legion. ANd then 10,000 years later the mists recede for a reason, golly what could it be?

Tell, me, what suggestions have we gotten for an old god expansion outside of "the dark below" which is extreme speculation at this point?
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-08-14 at 03:58 PM.

This unconfirmed patch logo PROVES to me that the Legion will return, just like "The Dark Below" PROVES to me that we'll be fighting Azshara and getting Naga as a playable race.

There's some epic gullibility on these forums lately.

edit: Huh, I guess we have been getting logos for non-raid patches lately. Still, possibly fake and it doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of gullible people around here that will accept anything as fact :P
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-08-14 at 06:17 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu