Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 5.5 - The Skysunder

This was posted in one of the many, many Dark Below threads and appears to have been gotten buried, but I think it warrants its own thread - an image of what appears to be the logo for Patch 5.5's release.

The logo brings to mind the burning green fel flames of the Legion, and the name evokes an image of the sky itself being torn asunder, raining devastation down on Azeroth.

To me, this is pretty much concrete evidence that the Legion are going to be coming back, and it looks like they may be arriving as soon as Patch 5.5.

The trademarked name 'Dark Below' has got everything looking to the deep places of Azeroth, but maybe we should all be watching the skies.

What do people think about this?

Deleted
    And the source of this comes from...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that it was dismissed as a fake, but who knows? We will see in ~3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Looks like Eredar architecture

Deleted
    Fake.

Why would the have a trailer for 5.5 already? There is nothing to be discussed about this.

Deleted
    Seems kind of contradictory with the xpac name (if it's an expansion name for WoW). Interesting though.

If it is indeed fake, someone has some mad skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? It could easily be shitty fanart (like that Burning Legion expac that dumb chinese websites think is real).

Also, nice job taking a picture of a moniter, whoever took that.

Have you met?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Hiya!

Pretty sure, as the others have already mentioned, that this is fake. It doesn't change the fact it looks cool though =P.

Very obvious fake. The point?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    21 seconds long. That would officially be the worst patch trailer ever. Fake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Very obvious fake. The point?
    How is it 'obvious?' Looks pretty high quality to me - if its fake than yeah, props to the creator. Looks to me more like a graphic test of the final logo that would be appended to the end of the cinematic, if they make one at all for a non-raid patch.

Deleted
    Its so poor quality its obviously a fake and a bad one too...

So I'm having a mental block right now, but wasn't there a prophecy about the sky tearing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So I'm having a mental block right now, but wasn't there a prophecy about the sky tearing?
    Funny enough, same here.. I wasn't surprised to see the name (if it was a patch name even), and I can't help but feel there was something said previously that this may happen.. I hate reading shit when I've just woken up. Can't process :<

I'm not going to just call fake, because Wrathion did mention the sky splitting in two, as Hitei said (right?) but meh, I'm more focused on 5.4 atm. Cool find though if it's true. Good job. I'll keep this in mind.

I'm sure blizzard has thought of somthing for 5.5 so we'll just have to be patient (:

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Funny enough, same here.. I wasn't surprised to see the name (if it was a patch name even), and I can't help but feel there was something said previously that this may happen.. I hate reading shit when I've just woken up. Can't process :<
    Velen's vision maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Velen's vision maybe?
    Velen has been known to blabber about that for ages. Wrathion might have said more, but the only thing I remember that refers to the skies is: "the fires that once burned the sky will return. It is inevitable. The Burning Legion WILL find Azeroth."

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... your source?