Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Yup. Having all these hints suggesting pandaria is preparing us for the legion then having to wait another expac to get there is a surefire way to get me to unsub until the legion expac finally is released.
    I go back to my first post...why does an Azshara xpack have to mean no Burning Legion? The woman allied herself with them which is what caused the FIRST Cataclysm.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of whether it's fake or not it's probably one of my favourite looking patch logos.

Deleted
    Why would the logo for the patch appear 6 seconds in the trailer? Fake.

The old god info in pandaria was about the sha/yshraaj which we will have dealt with by 5.4. The legion info has come directly from wrathions mouth, the one leading us through the whole adventure. And shaohaos story.

Tell, me, what suggestions have we gotten for an old god expansion outside of "the dark below" which is extreme speculation at this point?
    Y'shraaj's whispers echo things that the Yogg Saron puzzle box has been saying for years. N'Zoth had a large underhanded part in Cataclysm (with dozens of fairly heavy suggestions) and has not been dealt with to date. Yes, in Pandaria, Wrathion has been talking about the Legion. I don't think that indicates they are a more immediate threat than the one that exists right under our feet and has been actively fucking with us for years.

In fact, I was quite surprised and confused when Cataclysm ended without an Old God confrontation. With all the maws and faceless generals that popped up in DS. And here we are playing in the trees with the pandas.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-08-14 at 04:04 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    This unconfirmed patch logo PROVES to me that the Legion will return, just like "The Dark Below" PROVES to me that we'll be fighting Azshara and getting Naga as a playable race.

I wonder, have we ever gotten a special logo for a non-raid tier patch at the end of an expansion? I can't recall that ever happening and I don't see why it would now.

There's some epic gullibility on these forums lately.
    no becasue they weren't their own patch really , just an extension of the previous patch... ruby sanctum was 3.3.5 not 3.4 and it's the only one we have to go on since it's the only other patch to tie between 2 expansions... but they hinted at something bigger in MoP...

The old god info in pandaria was about the sha/yshraaj which we will have dealt with by 5.4. The legion info has come directly from wrathions mouth, the one leading us through the whole adventure. And shaohaos story who is kinda the soul of pandaria. He explicitly states how he hid away pandaria was hidden away so that the people could conquer their negative emotions and be as prepared as he was....for the legion. ANd then 10,000 years later the mists recede for a reason, golly what could it be?

Tell, me, what suggestions have we gotten for an old god expansion outside of "the dark below" which is extreme speculation at this point?
    To name a few:

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Den
    This twisted world is beyond redemption... beyond the reach of deluded heroes... The only answer to corruption... is destruction. And that begins now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Den
    Wait! I am... I am not your enemy. You are powerful, more powerful than he was, even... perhaps you are right. Perhaps there is still hope. But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you mortals, vast, endless, and all consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course. But you have earned the right to try. Farewell.
    Source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    To name a few:

Source
    yes, he's speaking about the twisting nether which has a link to it in the rift of aln/maelstrom so it's technically below

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    yes, he's speaking about the twisting nether
    The Twisting Nether is not beneath us, and Ra-Den is a keeper originally tasked with fighting Old Gods, not the Legion. For that matter, the Sundering was ten thousand years ago and Ra-Den's been locked in that basement for at least 14,000 years. How would he even know the Legion exists?
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-08-14 at 04:08 PM.

To name a few:

Source
    How does a couple quotes from a heroic only boss suggest more than your guide for the entire expansion, that everyone who plays the game interacts with and listens to, does? Right, it doesn't.

How does a couple quotes from a heroic only boss suggest more than your guide for the entire expansion, that everyone who plays the game interacts with and listens to, does? Right, it doesn't.
    But plenty of people played Cataclysm and plenty of people will fight Garosh and hear Y'shraaj (even if just via LFR) both of which deal with an as-until-now-unconfronted Old God. What hints did we have that the next xpac was going to be pandas after Cata, I ask?
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    The Twisting Nether is not beneath us, and Ra-Den is a keeper originally tasked with fighting Old Gods, not the Legion. For that matter, the Sundering was ten thousand years ago and Ra-Den's been locked in that basement for at least 14,000 years. How would he even know the Legion exists?
    because the legion was not invented 10.000 years ago? that's just when they first found azeroth, but Ra-den being a titan construct may have very well known about their existance.

There will definitely be a Legion xpac. I just think it will be the final battle.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    What might that be?
    Whether or not it's being passed off as real.

Wrathion doesn't expect the Legion to show up for a few years. He switched allegiance from the Horde to the Alliance so that one of them would win and forcibly integrate the losing forces into a single army that could stand against the Legion. He expected this to be a long process, with the conquest of Thunder Bluff taking at least a year. With Varian letting the Horde rebels off the hook, his plans for a unified Alliorde army were ruined and he decided to take a different approach to preparation.

Direct from sound files in 5.4.

So in light of this, how does the next expansion not being a Legion expansion contradict anything Wrathion says? Right, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    because the legion was not invented 10.000 years ago? that's just when they first found azeroth, but Ra-den being a titan construct may have very well known about their existance.
    He's a construct. Why would he need to know anything that didn't directly pertain to his actual job? And even if he did know, after 14,000 years any information he did have would be completely out of date.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-08-14 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I wonder, have we ever gotten a special logo for a non-raid tier patch at the end of an expansion?
    We've never gotten a non-raid tier patch at the end of an expansion, period.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    We've never gotten a non-raid tier patch at the end of an expansion, period.
    *Raises eyebrow* Ruby Sanctum, anyone?
    Xinjun

Wrathion doesn't expect the Legion to show up for a few years. He switched allegiance from the Horde to the Alliance so that one of them would win and forcibly integrate the losing forces into a single army that could stand against the Legion. He expected this to be a long process, with the conquest of Thunder Bluff taking at least a year. With Varian letting the Horde rebels off the hook, his plans for a unified Alliorde army were ruined and he decided to take a different approach to preparation.

So in light of this, how does the next expansion not being a Legion expansion contradict anything Wrathion says? Right, it doesn't.

He's a construct. Why would he need to know anything that didn't directly pertain to his actual job? And even if he did know, after 14,000 years any information he did have would be completely out of date.
    Sorry I didn't have knowledge of unreleased content, bruh.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He's a construct. Why would he need to know anything that didn't directly pertain to his actual job?
    It has to be understood that Wrathion is not Velen. He's not required to tell the truth all the time. He stretches the truth when we first meet him to make it seem more dire. That way we would help him in his plan to take over the Alliance and Horde.

We fell for the bait perfectly, even believing on here that he was telling the truth about just how dire the situation was.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    *Raises eyebrow* Ruby Sanctum, anyone?
    It was patch 3.3.5a, though, not patch 3.4.