Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
... LastLast
  1. #501
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    To the people saying it's fake because he took a picture of a screen, I guarantee you would have said the same thing if it was a print screen.

    "no its fake !one11!! source or gtfo !!one!111"
    This topic really, really needs to die.

    You can't honestly believe that Blizzard created the LOGO (A logo that looks visually different from all other patch logos of every expansion) for the 5.5 patch trailer before they were even halfway finished testing 5.4, and they took that Logo, animated it a patch in advance, and put it on youtube using their main account that has thousands of subscribers to test it--because you know, they couldn't test it internally, they had to see how it looked on youtube.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  2. #502
    So I asked my eight year old sister if she believed it, and she said no. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Blizzard doesn't need to use Youtube to test their videos, They can test it internally, easily I believe.

  3. #503
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    because you know, they couldn't test it internally, they had to see how it looked on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boottybounce View Post
    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that Blizzard doesn't need to use Youtube to test their videos, They can test it internally, easily I believe.
    Uploading private videos to a company YouTube channel is a good, quick way to share across a large team who all have access. With something like VFX, you want to upload to the platform you're presenting it on to make sure there isn't a drop in quality. It's not like saving out an image. Video codecs and all that jazz make it a little more complicated.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.

    Why not just use Dropbox? Well a few reasons. You would have to export the video out in a specific format. If you're showing the art team on Macs, the marketing team on PCs and maybe some higher ups out of office on their mobile device... yeah YouTube makes that all much, much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  4. #504
    This looks legit, and I hope it's legit.

    It's either legit either the devs just dropping an intentional fake video to mess with us. We'll know in 2 weeks.

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    To the people saying it's fake because he took a picture of a screen, I guarantee you would have said the same thing if it was a print screen.

    - - - Updated - - -




    "no its fake !one11!! source or gtfo !!one!111"
    What's your point?
    That people who want more evidence than one image are stupid and that we should all jump to ridiculous conclusions?
    Sorry, that's all it is, an image, with no backup, until something arises to give it any legitimacy, it's just an image, and it's not even enough to merit a discussion.

    I'm not saying this is definitely nothing, it could be something, but we have no grounds to believe it's anything more than a Youtube video and an image, sorry.

  6. #506
    Question: why the hell would Blizzard put a fucking fx test, something that can be easily done in house and prepared long before they even put it out in its finished form, on fucking youtube? That's the main reason I call BS on this screencap. Because honestly, what logic is there for them to do something that they've always done in house on youtube?

  7. #507
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Uploading private videos to a company YouTube channel is a good, quick way to share across a large team who all have access. With something like VFX, you want to upload to the platform you're presenting it on to make sure there isn't a drop in quality. It's not like saving out an image. Video codecs and all that jazz make it a little more complicated.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.

    Why not just use Dropbox? Well a few reasons. You would have to export the video out in a specific format. If you're showing the art team on Macs, the marketing team on PCs and maybe some higher ups out of office on their mobile device... yeah YouTube makes that all much, much easier.
    What about just saving the video on a file server, and share it internally with almost no risk of accidental leak? If the foundry I work at can share videos and files internally easily, you can't tell me Blizzard can't.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    What about just saving the video on a file server, and share it internally with almost no risk of accidental leak? If the foundry I work at can share videos and files internally easily, you can't tell me Blizzard can't.
    The point is that was snapped on a mobile phone. Even if you just had it on your screen in the native program, like After Effects, you could still take the picture. It wasn't leaked externally via YouTube, the test videos are kept private.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  9. #509
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The point is that was snapped on a mobile phone. Even if you just had it on your screen in the native program, like After Effects, you could still take the picture. It wasn't leaked externally, the test videos are kept private.
    My point was, Youtube is not a realistic hosting platform of something like that for blizzard. If they were doing a FX test, it would be done in a program like After Effects or Adobe and just shared cross the file server. You can't not rightfully tell me that Blizzard thinks youtube is superior to a secure file server.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  10. #510
    Bloodsail Admiral Arian21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    My house :)
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i don't think we will find out if its real until blizzcon, if they reveal skysunder is real before blizzcon is basically confirms burning legion expansion. so 5.5 probably on PTR after blizzcon?
    Totally agree with you on this one. I hope this and Legion expansion are real... I REALLY HOPE !

  11. #511
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My point was, Youtube is not a realistic hosting platform of something like that for blizzard. If they were doing a FX test, it would be done in a program like After Effects or Adobe and just shared cross the file server. You can't not rightfully tell me that Blizzard thinks youtube is superior to a secure file server.
    When you're sharing to members of a team outside a creative department (people without ACC), sharing with YouTube makes it a lot easier. Also read my comment above about rendering in the platform you're pushing it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  12. #512
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The point is that was snapped on a mobile phone. Even if you just had it on your screen in the native program, like After Effects, you could still take the picture. It wasn't leaked externally via YouTube, the test videos are kept private.
    You're the one who originally introduced this leak to these forums. Where did you find it?

  13. #513
    Ah, this thread rises.

    After reading through everyone so confidently dismissing it, I hope it turns out to be real.

  14. #514
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    When you're sharing to members of a team outside a creative department (people without ACC), sharing with YouTube makes it a lot easier. Also read my comment above about rendering in the platform you're pushing it to.
    I can share a file with a person in anyone of the 6 plants located around the country in the company I work with it, and keep it secure from accidental access. You mean to tell me that Blizzard can't share across one campus? Yeah no. You mean Blizzard can setup appropriate account access to their Youtube channel, but can't setup appropriate access permissions on their own network. You are making up scenarios to support Blizzard using Youtube when for security sake and simplicity, a network share is just superior to sharing on Youtube.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  15. #515
    Brewmaster mitbrandir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    holland
    Posts
    1,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This topic really, really needs to die.

    You can't honestly believe that Blizzard created the LOGO (A logo that looks visually different from all other patch logos of every expansion) for the 5.5 patch trailer before they were even halfway finished testing 5.4
    I do think so, when you consider that Blizzard was already starting to work on X5 around the time they released MoP
    When your enemies meet death , it is my face that shall greet them.
    [

  16. #516
    Stood in the Fire Kagecamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hell aka Detroit
    Posts
    381
    If it turns out to be a burning legion themed expac with Sargeras as the final boss, I have just one thing to say.

    May 100 wipes be inflicted on each H Sargeras group for each lock hotfix we got this expac.

    /trollface

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Ah, this thread rises.

    After reading through everyone so confidently dismissing it, I hope it turns out to be real.
    It was dismissed because 2 months ago when xinjun asked:

    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    The first person to post the second screenshot on MMO was ro9ue. Ro9ue, where did you find it?
    ro9ue responded:

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I found it... INTHETOMBOFSARGERAS
    He's been called out on this several times since then but never responds.

    Also, when someone mentioned a second image:

    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    These images are pretty epic fakes... they went through the trouble of not only photoshopping the wow youtube channel, but then taking a off-screen pic to add to the authenticity. But if they wanted people to truly believe, they would have taken a) more than one screen and b) taken a screen on something they couldn't easily photoshop, like some new in-game footage of a zone we've never seen before.
    ro9ue was immediately able to come up with another one:

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    http://imgur.com/7Oq7rwn
    http://imgur.com/aLFX6Il



    I count... One... AH AH AH... Two AH AH AH
    So either ro9ue is an insider at Blizzard or he fabricated this leak.

  18. #518
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My point was, Youtube is not a realistic hosting platform of something like that for blizzard. If they were doing a FX test, it would be done in a program like After Effects or Adobe and just shared cross the file server. You can't not rightfully tell me that Blizzard thinks youtube is superior to a secure file server.
    This exactly.
    There are a score of better ways they could have sent the file around.

    Smaller teams can just call over their art director to their computer and preview right out of After Effects or whatever you're using, but when you're working within a large company where some of your higher-ups might not be in the same building... a private video channel is pretty handy.
    This is illogical.
    The entire company isn't working on the trailer.

    A very specific part of the art team is.
    It's pretty likely that the entire art team for wow is located in a single office space or floor of a building. The trailer team isn't going to send a 20 second effects test file for the patch trailer's logo to Mike Morhaime. If they show it to anyone, it's going to be to the other members of the trailer team right near them, or to the art director who is probably sitting down the hall.

    But let's pretend for a moment that against all logic, Blizzard is putting files up on youtube for internal sharing.

    What you are saying is that a member of the ART TEAM paused the video at a perfect point and then took pictures from several angels, AND THEN gave those pictures to a random friend to post wherever, potentially risking their job.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  19. #519
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,130
    While it's a Good photoshop, I have to say fake, for the main reason of who posted it. The image firs appeared here on mmoc, posted by a user here, not a new user with 1 post, a user normal active member here, and the image doesn't seem to have been leaked anywhere else online before here. So either he made the image, or he works at blizzard and decided to leak stuff under his main mmoc account.

    im fairly sure they were posted by the same person who made the fake dark below logo
    Too cool for a signature

  20. #520
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I can share a file with a person in anyone of the 6 plants located around the country in the company I work with it, and keep it secure from accidental access.
    Well my first point is this wasn't intercepted because it was on YouTube. You could be using magic to share the file, but if it's up on a screen and someone walks by with a camera phone and snaps a pic, it doesn't matter whether it's in After Effects, Dropbox, YouTube or PornTube.

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You mean to tell me that Blizzard can't share across one campus? Yeah no. You mean Blizzard can setup appropriate account access to their Youtube channel, but can't setup appropriate access permissions on their own network. You are making up scenarios to support Blizzard using Youtube when for security sake and simplicity, a network share is just superior to sharing on Youtube.
    When it comes to sharing videos, it honestly depends on how the company is set up. Video rendering to one format and putting it on a server when you have people on all sorts of machines and devices who need to view/approve can be a nightmare. Youtube videos are accessible to so many devices you can have Joe Creative on his Mac Pro in office seeing the same exact thing John President on his Android phone in a hotel somewhere is seeing. If they were sharing images or something, that's a different story, but video sharing is an entirely different animal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •