10+ Year Old Account

Latest Windows 7 Update crashes Rift

If you run Windows 7 64-bit and got the big Windows Update yesterday or today, it seems one of the security "fixes" KB 2859537 will keep crashing Rift when you try to log on

Simply uninstalling just this item will fix the problem, go go Mangysoft !

Deleted
    I just wanted to post to say thank you very much for adding this information; it helped and I'm back on Rift this morning.

Thanks again, this was extremely helpful

Slipmat thank you very much indeed! i've been trying to fix this all morning long and searched till my eyes were hurting. signed up here just to tell you thank you.

Rift updated the client today so perhaps that particular patch will not crash Rift on some configurations anymore. When I played yesterday I had no game crashes and I do play on a 64-bit Win7 OS and have all the patches applied.

Quote Originally Posted by DerRot View Post
    Rift updated the client today so perhaps that particular patch will not crash Rift on some configurations anymore. When I played yesterday I had no game crashes and I do play on a 64-bit Win7 OS and have all the patches applied.
    They said they were applying a hotfix today to address the issue for 64 bit users so I believe we should be all clear.