Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter 5.4 Stat Priority

    I honestly haven't followed PTR all that much, been taking a break from content since hitting 550 ilvl. before going back hard into it.

    Will we be going back to CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY ... or to CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE

  2. #2
    With the changes to how haste affects (or rather doesn't affect) RPPM, my money is on going back to a Crit >Haste > Mastery reforge.

  3. #3
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,512
    For BM at least, people have been suggesting haste will probably be the top stat even after the RPPM change. No idea if it's correct, but before we get a proper number pass, it's impossible for anyone to say anyway.

  4. #4
    Problably CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY for the dps in 10man and CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE for the extra reduction in 25man

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Problably CRIT > HASTE > MASTERY for the dps in 10man and CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE for the extra reduction in 25man
    What is this reduction you speak of... Stat prio can't suddenly change depending on 10 or 25

  6. #6
    Based on the fact that his signature lists a monk armory first and this thread is not titled specifically enough to indicate it is in the hunter forum, I'm guessing he clicked on this thread in the "recent forum posts" box on the main page and thought it was talking about BrewMaster monks rather than BeastMastery hunters.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Based on the fact that his signature lists a monk armory first and this thread is not titled specifically enough to indicate it is in the hunter forum, I'm guessing he clicked on this thread in the "recent forum posts" box on the main page and thought it was talking about BrewMaster monks rather than BeastMastery hunters.
    yeah.... be nice if everyone (and I'm guilty of it too) would include the class in the thread title

  8. #8
    Well. My bad I misread the posts and thought it meant to have been posted in the monk thread. My bad. Trying to move this back to the hunter forum.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ok, it's back to the hunters forums.

    To answer your question: we will still have Real PPM effects that scale off of haste. Remember only agi procs don't scale with haste. So with that in mind, I am pretty sure we will see crit > haste > mastery for SV and something like haste = crit > mastery for BM or crit > haste > mastery.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-08-14 at 04:00 PM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  9. #9
    Crit > haste > mastery is the likely target as SV and BM are too close to call, and the difference between crit and haste for BM is going to be negligible.

  10. #10
    I'm inclined to say that crit will be better for BM and it will probably be the best route since SV is definitely crit.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  11. #11
    I'll be going back to crit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    You know how people talk about how you could just make a piece of rock with a billion health and damage and call it "hard"?

    Ra-den is what you get when a designer thinks that's actually a really good idea.
    i7-3930k @ 4.6 | Sabertooth X79 | 32GB DDR3-1600 | GTX-680 Jetstream SLI | TX950W

  12. #12
    Wouldn't it be best to go for haste as BM for aoe fights? Since beast cleave cant crit, and that'll give the pet more cleaves.

  13. #13
    I thought Beast Cleave would "crit" but it just make more damage and shows as a hit? Remember something like that from the 5.3 PTR discussion thread.

    edit: looked at my log and I can't actually see the damage spread on my beastcleave, maybe it's just cuz I just woke up
    Last edited by shanattah; 2013-08-15 at 09:08 AM.
    Hunter PoV HC SoO videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/shanattah
    Hunter PoV stream: Twitch.tv/Shanattah

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to go for haste as BM for aoe fights? Since beast cleave cant crit, and that'll give the pet more cleaves.
    I think it would be best to just go SV for aoe fights honestly. As of right now, SV and BM are a lot closer than they were this tier. BM isn't definitively better at all anymore.

  15. #15
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    221
    Haste gives more basic attacks and beast cleave takes it's damage from those. I'd say we have to balance haste and crit to get maximum uptime in go for the throat.

  16. #16
    I'm pretty sure after the Real PPM nerf, that we will be going back to crit.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm pretty sure after the Real PPM nerf, that we will be going back to crit.
    Since we will probably be reforging crit > haste, would it make any sense to get back to the old Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (2/2) & Terror in the Mists (H 2/2) or Bottle of the Infinite Stars (H 2/2) trinket combination the day the patch arrives? Or is it worth to keep any of the normal/heroic RPPM trinkets although we're losing some haste from our reforges?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafte View Post
    Since we will probably be reforging crit > haste, would it make any sense to get back to the old Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (2/2) & Terror in the Mists (H 2/2) or Bottle of the Infinite Stars (H 2/2) trinket combination the day the patch arrives? Or is it worth to keep any of the normal/heroic RPPM trinkets although we're losing some haste from our reforges?
    The trinkets won't scale with haste either way, so I think it will be best to stick with the real ppm trinkets until you can get some out of SoO.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Based on the fact that his signature lists a monk armory first and this thread is not titled specifically enough to indicate it is in the hunter forum, I'm guessing he clicked on this thread in the "recent forum posts" box on the main page and thought it was talking about BrewMaster monks rather than BeastMastery hunters.
    Yeah my bad I just read BM :P

  20. #20
    pretty sure i will be going CRIT > MASTERY > HASTE as BM come 5.4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •