Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
  1. #201
    I found that at 7% haste your DB does one additional attack and when you get up to 18% haste it does two and for the next extra DB attack you have to have BL/Hero up with RF or FF and with all three it does 13 attacks in total. And I know that haste is useful for other things like our focus regen and the amount of auto shots we do. There for with 2pc I prioritize haste for more focus for a few extra Arcane Shots. Seems to work for some fights.

  2. #202
    I'm getting great results with crit>haste>mastery in gear 551. Was lucky to get WF assurance and a normal bow so fa.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by urgebear View Post
    I found that at 7% haste your DB does one additional attack and when you get up to 18% haste it does two and for the next extra DB attack you have to have BL/Hero up with RF or FF and with all three it does 13 attacks in total. And I know that haste is useful for other things like our focus regen and the amount of auto shots we do. There for with 2pc I prioritize haste for more focus for a few extra Arcane Shots. Seems to work for some fights.
    The DB haste breakpoints don't work. Sometimes you'll get extra attacks and sometimes you won't.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    It means the stats have varying values based on how much you have. Do not necessarily trust the stat scaling and use reforge plots.

    As someone else mentioned, having ~12k crit, 9k haste, and 3k mastery. Mastery's value is inflated because each point is influenced by the 12k crit and 9k haste. If you simply push everything into mastery, it's value begins to decrease as the synergy between them lessens.

    I'm not great at explaining, but it's something like that.

    For BM currently, crit and haste are pretty close in value. For Survival, crit triumphs over haste. To make it easier to switch between the specs, crit>haste is the way to go. If you plan on BM full time (or with MM offspec), haste>crit can work.
    Thank you so much as finally I have something clear to roughly work by. My brain can stop melting now!
    Last edited by Oumi; 2013-09-15 at 04:25 PM.

  5. #205

    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    The DB haste breakpoints don't work. Sometimes you'll get extra attacks and sometimes you won't.
    Yea, because dire beast spawns near boss and it wastes a small amount of time to get to boss, before it even hits him.
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of they dies...

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Oumi View Post
    Thank you so much as finally I have something clear to roughly work by. My brain can stop melting now!
    Another way to think of it is like in an audio system with two volume controls, like if you are listening to music on your phone using headphones that have their own volume control.

    If you max the volume on your phone, the value of that stat is essentially zero as it can't make any more difference for you. However, for each increment that you increase the volume on your headphones while the phone volume is at max, you're going to get a big increase in volume. So the value of the headphone volume "stat" is very high because the phone volume is so high.

    However, if you have the phone volume low, the value of that headphone volume "stat" is going to be proportionally lower, because even if you crank it to ten, you're still not getting much initial signal from the phone to begin with.

    It's not a 100% accurate comparison to any real stats in WoW, but that's how they behave. Stat values fluctuate as other stats rise and fall.

  7. #207
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Another way to think of it is like in an audio system with two volume controls, like if you are listening to music on your phone using headphones that have their own volume control.

    If you max the volume on your phone, the value of that stat is essentially zero as it can't make any more difference for you. However, for each increment that you increase the volume on your headphones while the phone volume is at max, you're going to get a big increase in volume. So the value of the headphone volume "stat" is very high because the phone volume is so high.

    However, if you have the phone volume low, the value of that headphone volume "stat" is going to be proportionally lower, because even if you crank it to ten, you're still not getting much initial signal from the phone to begin with.

    It's not a 100% accurate comparison to any real stats in WoW, but that's how they behave. Stat values fluctuate as other stats rise and fall.
    A better example would be Fire mage.

    They want Crit, to crit... it procs Ignite(% of Crit converted into a DoT), their mastery increases Fire DoT damage. So if you crit more and more, mastery gets more use thus jumps in value.

    Thus, the more you crit, the more mastery can do its thing and the more mastery, the better it's to land a crit.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    A better example would be Fire mage.

    They want Crit, to crit... it procs Ignite(% of Crit converted into a DoT), their mastery increases Fire DoT damage. So if you crit more and more, mastery gets more use thus jumps in value.

    Thus, the more you crit, the more mastery can do its thing and the more mastery, the better it's to land a crit.
    Except it's not only crits that proc ignite.

    My Stream from 8CST-1CST on Tuesdays (rarely), and other randum stuff.
    PIKA

  9. #209
    Grunt Insanyti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Insanity, The Mind
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    SIMCRAFT WILL GIVE YOU ACCURATE STAT WEIGHTS BASED ON THE EXACT GEAR YOUR CHARACTER IS IN. DUE TO ALL 3 SECONDARY STATS BEING SO CLOSE IN VALUE IT IS BOUND TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON WHAT EXACT PIECES OF GEAR YOU HAVE.
    I use SimCraft every single time I get a new piece of gear. I calculate out the reforging/gemming/enchanting stat bonuses and remove them from the import file before I do stat weights also, so I can an answer that is as unbiased as possible. (Also since all that stuff is liable to change depending on the results of SimC and personal testing.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •