Deleted

SoO boss route? Skippable bosses?

Hey guys, been looking for quite a while for this, but haven't been able to find conclusive info.

Our background:
    We are a guild raiding only 2 nights (raiding 5.5 hours total), and that means when we are on the later stages of the fight (or progressing on heroic) that we just dont have the time to clear every boss every week.
    This tier with the 100% linear bosses, we'd had to rely heavily on saved alts halfway through. Extending from Horridon very early on (since the trash+boss fight alone is 20 mins), and later on Ji-Kun. For our Lei Shen progress work we had to extend from Twins for 2 weeks to actually have time to get progress work done, and not only farm gear. So we had to miss out on all the usefull upgrades to get new kills at the late stages of ToT.

I guess there is lots of similar casual guilds like mine who have this problem

So I wondered for a long time if SoO is also 100% linear.

The first thing i read about this was from GC's Twizzcast interview yesterday:
    Siege of Orgrimmar
    •Siege of Orgrimmar has a little bit of branching in paths and ideally raids in the future will have more, allowing you to skip a boss or do bosses in a slightly different order.

--> So does anyone know which bosses are skippable / doable in different order? So we can kill a boss on HC and if time left still do the farm work rather than having to accept a save where bosses are already dead?

Thanks!

Not sure how accurate this is (the LFR section names are also out of date)

Does this mean Flex can choose to only do Paragons of the Klaxxi and Garrosh? If so BoAs should be really easy to farm.

Deleted
    Thanks for that picture Oratory.

And NeverStop, i doubt that. Maybe if you can save and alt to a Flex with Paragons dead, if Flex raids are allowed to be extended.

I believe Siegecrafter has been moved to the 4th section.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    That picture is not very accurate. Siegecrafter is in the last part of LFR, and you must do Spoils before Thok. It's looking linear for the first 9 bosses, then you can pick between Siegecrafter, Paragons, and Spoils+Thok (3-way split). I would assume you have to kill all of them before being able to get to Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    That picture is not very accurate. Siegecrafter is in the last part of LFR, and you must do Spoils before Thok. It's looking linear for the first 9 bosses, then you can pick between Siegecrafter, Paragons, and Spoils+Thok (3-way split). I would assume you have to kill all of them before being able to get to Garrosh.
    This. The only one that hasn't been confirmed yet is Paragons on the split or only after Siegecrafter + Thok.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post

And NeverStop, i doubt that. Maybe if you can save and alt to a Flex with Paragons dead, if Flex raids are allowed to be extended.
    hm why not with the army of alts people have to bring alt to one flx boss then just switch that alt each week.

We need to make sure we distinguish between LFR and non-LFR. Blizzard is not going to let LFR groups argue over which boss to do next or skip.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    it is called siege

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Does this mean Flex can choose to only do Paragons of the Klaxxi and Garrosh? If so BoAs should be really easy to farm.
    No. Only LFR uses the separate wings thing.

Deleted
    i dont like skippable bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    No. Only LFR uses the separate wings thing.
    No.
    Flex requires you to que for a section.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    The LFR/Flex sectioning is now like this:

Vale of Eternal Sorrows:
    Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride
    Gates of Retribution: Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shaman, General Nazgrim
    The Underhold: Malkorok, Spoils of Pandaria, Thok the Bloodthirsty
    Downfall: Siegecrafter Blackfuse, Paragons of the Klaxxi, Garrosh Hellscream

I know that Vale is linear. Gates SEEMS linear due to the map. Underhold looks like it isn't linear but from what I've heard from PTR testers they were having to deal with Malkorok first then had to face Spoils before getting to Thok. Siegecrafter/Paragons are probably branched with Garrosh at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    We need to make sure we distinguish between LFR and non-LFR. Blizzard is not going to let LFR groups argue over which boss to do next or skip.
    You are aware that Dragon Soul was this way, right?

You could either do Zon'ozz or Yor'sahj after Morchok. LFR didn't explode because of it. People just naturally went to Zon'ozz first.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

You could either do Zon'ozz or Yor'sahj after Morchok. LFR didn't explode because of it. People just naturally went to Zon'ozz first.
    Having to do them all but in any order you want is one thing (and was annoying having the raid split in DS), but having something completely skippable is just not good. People will want all bosses, some people won't... It won't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

I would guess that roughly 80% of the people in LFR did not know this

Deleted
    So they won't know now either ;-)