Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wasnt Mists of Pandaria a "hoax" too?

Why does this feel like when the goblin and worgen masks were datamined and Blizzard threw a bunch of other (inferior quality) masks up on the PTR to try to throw people off?

Okay so I am going to explain this for everyone in debate. The Dark Below application wasn't even made by Blizzard. It was just someone that wanted to play a joke. It hasn't been submitted as a real trademark. The $550 fee has NOT been paid. The Corgis Unleashed trademark isn't real either. That was just MMOs attempt to show everyone how easy it is to fill out a trademark application and in someone else's name. The $275 fee on that hasn't been paid either. So in the end someone had a nice joke that they played on all of us but neither of these trademarks are official. They are just filled out applications.
    Last edited by Lessthanzer0; 2013-08-14 at 08:47 PM.

ZOMG SO MUCH CORGI AGGRO! TANK GTF UP HERE AND HOLD THEM!

I would totally play that game. They would kill us with cuteness.

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    Okay so I am going to explain this for everyone in debate. The Dark Below application wasn't even made by Blizzard. It was just someone that wanted to play a joke. It hasn't been submitted as a real trademark. The $550 fee has NOT been paid. The Corgis Unleashed trademark isn't real either. That was just Blizzards attempt to show everyone how easy it is to fill out a trademark application. The $275 fee on that hasn't been paid either. So in the end someone had a nice joke that they played on all of us but neither of these trademarks are official. They are just filled out applications.
    Actually, I think Boub did the Corgis Unleashed. He said you can even file the Trademark under other names. So he faked it looking like a Blizzard one just to prove that these trademark requests can be faked by ANYONE to look like they were Blizzard.

Best. Hoax. Ever.

As soon as I read the front page I could not stop laughing, kudos to Blizzard, I'll carry on laughing regardless if the other two are real or not.

Deleted
    In this The dark Below application stood under Class: 2 and the fee that would have to be paid would have been 550 (2x 275) does this mean corgis was submitted as the second whatever "class" refers to or were there two trademarks apllied for with the dark below application? i dont understand what this "class" is.

It's just Metzen playing around on his lunch break :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    ZOMG SO MUCH CORGI AGGRO! TANK GTF UP HERE AND HOLD THEM!

I would totally play that game. They would kill us with cuteness.

Actually, I think Boub did the Corgis Unleashed. He said you can even file the Trademark under other names. So he faked it looking like a Blizzard one just to prove that these trademark requests can be faked by ANYONE to look like they were Blizzard.
    You're probably right about that now that I think about it. Either way, none of these applications have been submitted or were created by Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lhia View Post
    In this The dark Below application stood under Class: 2 and the fee that would have to be paid would have been 550 (2x 275) does this mean corgis was submitted as the second whatever "class" refers to or were there two trademarks apllied for with the dark below application? i dont understand what this "class" is.
    It hasn't been paid nor has it been submitted. It just a filled out application...nothing more.

Deleted
    Whoever was the troll, it was a good attempt. This is truly the core definition of someone being a troll. No one has been harmed, we all believed it was real, even though it wasn't.

Good troll. Good. Troll.

On the bright side, this might mean that Blizzard is following the path it used with the "Hearthstone" trademark and filing it in a small, less-technologically advanced country first (e.g., Swaziland) before bringing it to the US. Therefore, it's quite possible that we won't see any trademark filings in the US for the next WoW expansion until after the reveal at Blizzcon.

Damn, thought for a moment there we were getting a return to Outer Space, but with some REAL space travel this time…

All in the form of a World of Warcraft / Cowboy BeBop cross-over expansion! New Race…! Corgis…! New Class…! Data Dogs…!

Wonder what the mats requirements are for building my own Swordfish spacecraft…?!?

ok...people this is REALLY simple to understand.....try not to get lost but apparently people have no clue wtf went down....

1) The Dark Below application was posted (who did the application, no one knows, it hasn't actually been filed yet)
    2) Boub COMPLETELY MADE UP the Corgie Unleashed application to PROVE you didnt have to file it and could put anything you wanted showing that "The Dark Below" MAY NOT be legit
    3) Another guy did the same thing Boub did proving once again it COULD BE fake

Is the Dark Below real? we don't know....and wont know until something actually gets FILED and placed under BLIZZARDS name in a FINAL PIECE on the TESS website

Will Corgis be a neutral race? I still don't see how they are going to fit them in.

Well this could explain why we never got Reaper of Souls trademark announced for D3? Probably indeed found a secretive way to trademark things?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    You're probably right about that now that I think about it. Either way, none of these applications have been submitted or were created by Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

It hasn't been paid nor has it been submitted. It just a filled out application...nothing more.
    Its not about if it was paid or not my question was what this "class" is efering to. and why there is the number 2 in that box as there is the number 1 in the box for the corgis application

Deleted
    Fuuuuuck! I want my Naga expansion!

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone inform Arlee!

LOL if this were real they could partner with Trion and have us go to the realm of House Fluffington* to save the Corgis from... who knows what. Rift/WoW Crossover FTW.

* Rift's Corgis for their charity event were part of "House Fluffington"

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoW 10th anniversary is going to be a Corgi pet in the mail.