Poll: Hoax or not?

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    FOR EFF'S SAKE!! ONLY THE CORGI WAS A FAKE!!!

READ THE DAMN FRONT PAGE!!!

Read what Boubule wrote damnit! It took him 24 hours to verify it, and ultimately confirmed the Corgi one was a fake... THAT'S THE ONLY FAKE!!
    How about you read

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little early and I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    it doesn't take a whole lot for something to be taken the wrong way.
    That's what SHE said!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Yes that explains why it is on the battle.net website...makes a lot of sense...
    Where in the battle net wbsite is it, other than the website posted by boub, im just saying that the reason its on the URL cuz it may be a teaser, cuz otherwise why would they put the expac name on the URL without confirming itt was the expac, seems unlikely to me

I never said one was "minority" or "Majority". My point is that ANY SET UP EXPECTATION by Blizz and denied would be a bad thing on the audience. It doesn't matter who's the majority/minority or not. Notice I said "thousands" in regards to those liking the expansion... I didn't say "millions", did I? I'd even be the one to agree that the BC-Babies are in the majority over those who like the Naga/Azshara possible theme... but that doesn't matter.

What matters is the sheer idea of people Blizz playing a massive trick on the audience... which they have not.

The ONLY thing that was a trick was the Corgi bit... and that was perpetrated by somebody else - NOT BLIZZARD.
    You didn't say it but you implied it by saying "demon lovers" but then saying "But what about the THOUSANDS" it was a attempt to marginalize those wanting a legion xpac by trying to infer higher numbers supporting a naga based one.

As for the other one being by blizzard in case i missed something there is no proof of that now. It seems anyone can register and claim to have been blizzard from the look of the other one. The only trademark anyone has proof on being legit is Reaper of Souls. Other then that from what i can now see the one is a clear fake and the other being the dark below is most likely a fake. Blizzard has been very careful as of late you think they would get careless now? Maybe if we were a month out from blizzcon i could see it but not this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Bibi got slapped on the wrists again. Same thing happened when this site leaked stuff about Cataclysm, along with all the apologist posts claiming that the Cataclysm alpha screenshots might've been fake...
    They got to WoWInsider, too. Won't anyone stop them!?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    "Now that we have a Red Herring we can still hope for the legion, r-right g-guys" - Everyone in this thread
    How can we fight Legion and then fight the weaker boss afterwards that is Aszhara? Kil' Jaeden is more powerful than her for sure even if Sargeras does not bother to show his face. I think Blizzard will reserve the Legion for level 100.

FOR EFF'S SAKE!! ONLY THE CORGI WAS A FAKE!!!

READ THE DAMN FRONT PAGE!!!

Read what Boubule wrote damnit! It took him 24 hours to verify it, and ultimately confirmed the Corgi one was a fake... THAT'S THE ONLY FAKE!!
    We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little early and I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax.

So yeah i think we are reading just fine

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting this Guff about Dark Below being a hoax?

The only hoax MMO-C was reporting (which fooled them) was this Corgi thing....

Everything else (D3 expansion and Dark Below) are legit Blizz trademarks as MMO-Champ is not retracting any of that. Only thing they retracted was the Corgi thing...

For god's sakes man - the Reaper of Souls has it's own Battle.net page! You can't tell me THAT is a hoax!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

On the front page of MMO champ

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Don't you mean the other way around? Confirmed to be true because they are trying to make us forget about it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty obvious that Bibi got slapped on the wrists again. Same thing happened when this site leaked stuff about Cataclysm, along with all the apologist posts claiming that the Cataclysm alpha screenshots might've been fake...

Some of us actually learn from the past...
    Bibi seems to have a history of misreading dates.

Honestly the fact The Reaper of Souls isn't trademarked in the US yet could mean one of two things.

1. Trademarks are all made in Swaziland now, and that The Dark Below was a hoax.

2. Trademarks are all made in Swaziland now, and Bibi released the name a month earlier than his informant said to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That's totally me. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Anywho, I think it's a hoax, but only because Boub said so. He's almost never wrong.

So, funny thought. If this is a hoax, imagine how troll this to Blizzard. *random dev #1 wakes up, checks mmo-champion* "WTF? 'The Dark Below'? That's not the expansion name!" *calls Ghostcrawler* "Hey, Greg, you seen mmo-champ today?" "No, but I'm guessing that manes I should check it out." *Ghostcrawler sits up and goes to mmo-champion on his phone* "Hahahahahaha! This may be the single funniest thing I've seen on the internet in my life!"
    They wouldn't be laughing. They would be taking notes. The Dark Below has turned out to be a very popular concept, whether or not it's real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    How can we fight Legion and then fight the weaker boss afterwards that is Aszhara? Kil' Jaeden is more powerful than her for sure even if Sargeras does not bother to show his face. I think Blizzard will reserve the Legion for level 100.
    speaking of lvl 100, the heirlooms that drop from garrosh are from 90 - 100 HINT HINT!

Like when Hearthstone was revealed without anyone having discovered the trademark filing because it was done in Swaziland (which has no online database)? Or just yesterday, when Reaper of Souls was discovered without anyone having first found a trademark filing? The past suggests Blizzard can now file trademarks without having them discovered. So why then would they turn around and file the next WoW expansion's trademark where anyone can find it? They wouldn't.

Not enough common sense in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xUltraVegetaaaazHD720xxxx View Post
    Where in the battle net wbsite is it, other than the website posted by boub, im just saying that the reason its on the URL cuz it may be a teaser, cuz otherwise why would they put the expac name on the URL without confirming itt was the expac, seems unlikely to me
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/ Blizzard wouldn't just put that up there to not be an actual name. The only confirmation we have is for the D3 expansion name that's it.

I'm so tempted to create a thread called: [Hoax] The Five Stages - The Dark Below but I don't wanna receive my first infraction.

OT: Hoax for sure.

Deleted
    I'm on the fence about this, I'd say it's about 50/50 chance. My hope is that it's real, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/ Blizzard wouldn't just put that up there to not be an actual name. The only confirmation we have is for the D3 expansion name that's it.
    i think they would, i mean isnt the whole website to hype/tease us for the actual name realease of the expac at gamescom? cuz really it does seem pointless to put it up there other than for hyping means, but hey i could be wrong :3

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I agree, what is funny is that he was able to post alpha pics for WOTLK but he got a slap on the wrist for Cata. There is really no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Like when Hearthstone was revealed without anyone having discovered the trademark filing because it was done in Swaziland (which has no online database)? Or just yesterday, when Reaper of Souls was discovered without anyone having first found a trademark filing? The past suggests Blizzard can now file trademarks without having them discovered. So why then would they turn around and file the next WoW expansion's trademark where anyone can find it? They wouldn't.

Not enough common sense in this thread.
    A fact "Sea Hag Lovers" seem to overlook all together.

See i can mock people who don't want a legion xpac just like they mock those that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and the ultimate reason it won't be a "hoax" is the same thing I said back when they revealed MoP - why would they want to deliberately let down people's expectations!?

You don't spend that kind of money on setting up an expectation for months, just to have people get let down by denying their hype.
    Isn't it ironic that, Wrathion has been used to the same effect with his talk of "Burning Legion" all MoP?

But what about all the thousands here who are LOVING the idea of an undersea/Azshara/N'zoth expansion? Why the hell is it a good thing to let THEM down after setting up months of expectations? You think after months of excitement for a final battle with unfinished Cataclysm/Vanilla bosses and realms that they'd be more excited if all that got scrapped and they instead get yet another stupid Demon invasion? Because that's now many would see it right now. You BC-Babies may not... but the others here won't.

"BC-babies" "Demon Lovers" "Thousands who are LOVING the..." Yeah, you don't sound biased at all...I mean, I've yet to see thousands of people who want a shit underwater expansion, with a lackluster female "Big bad" much less thousands of people that even like the extra movement axis on these forums, this sounds like the ramblings of an "Azshara idiot" to be honest.

I do NOT see any advantage for Blizz to "hoax" their audience here at all. Blizz LOVES teazing and hyping when it comes to marketing... they've NEVER lets that down or done a hoax. EVER.
    You're right mvallas, there is no advantage for a "hoax" that's why it has to be the Burning Legion, Wrathion said so.