Poll: Hoax or not?

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When Blizzcon Comes...

and they reveal "The Dark Below"

Come back to this thread and ask yourself one question:

"...why did I believe such a transparent trick of that Corgi trademark had ANYTHING to do with denying a fully-paid Trademark by Blizz? And why would Blizz even deliberately try to play a trick on their audience in the first place?"

_______

After reading this thread, and the serious amount of gullible frustrated inexperienced desperate people here - all I know is that when they reveal "The Dark Below" at Blizzcon, I'm going to sit here - eat popcorn - and lovingly taunt and poke fun at each and everyone of you.

I did it with Cataclysm
    I did it with Mists of Pandaria
    I'm going to do it again with The Dark Below
    And I will keep doing it... until you learn. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xUltraVegetaaaazHD720xxxx View Post
    Reaper of souls can just be a teaser name for the next expac, not the actualy name of the expac
    Than why its a Trademark of Blizzard Entertainment its at the bottom http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy it was a hoax.

The Dark Below sounded more D3'ish vs wow and when D3 was "announced" Dark Below sounded...bleh tbh for a title. I'm looking forward to actual WoW name

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    When Blizzcon Comes...

"...why did I believe such a transparent trick of that Corgi trademark had ANYTHING to do with denying a fully-paid Trademark by Blizz? And why would Blizz even deliberately try to play a trick on their audience in the first place?"

_______

After reading this thread, and the serious amount of gullible frustrated inexperienced desperate people here - all I know is that when they reveal "The Dark Below" at Blizzcon, I'm going to sit here - eat popcorn - and lovingly taunt and poke fun at each and everyone of you.

I did it with Cataclysm
    I have to question, how can you confirm that The Dark Below was paid for?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzcon Comes...

_______

I did it with Cataclysm

So you are proven wrong and still can't admit it. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    Yeah I agree, what is funny is that he was able to post alpha pics for WOTLK but he got a slap on the wrist for Cata. There is really no difference.
    Yepp for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is legit, the Dark Below could make sense. Last Blizzcon they talked about N'Zoth, the Old God who corrupted Deathwing, who was involved in the Vashj'ir incident, and who was controlling the various tentacles and minions in zones throughout Azeroth. One that comes to mind is in Stonetalon, the Northwest corner, where the Alliance base is, or was.

N'Zoth is supposedly THE Old God, of Old Gods. He's rumored to be the one corrupting the Emerald Dream, aka the Nightmare. So, if you break down the new title, it could make sense that N'Zoth is the big bad of the coming xpac.

We have the title "The Dark Below". So if we just take "dark", we can guess The Nightmare, evil, lack of light. And Below, we get underground, underwater, below the surface of Azeroth. It was speculated that N'Zoth was so huge, that his prison was in the center of Azeroth.

What we do know of Old Gods and their prisons, is that they were always imprisoned in large temple-like structures. C'thun was in Ahn'Qiraj, and managed to corrupt his captors, and getting an army built in his name. Yogg Saron's prison was in Ulduar. And we remember how that went. The Titans trapped these Old Gods in these temples, limiting their power greatly, but didn't anticipate their power of telepathy, and corrupting lesser beings with their minds.

If you look at Vashj'ir, mainly the temple area, it was pretty big, and prior to becoming evil, Queen Azshara ruled from her palace there. Her current location is unknown, but one would guess that she's still in her underwater temple. When the city sank, Queen Azshara made a pact with the Old Gods (presumably N'Zoth), to spare the lives of herself and her people, and in exchange, she would worship and do the bidding of, the Old Gods. They were cursed with becoming Naga (revealed by Lady Vashj to Kael'thas in one of the WC games), and they mostly dwell underwater or on the various shorelines.

So this being said, we could be going back to dealing with Queen Azshara, the Naga threat, and the plane of water being in control by the Queen and her army of Naga and faceless ones. Blizzard originally scrapped the Abyssal Depths dungeon/raid, and went forward with Cataclysm. Maybe it was just set aside for later. Deathwing after all, was more of an imminent threat, and we had to deal with him right away, or all of Azeroth would have been destroyed. There wasn't much time after that either, because the war between the Alliance and the Horde started back up, and both factions were no longer able to work together to fight a common enemy (similar to in previous expansions when dealing with Illidan, KJ, Yogg Saron, or Arthas). With the war ending, or at last coming to an armistice, both sides are able to focus less on one another, and deal with the remaining evil(s) in Azeroth.

I'm just applying the title to what I know of what's going on in the past. It could be something completely different. Wrathion did talk about the Burning Legion returning. However, he doesn't have the ability to see the future, he's just guessing for all we know. He has no way of knowing what's to come. After all, since when did the Black Dragonflight have the gift of foresight?

Wrathion wanted the war between the Horde and the Alliance, and he wasn't to happy when Varian made the right decision in liberating the Horde from Garrosh. He realized that Garrosh's Horde were bad, but the Horde as a whole, weren't to blame for the atrocities that Garrosh committed. They aren't going to be pals and sit down for drinks at the World's End Tavern, but they can focus on other things now.

But, Wrathion was quite pissed at that. Why he sided with the Alliance and wanting them to completely conquer the Horde, I don't know. But, pushing both factions to fight one another, and eventually take down Garrosh, and then being upset because the war stopped there, doesn't seem to be a part of "all of this is to fight the Burning Legion". If the Burning Legion were truly coming, then Wrathion would have actually wanted the war to stop, by preventing the fighting, or at least getting both sides to see that Garrosh was corrupt, and to take him down in order for the Horde to have a leader who would be just and infallible, like Thrall, and join forces with the Alliance to stop the coming Burning Legion threat. I remember when I was questing for the first time on an Alliance character in Hellfire Peninsula, one of the quests said that the Alliance considered the Horde as allies in this war. Though they still had their old habits, they worked together to stop the problems at hand.
    Last edited by Alterraia; 2013-08-14 at 07:00 PM.

When Blizzcon Comes...

_______

I did it with Cataclysm
    But why would Boub dismiss TBD as a hoax? You'd think MMOC would loose quite a bit of credibility after this.

When Blizzcon Comes...

_______

I did it with Cataclysm
    Oh no you are gonna make fun of us if we are wrong. Well the question is what if you are wrong like you have been about reading the front page saying it didn't say anything about the dark below being a hoax..........when it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    You'll note he didn't address the half dozen posts that pointed out his failure to read the front page
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Bibi would of never posted if he wasn't sure, he was obviously slapped on the wrist again by Blizzard like what happen with Cata Alpha. They sent in another Red Herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    You're right mvallas, there is no advantage for a "hoax" that's why it has to be the Burning Legion, Wrathion said so.
    And that's the VERY reason why I wrote MARKETING. In-game storyline stuff is NOT a precursor to next expansion.

They revealed Deathwing was alive in BC, at Netherwing post. Did he return in Wrath?
    They revealed Azshara/N'zoth were around, and dropped major hints of their undersea domain in the Dark Below in Cataclysm, were they the next bosses?

Again... MARKETING. You don't Trademark something so close to Blizzcon to dash people against the rocks.

Again... MARKETING. You don't Trademark something so close to Blizzcon to dash people against the rocks.
    Why do you think Blizzard was the one to submit the application?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    Oh no you are gonna make fun of us if we are wrong. Well the question is what if you are wrong like you have been about reading the front page saying it didn't say anything about the dark below being a hoax..........when it did.
    Show me where I'm wrong please. The only thing wrong was the Corgi thing. ^_^

EDIT: Just saw it now... " Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax." - nope... He said the SAME THING when Blizz did the masks when they did Cataclysm. I don't believe him for ONE SECOND.

And I'd be MORE than happy to smile and say "I was wrong" on that day if proven to be. Please remind me on that day if I'm wrong... but I know I won't be. ^_^

And my evidence? Just watch for yourself... there won't be ANY OTHER trademarks from now until Blizzcon filed. So... how do they reveal something without a trademark first?
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-08-14 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I have to question, how can you confirm that The Dark Below was paid for?
    He cant just wants to try and act like he knows better then people who dare disagree or doubt when there is more then reasonable doubt on this now.

Tedious.

I wonder if Boub would share the reason for his certainty.

Idk the whole thing where it says they are gonna go ahead and call it a hoax. But i guess your avatar isn't the only one wearing sunglasses or you could see it ^_^

You mean here:

It took him 24 hours to verify it, and ultimately confirmed the Corgi one was a fake... THAT'S THE ONLY FAKE!!
    That's where you were wrong. Right there.

Going with fake, and I have a feeling all those people that were sooo sure about it yesterday are voting opposite, in denial and don't want to accept they acted like so arrogantly. (not to say everyone voting for that is arrogant, just there were a handful of people that were just terrible)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I'm so tempted to create a thread called: [Hoax] The Five Stages - The Dark Below but I don't wanna receive my first infraction.

OT: Hoax for sure.
    It'd be so fitting wouldn't it? :P

As multiple other posters have pointed out, it's where Boubouille says:
    "We probably jumped on the bandwagon a little early and I spent the past 24H double checking stuff since it was basically everywhere, I guess today is just not the day. Sorry guys, going to call the whole The Dark Below thing a hoax. "