Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Too early, not today, going to tell you it's a hoax. Also spent the last 24H checking. Doesn't actually say anything about him actually determining it to be false lol. Am I reaching? :P
    Because it takes 24 hours to email your insider guy and confirm that thing he just leaked to you is a hoax right?



    Right?

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    If blizzard really is trademarking that expansion now, do not expect even announcement for that expansion before years and years from now. Just like they planned many expansion ahead when wow was first released.
    You should look up some facts before you say stuff ok?

    Here's some references for you.

    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...810:7t781p.2.8

    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...10:7t781p.2.13

    http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...10:7t781p.2.36

    http://www.wowwiki.com/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)

    There ya go.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  3. #463
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/368084256825692160
    Hahaha I think @AlternativeChat has it - "Dark Below" refers to the deep undersea pit where Azshara keeps her brood of terrifying corgis.
    Dark below and Corgis unleashed combined!

    also another one, he's got humor
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/368082006036344832
    "The Dark Below" refers to Sylvanas's chambers below Undercity, where Sylvanas is torturing Koltira Deathweaver. (Not really I'm trolling).

  4. #464
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post


    He might be trolling or just messing with people but, yeah.

    Obviously he said he's trolling in the first one, though. :P
    Dude, its the Worgen and Goblin mask thing all over again.

    The Dark Below is the next WoW expansion folks. Blizzard is purposely trolling to build hype around BlizzCon. If TDB wasn't the next expansion, they would do what GC did about the image and say that its fake, and its not the next expansion. The fact that they haven't, pretty much seals the deal.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Because it takes 24 hours to email your insider guy and confirm that thing he just leaked to you is a hoax right?
    I'm detecting sarcasm. But, regardless, this s NOT what Boub said. Did not say confirmed to be fake.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  6. #466
    Exactly. /10chars

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Dude, its the Worgen and Goblin mask thing all over again.

    The Dark Below is the next WoW expansion folks. Blizzard is purposely trolling to build hype around BlizzCon. If TDB wasn't the next expansion, they would do what GC did about the image and say that its fake, and its not the next expansion. The fact that they haven't, pretty much seals the deal.
    They get free marketing either way, but there's very little reason for them to not outright say something is fake when it's fake. Especially something that has hyped their playerbase into a frenzy and is front page news on every fan site for their game. This isn't an isolated incident.

    As someone else mentioned a lot of misdirects on the front page of this site atm. Interesting timing.

  7. #467
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Usually the way to do it is to keep the trademark in a country that doesn't have online records, like Swaziland (where Hearthstone was).
    Ah thank you, that's what I was thinking of. And I wouldn't be surprised if they continue that trend. They seem to not like TMing in US until announcements.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    This really blows my mind. Kosak casually bullshits around with the whole "The Dark Below" thing and some people are actually unsure if he's just joking or actually hinting at something. Is it really that hard for people to decipher meaning and context of words nowadays? Perhaps that's what happens when the bigger part of interpersonal communication shifts to electronic devices and social media, I don't know.

    Reminds me of a time in university last year when a lecturer sent the whole class a bullshit mail where he listed totally ridiculous, over-the-top exam topics and absurd volumes of literature for an upcoming suprise exam. You'd have to be a complete idiot to take it seriously. He probably thought he was on the safe side with his trolling, considering how over the top and obvious it was.

    Didn't stop roughly 50% of the class from going completely nuts and panicking for DAYS on their stupid Facebook group and every corner of the campus. Future academics, intellectuals, the proposed elite, mind you. They only managed to get a grip and settle down after the lecturer and a second guy sent follow-up clarification mails.

    Moments like that really make you wonder ...
    The problem is, text is deceptive. It carries no emotions, facial expressions, and the like. Sure, it could read as him bullshitting. Or it could read as him beating around the bush, trying not to say yes or no.
    Ren of <Ruined>, US Proudmoore

  8. #468
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Dude, its the Worgen and Goblin mask thing all over again.

    The Dark Below is the next WoW expansion folks. Blizzard is purposely trolling to build hype around BlizzCon. If TDB wasn't the next expansion, they would do what GC did about the image and say that its fake, and its not the next expansion. The fact that they haven't, pretty much seals the deal.
    Yeah, is most likely true...

    In the end i want it to be a Naga expansion XD

  9. #469
    The best part about it is they can bullshit us all they want. We're not investors, at best we're kids looking to open our Christmas presents early.

  10. #470
    Epic! Perkunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, is most likely true...

    In the end i want it to be a Naga expansion XD
    How long was that picture out before they denied it? I mean we saw it last year...
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

  11. #471
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    we're kids looking to open our Christmas presents early.
    Truer words have not been spoken for a while. I don't care how old you are, we are kids before Christmas in threads like this shaking a box and getting excited over a crumpled receipt in the trash outside.

  12. #472
    I am Murloc! Wildberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On Board the Hate Train.
    Posts
    5,349
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They feel WoW needs to be Warcraft 3.5. That all WoW lore must be about Illidan, Kil'jaedan, and Arthas. Mvallas' sig is true to some people, "Tell them that the Lich King is dead... and the World of Warcraft died with him." I used to have a quote in my sig of someone saying "To me Cata and MoP feel like icing on the cake, rather than new layers of the story."
    Implying the Old Gods aren't more Generic than the Burning Legion.

  13. #473
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    The problem is, text is deceptive. It carries no emotions, facial expressions, and the like. Sure, it could read as him bullshitting. Or it could read as him beating around the bush, trying not to say yes or no.
    The easiest place to say no is the internet. You don't have to beat around the bush and be evasive with text. You can tell straight up lies because nobody is standing in front of you, looking you in the eye. And you can just not reply at all. You can't pin down a person by text. If he's beating around the bush, he's doing it completely on purpose.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    Why I think it's a hoax because, the title of the expansion isn't compelling. Do you really want an expansion to be called, "The Dark Below?" Doesn't seem catchy to me.
    Mists of Pandaria..... Lol...

  15. #475
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Because it takes 24 hours to email your insider guy and confirm that thing he just leaked to you is a hoax right?



    Right?
    You'd think he's just flat out say "I have been told that the trademark is a fake." Not employ in logical fallacies of "If it could be fake, it is fake."

    It's equally probable that it takes 24 hours for his insider source to email him saying "You released it too soon, do something to cover it up with the Corgi model."
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  16. #476
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    How long was that picture out before they denied it? I mean we saw it last year...
    I think the trademark "hoax" is a bigger deal than that random picture was.

    Like someone said, it whipped the userbase into a frenzy.

  17. #477
    So here is a question if you've always been able to do this what made mists of pandaria trademark believable?
    Last edited by wow; 2013-08-15 at 08:05 PM.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    How long was that picture out before they denied it? I mean we saw it last year...
    This is far more important and has made far bigger waves than that picture. They also never denied the contents of the picture, merely that the screenshot itself was fake.

  19. #479
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,068
    Well, the situation has two possible outcomes now. Either:

    a) some troll is out there somewhere, sitting at his computer, laughing at the the best joke of his life
    b) Blizzard is out there somewhere, maniacally laughing at the epic promotion they have just made for their new expansion

    Either way, somebody out there is very happy. Whatever is right, I'm happy for him / them

  20. #480
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    You'd think he's just flat out say "I have been told that the trademark is a fake." Not employ in logical fallacies of "If it could be fake, it is fake."

    It's equally probable that it takes 24 hours for his insider source to email him saying "You released it too soon, do something to cover it up with the Corgi model."
    Yup, he would. Bibi is a smart man, he absolutely would have checked his sources before posting something as big as an expansion name leak to the front page of his website, which also happens to be his livelihood. Plus it's not particularly hard to check your sources when, you know, they're Blizzard employees.

    Bibi is talking in political speak. There is only one reason people talk in political speak.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Well, the situation has two possible outcomes now. Either:

    a) some troll is out there somewhere, sitting at his computer, laughing at the the best joke of his life
    b) Blizzard is out there somewhere, maniacally laughing at the epic promotion they have just made for their new expansion

    Either way, somebody out there is very happy. Whatever is right, I'm happy for him / them
    But why would a troll post such an obvious fake immediately after posting a near perfect expansion name trademark form? He could have milked this hype train till Blizzcon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •