Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    So here is a question if you've always been able to do this what made mists of pandaria trade mark believable?
    While I'm not sure who you're addressing for this - I'll take it.

What made Mists of Pandaria Trademark believable for me? Here's some reasons:

1) History

Historically speaking this Trademark has always happened this way. Roughly 2 months before Blizzcon comes a Trademark. ONE trademark... and only one that goes up to Blizzcon. This has happened with Wrath. This has happened with Cata. This has happened with Pandaria. Why should now be any different?

If they're going to reveal it at Blizzcon, they had BETTER have a locked-in trademark by then. :P

2) Why psych-out the audience?

Why would Blizzard deliberately set up an expectation MONTHS in advance, just to disappoint fans for them to say "GOTCHA!!"?

You look at things like "Pandaria must be a joke!" but, to others, they're saying "Awesome! I was always hoping we could see the home of the Pandaren officially be brought into the game!". Not everybody will think like you and say "Ooooh! Demons! I was hoping for Pandaren - but that's obviously much better!". Because people's tastes are different than yours.

Why deliberately dash those hopes against the rocks?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Yup, he would. Bibi is a smart man, he absolutely would have checked his sources before posting something as big as an expansion name leak to the front page of his website, which also happens to be his livelihood. Plus it's not particularly hard to check your sources when, you know, they're Blizzard employees.

Bibi is talking in political speak. There is only one reason people talk in political speak.

- - - Updated - - -

But why would a troll post such an obvious fake immediately after posting a near perfect expansion name trademark form? He could have milked this hype train till Blizzcon.
    The bigger question is why would a prankster waste time (and possible legal problems) to do a trademark hoax that half of the WoW userbase didn't believe in the first place? Again, look at the Skysunder hoax. That's an example of the type of hoax you pull on people because ts simple, recognizable, and attractive. It requires no thinking for you to believe that its the next WoW expansion patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Truer words have not been spoken for a while. I don't care how old you are, we are kids before Christmas in threads like this shaking a box and getting excited over a crumpled receipt in the trash outside.
    HAHAHAHA, Is true, but... I'M GOING TO BE THE FIRST TO OPEN THE GIFTS! XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Implying the Old Gods aren't more Generic than the Burning Legion.
    Well Demons are more generic than Old Gods, the point is that we don't know much about the Old Gods, and we know a lot about Demons

But why would a troll post such an obvious fake immediately after posting a near perfect expansion name trademark form? He could have milked this hype train till Blizzcon.
    Should I be that eventual troll and consider the buzz the Corgis caused, I definitely wouldn't regret filing the trademark for them :P

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post

Well Demons are more generic than Old Gods, the point is that we don't know much about the Old Gods, and we know a lot about Demons
    We've dealt with more Old Gods than leaders of the legion. We've pushed C'thun back twice, beat up Yog, now Y'shaarj. Compared to a half torso KJ...

*Forgot Mannoroth*
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2013-08-15 at 08:21 PM.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The bigger question is why would a prankster waste time (and possible legal problems) to do a trademark hoax that half of the WoW userbase didn't believe in the first place? Again, look at the Skysunder hoax. That's an example of the type of hoax you pull on people because ts simple, recognizable, and attractive.
    According to what I've read in this forum it's common sense that impersonating powerful lawyers for multi-billion dollar companies comes with no legal ramifications whatsoever and is entirely free. That's why political groups do it to harass each other all the time. Certainly the prankster here wouldn't have been the first to pull a stunt such as this.

/smokes pipe

Company like Blizzard do not let expansions leak before announcing. There were no clear indication that tbc was coming, etc. When they announce that expansion is something else than Dark below, i can say i told you so.

Every expansion name, save TBC (I honestly don't remember and don't feel like looking it up), was leaked beforehand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because Corgis Unleashed was made up for fun:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-not-really%29
    Notice that the very first post of this thread doesn't confirm or deny anything. It simply states that Corgis Unleashed was made up for fun. I don't doubt that's entirely true.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever ultimately cracks this case, regardless of the outcome, I want you to do one thing for me. Please entitle your thread:

And so hope turns to despair...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    We've dealt with more Old Gods than leaders of the legion. We've pushed C'thun back twice, beat up Yog, now Y'shaarj. Compared to a half torso KJ...

*Forgot Mannoroth*
    And the guy in Kharazan (why was he there?)

And Archimonde.

And Illidan (he does count for at least half :P)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Company like Blizzard do not let expansions leak before announcing. There were no clear indication that tbc was coming, etc. When they announce that expansion is something else than Dark below, i can say i told you so.
    Because Wotlk, Cata and Mists weren't all leaked many months before amirite

Cle, almost everything you've posted in this thread has not held up to history. Not trying to hassle you, just educate on why there is so much speculation and why this thread is so large. I'm not saying I know exactly what will happen at Blizzcon this year and The Dark Below may very well not me the xpac, but leaks HAVE happened. BC is the ONLY xpac we didn't previously know about (we knew 3 out of 4 beforehand so far, good track record). Just because it makes sense that a large company might not want leaks does not mean they haven't happened. Since they have in the past, it stands to reason it is possible in the present and future. Yes, they may have corrected certain information security issues, but we don't know that for a fact just as we don't for a fact that the leaks are fake.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And the guy in Kharazan (why was he there?)

And Archimonde.

And Illidan (he does count for at least half :P)
    I'll give you Archimonde. Prince in Karazhan to this day makes no sense, but I suppose he has to count.
    Don't blame the casuals for making Warcraft worse. It's the unskilled masses who refuse to improve themselves and Blizzard who has decided to bribe these folks with an endless shower of purples that should draw the ire of both casual and hardcore alike. It was never about "seeing the content" for these people it's always been about the gear and their sense of entitlement.

The content never leaked... but the names ALWAYS have leaked at least 2 months in advance via trademarks. Wrath, Cata, Pandaria, now this...

Even BC was trademarked early - but nobody really took too much as we didn't know what to expect from a WoW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by talvinen View Post
    Because Wotlk, Cata and Mists weren't all leaked many months before amirite
    Actually, WOTLK was leaked the day prior to it's announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Actually, WOTLK was leaked the day prior to it's announcement.
    Nope - some of the content was... the name, however, was leaked way before that. I remember having weeks of debate over if it was real or not.

It boggles my mind that no one has done a simple search for "trademark fraud" yet. There isn't one lawyer on this bored with the faintest desire to say, "you guys are all idiots"?

It boggles my mind that no one has done a simple search for "trademark fraud" yet. There isn't one lawyer on this bored with the faintest desire to say, "you guys are all idiots"?
    As long as you don't actually file the application you aren't in breach of the law one would think...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Historically speaking this Trademark has always happened this way. Roughly 2 months before Blizzcon comes a Trademark. ONE trademark... and only one that goes up to Blizzcon. This has happened with Wrath. This has happened with Cata. This has happened with Pandaria. Why should now be any different?

If they're going to reveal it at Blizzcon, they had BETTER have a locked-in trademark by then. :P
    We know from Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls that Blizzard has figured out how to hide the fact that their trademarks have been filed until they're ready to reveal them. Why wouldn't they do this with the WoW expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah but as @dokhidamo said, Blizzard normally just deny when something is fake without thinking it twice
    You misread him completely. He said Blizzard deny when things are accurately leaked. All this twitter stuff is what they actually do when something is fake :3

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    We know from Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls that Blizzard has figured out how to hide the fact that their trademarks have been filed until they're ready to reveal them. Why wouldn't they do this with the WoW expansion?
    it builds hype. Trademark gets "leaked" out, People speculate/hype it for weeks/months until the reveal.