Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    We've dealt with more Old Gods than leaders of the legion. We've pushed C'thun back twice, beat up Yog, now Y'shaarj. Compared to a half torso KJ...

*Forgot Mannoroth*
    And the guy in Kharazan (why was he there?)

And Archimonde.

And Illidan (he does count for at least half :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Company like Blizzard do not let expansions leak before announcing. There were no clear indication that tbc was coming, etc. When they announce that expansion is something else than Dark below, i can say i told you so.
    Because Wotlk, Cata and Mists weren't all leaked many months before amirite

10+ Year Old Account
    Company like Blizzard do not let expansions leak before announcing. There were no clear indication that tbc was coming, etc. When they announce that expansion is something else than Dark below, i can say i told you so.
    Cle, almost everything you've posted in this thread has not held up to history. Not trying to hassle you, just educate on why there is so much speculation and why this thread is so large. I'm not saying I know exactly what will happen at Blizzcon this year and The Dark Below may very well not me the xpac, but leaks HAVE happened. BC is the ONLY xpac we didn't previously know about (we knew 3 out of 4 beforehand so far, good track record). Just because it makes sense that a large company might not want leaks does not mean they haven't happened. Since they have in the past, it stands to reason it is possible in the present and future. Yes, they may have corrected certain information security issues, but we don't know that for a fact just as we don't for a fact that the leaks are fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    And the guy in Kharazan (why was he there?)

And Archimonde.

And Illidan (he does count for at least half :P)
    I'll give you Archimonde. Prince in Karazhan to this day makes no sense, but I suppose he has to count.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The content never leaked... but the names ALWAYS have leaked at least 2 months in advance via trademarks. Wrath, Cata, Pandaria, now this...

Even BC was trademarked early - but nobody really took too much as we didn't know what to expect from a WoW expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by talvinen View Post
    Because Wotlk, Cata and Mists weren't all leaked many months before amirite
    Actually, WOTLK was leaked the day prior to it's announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Actually, WOTLK was leaked the day prior to it's announcement.
    Nope - some of the content was... the name, however, was leaked way before that. I remember having weeks of debate over if it was real or not.

It boggles my mind that no one has done a simple search for "trademark fraud" yet. There isn't one lawyer on this bored with the faintest desire to say, "you guys are all idiots"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    It boggles my mind that no one has done a simple search for "trademark fraud" yet. There isn't one lawyer on this bored with the faintest desire to say, "you guys are all idiots"?
    As long as you don't actually file the application you aren't in breach of the law one would think...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Historically speaking this Trademark has always happened this way. Roughly 2 months before Blizzcon comes a Trademark. ONE trademark... and only one that goes up to Blizzcon. This has happened with Wrath. This has happened with Cata. This has happened with Pandaria. Why should now be any different?

If they're going to reveal it at Blizzcon, they had BETTER have a locked-in trademark by then. :P
    We know from Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls that Blizzard has figured out how to hide the fact that their trademarks have been filed until they're ready to reveal them. Why wouldn't they do this with the WoW expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah but as @dokhidamo said, Blizzard normally just deny when something is fake without thinking it twice
    You misread him completely. He said Blizzard deny when things are accurately leaked. All this twitter stuff is what they actually do when something is fake :3

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    We know from Hearthstone and Reaper of Souls that Blizzard has figured out how to hide the fact that their trademarks have been filed until they're ready to reveal them. Why wouldn't they do this with the WoW expansion?
    it builds hype. Trademark gets "leaked" out, People speculate/hype it for weeks/months until the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    As long as you don't actually file the application you aren't in breach of the law one would think...
    Interesting read for clarification:

ALL DATA PUBLIC: All information you submit to the USPTO at any point in the application and/or registration process will become public record, including your name, phone number, e-mail address, and street address. By filing this application, you acknowledge that YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CONFIDENTIALITY in the information disclosed. The public will be able to view this information in the USPTO's on-line databases and through Internet search engines and other on-line databases. This information will remain public even if the application is later abandoned or any resulting registration is surrendered, cancelled, or expired. To maintain confidentiality of banking or credit card information, only enter payment information in the secure portion of the site after validating your form. For any information that may be subject to copyright protection, by submitting it to the USPTO, the filer is representing that he or she has the authority to grant, and is granting, the USPTO permission to make the information available in its on-line database and in copies of the application or registration record.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    You misread him completely. He said Blizzard deny when things are accurately leaked. All this twitter stuff is what they actually do when something is fake :3
    Ohh my bad XD

Ummmm...exactly when was that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well Demons are more generic than Old Gods, the point is that we don't know much about the Old Gods, and we know a lot about Demons
    I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of Old Gods, and have been since about halfway through Cataclysm, Demons on the other hand, well, let's just say the Warlock Green Fire Chain raises some questions.

Deleted
    Ummmm...exactly when was that?
    Page 22, half way down

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    that's concerning. Usually Blizz does try to deny expansions if they're leaked early.

Page 22, half way down
    No no no... I meant "When, exactly, has Blizzard outright denied anything that leaked - but was actually true in reality"?

The most they do is throw out red herrings to try to make it seem like something it's not, like the extra Halloween masks - and now, this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reesi View Post
    Why I think it's a hoax because, the title of the expansion isn't compelling. Do you really want an expansion to be called, "The Dark Below?" Doesn't seem catchy to me.
    Mists of Pandaria doesn't sound that interesting either. I remember when that title was leaked people were denying it as well. And rightly so, I wish this expansion never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would tend to agree with mvallas. They said that MoP could be anything and that we are blowing it out of proportion, but they did not specifically say it was not the xpac and that it was fake. Blizzard has performed misdirection and even deception when it comes to information they wish to keep secret, but they rarely if ever blatantly deny or lie about it.