Thread: Warlock Help

Warlock Help

I've havent played warlock competitvely since ICC, But I raid with a group and they asked me to play my Alt Lock for them, so I have been for sometime. My dps has been lower compared to theirs, but they also have cloaks and helm metas and fun stuff like that. I just was looking for some basics on Opener rotation and should I chaos bolt on 1 or 2 embers.

Heres my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...peace/advanced

Based on your question I would just advise you to go read the guides as you obviously have a very lacking knowledge of how locks work. It makes zero difference how many embers you have when you cast a chaos bolt or shadowburn. Once you get the basics down then come back and start asking some more specific questions. Also, go download affdots and make sure you have a good way to track trinket procs as locks as a resource based class and the general idea is to use those resources whenever you have the most buffs active.

Edit - Assuming you want to go destruction Brusalk has a video in his signature you will find useful as well. Just go up to the destruction guide written by Brusalk (who did a very good job and will have answered all of these questions there) then go down to his signature and watch the video. I promise that will be well worth your time.
    Last edited by Hatelocker; 2013-08-14 at 06:42 PM.

I echo Hatelocker's thoughts, but for a general rule of thumb, you cast chaos bolt at two times...1) Lined up with int procs 2) When you are in danger of capping 4 embers...

You also never cast Chaos Bolt when you have >2 stacks of backdraft...

There are a lot of resources out there, especially in this forum, check out the stickies at the top, it's worth a read over (or 50)