Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    did that customer also struggle with a 260 character long file path? because unless Parted Magic actually does magic and doesn't use the CLI or the powershell, he won't be able to fix this.
    Actually they did, it was identical to this situation. I didn't run into this issue before then so I tried it on a whim and it worked by doing this method. I also tried methods previously mentioned in the thread and was about to just save there data and then reload the machine but I figured I'd try this and it worked for me. Also this is a fixable problem through certain means and it's worth a shot.

Unlocker has nothing to do with this situation. The file isn't locked by the OS or another program. Its inaccessible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Unlocker has nothing to do with this situation. The file isn't locked by the OS or another program. Its inaccessible.
    I admit I only skimmed the entire thread and read the first few posts, just thought it was worth mentioning. The rest is worth looking at or I guess it can't hurt, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Given that my smallest logical drive is 2TB (This media drive)

Well to be honest, I've also been meaning to have a play with ESXi, and since its free for single CPU use, no real reason not to.
    To what end? ESXi is just a hypervisor, you build VM's on top of it as guests using vSphere. From there you can only access them either through vSphere Console or Terminal Services/Putty. I mean if it's just going to be a server, that's no problem, but if you're thinking of any kind of practical use
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-08-16 at 05:51 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.