Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Planning to do challange mode golds with friends, what class should we bring as a 5th

I know we are a bit late for the party.. Basically the setup is the following so far:

frost mage, windwalker monk , prot warrior , discipline priest

What class should we add to have an easier time with the challange modes? Thank you in advance.

Id say and elemental shamy IMO. They have very good burst
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Id say ditch the warrior tank and find some other, like paladin tank.
    and for last player I would say Warlock. When I did it I had one in my grp, he was just insane

Deleted
    Destro locks and ele shamans are both very strong.

Deleted
    Ele shaman! You will love ancestral guidance.

frost mage is rather bad with freezes

for tank you better off with dk tank or dk dps
    for dps ele shaman or destru warlock very strong if you wanna beat some of the timers
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Id say ditch the warrior tank and find some other, like paladin tank.
    and for last player I would say Warlock. When I did it I had one in my grp, he was just insane
    I think you missed the part where he said it was with friends, so I don't think he'll ditch his friend.

Are you going for realm firsts?

Have the monk spec BrM, have the warrior reroll to warlock/ele shaman and get the one you didn't got before.

Are you playing just to kill some time and maybe get some easy golds?

/2 LF1DPS challenge mode and invite whoever answers first.

Honestly if you're just shooting for golds and not worrying about realm best times your comp doesn't matter much. Some guildies and I have done 7 the last week with a pretty shitty comp and never spent more then an hour an any single one. Before anyone says something stupid we've already done the "hard" ones. Our setup is warrior tank, frost dk, shadow priest, warlock and mistweaver monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shaman. Elemental Shaman >>>>>> Anything for Challenge Modes. Ridiculously powerful.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Shaman has incredibly good burst and AoE, and also has Capacitor totem along with ancestral guidance - they are undoubtedly THE best DPS class for challenge modes.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask what makes an Elemental Shaman so great? I can guess a few reasons but it seems it's nearly a mandatory class for anyone taking cmodes serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Medanielle seemed to have posted such info at the same time as me asking. Thanks.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    May I ask what makes an Elemental Shaman so great? I can guess a few reasons but it seems it's nearly a mandatory class for anyone taking cmodes serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, Medanielle seemed to have posted such info at the same time as me asking. Thanks.
    They also have earth elemental totem for the larger pulls which can be huge. Elemental's AoE is godlike when there's around 5 targets and many times when you go for gold that's the ideal amount of enemies you pull at a time.

When going for world fastest times you tend to pull alot more which devalues elementals abit, but then they focus more on the single target burst and controll, which they're really great at because of EQ, Earth ele, cap totem and such. They also bring spell haste, mastery and spell power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any Shaman.

Repping Enhance Shaman! Although we aren't RDPS, it was still ridiculously easy with Ancestral Guidance and Capacitor!
    Currently Procrastinating

Hunters are pretty good too at least I thought I did good

Deleted
    I play elemental shaman myself, and have completed 400+ gold medals. Imo it's a nobrainer, we have amazing AoE on 4-7 targets, a very strong healing cooldown and amazing boss burst.

Why does everyboy hate wartank in CM?

I've done my 9 first golds with or as a war tank (6/9 as a wardps with a wartank, 3/9 as a wartank myself) and now I'm doing them again with a palprot. Yeah, palprot are great and I can see that it's better than with my war, but not enough to explain so much hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep your warrior tank. They arent the best, but its manageable if the group plays well together. You certainly want an elemental shaman in your group though for AG and Chain Lightning.

Source: 9/9 Prot Warrior, 9/9 Ele Sham and 3/9 Brewmaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Why does everyboy hate wartank in CM?

I've done my 9 first golds with or as a war tank (6/9 as a wardps with a wartank, 3/9 as a wartank myself) and now I'm doing them again with a palprot. Yeah, palprot are great and I can see that it's better than with my war, but not enough to explain so much hate.
    they suck on pulling (hard to make easy aoe pulling without ninja over by dps), suck on making dps, their survi is the worst from all tanks on 463 ilvl and also weak self-heal

but with disco healer it isn't great problem because he is the best CM healer

ele shammy/ demo lock/ spriest
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2013-08-24 at 09:43 PM.