Thread: COD Ghosts

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I found the posibility to play as a female character the most impressive in all of the trailer. So yeah, I'm not impressed at all and I even have really low expectations when it comes to CoD already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I found the posibility to play as a female character the most impressive in all of the trailer. So yeah, I'm not impressed at all and I even have really low expectations when it comes to CoD already.
    I am not a big rap fan but I was more impressed from the new Eminem song then what the Trailer/Reveal showed.

The only thing gameplay wise I though was decent was the Squad/Crank stuff.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I like that ya - given there are women in special ops IRL - it has seemed really bizarre over the past like decade of FPS that there are no women. Quake 3 had tons of women in the cast - but ever since counter-strike it's been a boys club. Then we wonder why female FPS players are so rare - probably because we are asking them to gender bend, if they want to play?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    They say copying is the greatest flattery.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I like that ya - given there are women in special ops IRL - it has seemed really bizarre over the past like decade of FPS that there are no women. Quake 3 had tons of women in the cast - but ever since counter-strike it's been a boys club. Then we wonder why female FPS players are so rare - probably because we are asking them to gender bend, if they want to play?
    Maybe if the developers had been made aware of this enormous problem, they would have done something to it....
    exaggerating in it's finest.

But since you like realism, try take an estimate of the ratio of women to men in spec ops teams around the world. Now see if this ratio fits the number of women to men represented in the game over 6 months of playing time.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

If you are a Battlefield fan fine, go talk in the battlefield thread, if you are a call of duty fan and like the game, stay here and talk about the game, stop fucking comparing the 2 all the time it's useless and as it is with internet these day no one will "back down" anyway because we are all tough as fuck when we're behind a screen, right??.

Anyway, i like this game and hope there is some good shotguns to play with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Maybe if the developers had been made aware of this enormous problem, they would have done something to it....
    exaggerating in it's finest.

But since you like realism, try take an estimate of the ratio of women to men in spec ops teams around the world. Now see if this ratio fits the number of women to men represented in the game over 6 months of playing time.
    In one you are representing the preferences of players (many men who play women in games), while in the other you are representing a proportion of the baseline population (50/50 sex chance), and then further referencing an organization which is slow to adopt and react to social changes (the military). For the military, women serving in combat roles is relatively new, let alone special forces combat roles - but it's growing - and I don't think anyone thinks it will plateau anytime soon: at least not before 50/50 (which may take a hundred years IRL).

In real life, people don't choose their sex like they do in games - and also - the option for women in special ops IRL is new. In games, sex is a choice for everybody, and there is no delay to rerolling a female player model like there is to accepting females on your SF team.

That's a side argument though. Imagine if I made Black Ops 3 and said "In Black Ops 3, you can ONLY play as women."

1) Would women be bothered by that? Potentially from a 'lore' standpoint, but generally not really.
    2) Would men who would choose to play women if it were an option be bothered by that? They would dislike losing the choice of being male, but they would otherwise be fine with it (and the 'lore' of IRL).
    3) Would men who view their avatar as a reflection of themselves have a problem with it? They are unable to make an avatar which is a reflection of themselves (in COD, this is developed through emblems and playstyles/loadouts - but only if you comfortable first being male.)
    4) Would men who dislike being women, or dislike women being in FPS at all, have a problem with it? Of course.

You can take all of those stances, and reverse them for women - and all the same is true. Not having the option of being female is a detriment to men who would like to play a female avatar. It is a full barrier to entry to any woman who wants to associate with her avatar - since it will never be 'her'.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-08-16 at 08:38 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    If you are a Battlefield fan fine, go talk in the battlefield thread, if you are a call of duty fan and like the game, stay here and talk about the game, stop fucking comparing the 2 all the time it's useless and as it is with internet these day no one will "back down" anyway because we are all tough as fuck when we're behind a screen, right?

Anyway, i like this game and hope there is some good shotguns to play with.
    The revolver shotgun look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ...The Fish from Mario 64 and now the Knife Animation from Bad Company 2.

If the dog came from Old Yeller someone is getting a boot to the face.
    Lol i guess if your blind they are the same animations but if your open your eyes the animations are completely different, Its a frontward stab which is about all thats the same, The angle of the intial swing along with the retracting of the knife are completely different. Have any of you delt with weapon animations before, Its extremly fucking hard to yank an animation from one game to another and have it work, so much so its more time effcient to make new ones. I remember spendings hours converting CS CZ animations over to CSS. Lets try and find somthing else to complain about rather than attempting to invent problems where there are none.

its made by IW it has to be better than BLOPS 2 ill def get it i like what i see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They just released the multiplayer trailer today and it looks pretty dope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2uN1gwxM8o

Def liking the knee slides and leaning around corners as well as destructable enviroments, the destructible enviroments look to be done even better than on the frostbite engine.
    I chuckled when you mentioned that the "destructible environments" in CoD: Ghosts seem better than the destructible environments found in the Frostbyte engine...

Other than that I agree Ghosts looks really good, I always liked the competitive matchmaking from Infinity Ward more than the other developer Treyarch, I'll definitely be picking this up with Battlefield 4 and my Playstation 4 on launch night.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    I chuckled when you mentioned that the "destructible environments" in CoD: Ghosts seem better than the destructible environments found in the Frostbyte engine...

Other than that I agree Ghosts looks really good, I always liked the competitive matchmaking from Infinity Ward more than the other developer Treyarch, I'll definitely be picking this up with Battlefield 4 and my Playstation 4 on launch night.
    Better than the destruction in BF3

10+ Year Old Account
    Better than the destruction in BF3
    Compare the destruction in the CoD: Ghosts videos to the destruction in the Battlefield 4 videos... if your going to make comparisons at least do it in a fair fashion. Of course it'll be better in Ghosts than in Battlefield 3... Ghosts is 2 years newer and being developed on hardware much, much better than the hardware Battlefield 3 was developed for at the time.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    its made by IW it has to be better than BLOPS 2 ill def get it i like what i see
    IW made MW3.

Compare the destruction in the CoD: Ghosts videos to the destruction in the Battlefield 4 videos... if your going to make comparisons at least do it in a fair fashion. Of course it'll be better in Ghosts than in Battlefield 3... Ghosts is 2 years newer and being developed on hardware much, much better than the hardware Battlefield 3 was developed for at the time.
    Yet bad company 1 had better destruction than bf3?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is pointless to compare call of duty and battlefield series. I've tried both multiplayer, they are quite different. It's almost different genre altogether.

CoD is a arcade action, fast pace game. Small clean map, lower recoil weapon , power ups, combo and finishing ability (the perks), all fits the overall gameplay the dev want it. I would say CoD is a shooting game.

Battlefield is more a war game. To the shooting element, you add giant map, multiple ground and air vehicule, different classes with specific abilities, being able to heal and revive allies. BF has a strategy elements CoD doesn't.

i don't play battelfield the way i play CoD. CoD is about shooting people, battlefield is about winning battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, which also runs on a earlier version of the frostbite engine. As said earlier they do not utilize it to its full potential in BF3, even with that comparing the two is largely irelevant as the one in frostbite is dynamic non scripted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I really understand you, Zeta. If I say, "Man, my iPhone 5 has way more capabilities than your Samsung Galaxy S2" then I'm obviously having fallacy issues because I am comparing something relevant to something non-relevant. If I say "Man, my iPhone 5 has way more capabilities than your Samsung Galaxy S3" then I am providing an argument set up on a fair and strong foundation for us to have, because both phones are still relevant, and they were released in the same year.

See where I'm going with this? If you are going to make the statement that the environment destruction is/seems better in CoD: Ghosts than in Frostbyte, it is only fair to make that statement based off of what you have seen in Battlefield 4 because comparing a 2013 game to one that was made in 2011... is just dumb. I see what your saying when you made the bad company comparison, but its not relevant, or at least not to me it isn't, because once Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 releases, all other previous Battlefield and CoD titles will become irrelevant.

Now, if you want to make the argument that Ghosts is better than Battlefield 4 in the aspect of environmental destruction, go ahead and do so. But I'm done spending my time on you as long as you continue to compare apples to oranges.
    Last edited by Xl House lX; 2013-08-17 at 02:15 PM.
    Call me House.

I don't think I really understand you, Zeta. If I say, "Man, my iPhone 5 has way more capabilities than your Samsung Galaxy S2" then I'm obviously having fallacy issues because I am comparing something relevant to something non-relevant. If I say "Man, my iPhone 5 has way more capabilities than your Samsung Galaxy S3" then I am providing an argument set up on a fair and strong foundation for us to have, because both phones are still relevant, and they were released in the same year.

See where I'm going with this? If you are going to make the statement that the environment destruction is/seems better in CoD: Ghosts than in Frostbyte, it is only fair to make that statement based off of what you have seen in Battlefield 4 because comparing a 2013 game to one that was made in 2011... is just dumb. I see what your saying when you made the bad company comparison, but its not relevant, or at least not to me it isn't, because once Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 releases, all other previous Battlefield and CoD titles will become irrelevant.

Now, if you want to make the argument that Ghosts is better than Battlefield 4 in the aspect of environmental destruction, go ahead and do so. But I'm done spending my time on you as long as you continue to compare apples to oranges.
    It was basically a poke at how a feature degraded in the most recent release compared to an old one when there was no reason for it to happen. But all trolling and honesty aside none of this matters as this statement from before is true, the 2 game series are completely different and marketed differently, COD is a fast paced arcade shooter, BF is a vehicle combat larger scale shooter. Different play different styles different people, yet one of the first things brought up in this thread is how the newest bf is going to be better, Yet besides very very few youtube videos from both people seem to claim and swear up and down that this and that suck in cod ghosts and how its so much better in bf4. TBH you dont know what the extent of the enviromental destruction is in ghosts becuase 2 videos have come out for it so far. So stop pretending like you do.

2 different types of game 2 different audiences.