Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i don't understand why the logic here is so hard to follow. even if they dramatically reduced the drop rate instead of killing it completely, those sprites would still be by far the easiest and most abundant thing to kill due to the quests they are tied to.

im not sure what exactly it is you are asking for here. you said yourself the spot was "overpowered", and you also proposed simply reducing the drop rate. but as mentioned above, that's really still not an ideal solution for the sprites because of how they fit into the questing in the zone. the overall accessibility of the skyshards is now in line with what blizzard intended. if you love to grind, go grind. no one is stopping you from grinding out just about anything and everything you come across in the vale, you just cant be hand fed sprites anymore.

i don't mean any disrespect, truly, but i really am struggling to find a logical reason for the outrage here. yes it was nice having an easier spot to farm, and sure i guess losing that spot sucks. but it was always pretty clear that it was much easier than intended. i imagine anyone who's just there because they need to complete those quests on a regular basis is breathing a sigh of relief here as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I didn't call you a troll because you disagreed with me, I called you a troll because

Cry more because they fixed a part of the game that was simply broken.

I'll take "entitled little twerps" for 400, Alex!

of this stupidity.

This was suppose to be a discussion, yet people are taking my own words and twisting them into their own stupidity. I don't care whether people agree or disagree, that is their own opinion. If we were "exploiting" anything we would have been banned or dealt with, putting that many monsters into one area and expecting people not to farm it is not our fault.
    I'm so sorry if a bit of humor hurts your feelings; but I do find sarcasm my favorite response to unreasonable complaints.

You were dealt with by removing the problem; it might not be your fault to farm the design flaw, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be removed. You all had a good run with it, but that's it; pack your bags and move on, it's over and you have no right to be this upset for something that was clearly an abuse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    The real problem is that a "farming spot" implies that the mobs are repopping unrealistically fast. When mobs do that, it's intended to support a quest, not a warlock with a macro. You are supposed to have to travel between your murder sprees.
    Right. There are plenty of "good" spots for farming things in game.

However, a spot where you can pretty much stand still and farm something valuable and of general use MUCH faster than elsewhere, that is not really helpful to the game, because the game isn't designed to accommodate super-fast farming of goods or gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    but it was always pretty clear that it was much easier than intended.
    Yup. This is the important criterion, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill warscouts/warbringers for a few hours.

You'll be rolling in mats to sell, and have enough rep tokens to boost your alts to exalted almost instantly.

There, some perfectly "legit" farming strategies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

So just to clarify - you found a certain spot for farming yourself? completely independently and with no tip off?

Then what has happened here is the fault of your own stupidity by farming at busy times in view of other players who are going to be curious as to why you're there for a prolonged period and word got out that there was an imbalance compared to other areas, or you just outright told someone else!

Or you found out about this spot because of a tip off?

Then it was someone prior to you that was stupid enough not to take enough care to stop you finding out.

Then inevitably, because of human nature I guess, as word spreads others add their touches and a happy little farming site turns into an area which it was completely unintended for.

Now granted im no Einstein but isnt "Unintended for" just a gentler way of saying "abused" and if something is being abused why would you not expect the designers to correct it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    i don't understand why the logic here is so hard to follow. even if they dramatically reduced the drop rate instead of killing it completely, those sprites would still be by far the easiest and most abundant thing to kill due to the quests they are tied to.

im not sure what exactly it is you are asking for here. you said yourself the spot was "overpowered", and you also proposed simply reducing the drop rate. but as mentioned above, that's really still not an ideal solution for the sprites because of how they fit into the questing in the zone. the overall accessibility of the skyshards is now in line with what blizzard intended. if you love to grind, go grind. no one is stopping you from grinding out just about anything and everything you come across in the vale, you just cant be hand fed sprites anymore.

i don't mean any disrespect, truly, but i really am struggling to find a logical reason for the outrage here. yes it was nice having an easier spot to farm, and sure i guess losing that spot sucks. but it was always pretty clear that it was much easier than intended. i imagine anyone who's just there because they need to complete those quests on a regular basis is breathing a sigh of relief here as well.
    It's not just about that farming area, it's about all of them. They have nerfed every single farm spot available whether in a questing zone or somewhere completely useless. There is a way to fix these areas without ruining them completely and that is not whats being done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I'm so sorry if a bit of humor hurts your feelings; but I do find sarcasm my favorite response to unreasonable complaints.

You were dealt with by removing the problem; it might not be your fault to farm the design flaw, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be removed. You all had a good run with it, but that's it; pack your bags and move on, it's over and you have no right to be this upset for something that was clearly an abuse.
    I agreed to these areas being overpowered but there is a way to fix it instead of ruining it, that's my whole basis for this thread. Instead of fixing an issue they stomped all over it. I've said this at least 3 times now, how would you feel if you logged in and started mining and only got 1 ore per node? Bullshit, isn't it?

Kind of the same way the old raid bosses gold was reduced. It was nice to go in clear out a place and make 1-2k without a ton of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Right. There are plenty of "good" spots for farming things in game.

However, a spot where you can pretty much stand still and farm something valuable and of general use MUCH faster than elsewhere, that is not really helpful to the game, because the game isn't designed to accommodate super-fast farming of goods or gold.

Yup. This is the important criterion, really.
    You don't stand still at all in that area as a Warlock or any other class for that matter. You can mine and herb with no effort at all but flying around, why can't we kill mobs for loot in a realistic manner? You don't loot 1 herb or 1 ore per node, you get several.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abob View Post
    So just to clarify - you found a certain spot for farming yourself? completely independently and with no tip off?

Then what has happened here is the fault of your own stupidity by farming at busy times in view of other players who are going to be curious as to why you're there for a prolonged period and word got out that there was an imbalance compared to other areas, or you just outright told someone else!

Or you found out about this spot because of a tip off?

Then it was someone prior to you that was stupid enough not to take enough care to stop you finding out.

Then inevitably, because of human nature I guess, as word spreads others add their touches and a happy little farming site turns into an area which it was completely unintended for.

Now granted im no Einstein but isnt "Unintended for" just a gentler way of saying "abused" and if something is being abused why would you not expect the designers to correct it?
    Because there wasn't a "correction" to the "abuse" it was nerfed to shit and made worthless. I grow tired of reposting the same nonsense, so let me say it one last time. YES, ALL OF THESE FARMING PLACES WERE OVERPOWERED. However, they were not nerfed, they were ruined, they were made unusable to players.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-08-15 at 02:36 AM.

Because there wasn't a "correction" to the "abuse" it was nerfed to shit and made worthless.
    Then maybe, just maybe the area wasn't intended to have worth greater than for quest completion

Quote Originally Posted by abob View Post
    Then maybe, just maybe the area wasn't intended to have worth greater than for quest completion
    Some of those areas don't even have quests for said farming mobs. Lol.

Some of those areas don't even have quests for said farming mobs. Lol.
    Well if were going to get pedantic... read your last reply thoroughly in which you quoted me, I didn't say they did have quests.

Short answer : Bots.

Long answer : They don't want farming Korean MMO style to be the most efficient to be succesfull at the game.

Don't see a really good reason why they really don't want farming to give any kind of money. Farming anything yields laughable amounts of gold in comparison to going into the ah and playing around a bit on your mouse wheel.

you guys are so funny. the deepholm nerf was bad yea, but there are other spots that imo are even better. nobody uses them, because few know of them. The best gold making secrets are the ones that STAY a secret.

you guys continue to wine about this while i whistle a merry tune and continue to farm up 4k+ an hour with good rng (3k with terrible rng).

Quote Originally Posted by whirlingcloud View Post
    you guys are so funny. the deepholm nerf was bad yea, but there are other spots that imo are even better. nobody uses them, because few know of them. The best gold making secrets are the ones that STAY a secret.

you guys continue to wine about this while i whistle a merry tune and continue to farm up 4k+ an hour with good rng (3k with terrible rng).
    Sir, if you think 3-4k an hour is a lot of gold, you're the one being laughed at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Short answer : Bots.

Long answer : They don't want farming Korean MMO style to be the most efficient to be succesfull at the game.
    They bot with mining and herb already anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    Druids have to dismount to farm.
    No, they have to land. You can land on the ground and herb *while in Birdform* and *then* continue on your marry way. You have to exit Bird form to Mine a node however.

What Blizzard wants:

{area 1} {area 2} {area 3} ... - equally viable for farming

What accidentally happens:

{area 1} {AREA 2 ++++} {area 3} ... - farm in AREA 2 only unless you're retarded

What this means:

"God it is boring farming all this shit in the same area over and over"

Solution:

[NERF HAMMER]

Consequences:

"WAAAAA WHY DID U NURF FUN!!??"

Solution:

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sir, if you think 3-4k an hour is a lot of gold, you're the one being laughed at.

- - - Updated - - -

They bot with mining and herb already anyhow!
    pfffft gimmi a break. Half the people that play wow have no clue how to even use professions... They might have had 4k (that they actually earned) once... back when they were leveling up. 4k an hour is very good. I can easily farm up 16k a day with little effort, no ganking, and ZERO competition whatsoever. not to mention, people NEED what I have to sell and there is not a very large number of people selling what i sell so... i can almost set my own prices (as ridiculously high as i want)... and dominate that part of the market entirely...

Deepholm.. you were always competing... always getting ganked... (man the ganking there is just out of control).

Not to mention... My spot isent getting nerfed.. My spot never will get nerfed. Your spot... however, is clearly getting destroyed. So... Who is the one laughing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So druid doesn't give "unfair" advantage? I mean ignoring presence of any mobs who guard area (night elves cal also shadowmeld), having no cast time on fly form (which still can be used for herbing), so the time it takes you to take 1 node, druid already took 4 next? I am saying it as one who has druid for gathering.
    That is a class design issue, and one blizzard are perfectly happy with.
    Take that up with them.
    Don't change the subject.

I get way more from grinding or questing than any durability damage sustained during that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Druids' edge in mining/herbing is minimal. It takes 1.5 seconds to mount, and most of the best mining spots are in caves anyways. Personally, I like a pet class when I mine/herb. If there happens to be a hostile mob around, the pet holds it (or just kills it for me, especially in sprite caves) while I mine/herb. You'll be able to get an herb-picking mount next patch, so stop throwing a hissy-fit about druids having an advantage over you in herbing.

ps: I use zen flight on my monk for quest items. Occasionally I use it for mining, but I like my warlock for that better.
    Ugh... *facepalm* 1.5 seconds is obnoxious when you have to do it 100s of times. Lets say you dismount 200 times in an hour for the sake of napkin math. 200x1.5=300 seconds. 300/60= 5 minutes. the druid has a 5 minute advantage. that can be a but load of ore/ herbs.

The fact that you trivialize this tells me you really have no clue. Do you even know how many herbs I can farm in 5 minutes? A lot. generally 3-5 stacks. Sometimes even more.

Do some math next time before you go and trivialize a huge advantage like the one druids have.