Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why do they nerf all of the farming spots?

I think that it is wrong and unfair that all of these farming spots are being nerfed into the ground.

For all of the people who think that it's fair, answer me this, are there not farming professions? Do you not need to be a Druid to be the best class to farm these professions? You can be a Druid and Mine and Herb without dismounting. You can sit there and watch TV all day and just mindlessly clicking a button waiting for the little yellow dot to appear on your map.

So what if some of us choose to kill monsters as a means of farming? There are professions for it, people play the Auction House, they buy Trading Card Game cards to sell for WoW gold. Some people even disobey the rules and buy gold from other players, and sell it too.

As I see it, there are two types of people in this game, the ones who do the work and the ones who want the reward with no work. Sure, you can go on the auction house and buy everything, but how do you think it gets on the auction house? People go out and farm it for you.

I am disgusted by the people who say that all these farming spots deserve to be nerfed, yes, they are overpowered, but there are ways to fix that instead of ruining it for everyone and making the spot useless!

In regards to the Mistfall Village nerf, as I said, there are people who want to do the work for the rewards and others who just want the reward, if we want to go out and get Skyshards for those people who don't have time or are too lazy to make the effort to obtain their own mount why is that wrong of us? You act as if the mounts just randomly appear in our bags. That area is a hell of a lot more work to do then just looking for the yellow dot on your map and right-clicking.

In regards to the Deepholm area, leveling professions downright sucks, if someone chooses to go out and farm the cloth so someone can buy it all and level their Tailoring, why not?! If I want to stock up the Auction House with bags for people to use, why not?!

Yes, I believe these areas did need nerfs, but my question is why did you nerf it to the point of uselessness? What if you woke up one day to go mining and herbing and every node only gave you 1 piece of ore or 1 herb?

If Druids can be the best at farming ore and herbs, why is there such a big problem with Warlocks? Each Class is better at certain things, and I don't feel it's fair to shame them for it. I have been playing since Vanilla and I have no alts, just my Warlock. If you can tell me to go make a Druid to farm ore and herbs, I can tell you if you want to farm go make a Warlock. You don't need a Druid to farm herb and ore and you don't need a Warlock to farm monsters, it's just what works best.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-08-15 at 12:51 AM.

I made buttloads of gold farming in Deepholm, it was pretty ridiculous with the spawns + treasure pots. Just because it's nice for the people who know about it doesn't make it fair to everyone else who farms at the normal rate in some other area.

Also does this really need its own thread? It was fine talking about it in the other one.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I made buttloads of gold farming in Deepholm, it was pretty ridiculous with the spawns + treasure pots. Just because it's nice for the people who know about it doesn't make it fair to everyone else who farms at the normal rate in some other area.
    So is it fair when I kill mob, get wear-and-tear repairs of 19 silver, and loot 2 silver gray? I am happy that not everyone wants to live in such "fair" world.

Is it fair that some people sit on millions of gold from AH? You can make so much gold from AH, that it kills aspect of going "out in the world" and actually kill something.
    Also does this really need its own thread? It was fine talking about it in the other one.
    Yes we need. Other thread is focused on Mistfall Village nerf, not on global nerf of many farm spots over time. Honestly, it starts getting out of hand. WoW isn't about AH and raids only.

They nerfed them because the reward for time invested was too high. Stop sounding so petulant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cry more because they fixed a part of the game that was simply broken.

I'll take "entitled little twerps" for 400, Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They nerfed them because the reward for time invested was too high. Stop sounding so petulant.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Cry more because they fixed a part of the game that was simply broken.

I'll take "entitled little twerps" for 400, Alex!
    If you didn't read my whole post, don't even bother to respond again, if you did read my whole post and that honestly was your response, read it again because you obviously didn't understand it and I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

What they did to these areas were not a "fix", they completely ruined them. Someone posted in another forum that several expansions ago people could fish and vendor the fish in order to make tons of gold. Do you know what they did? They reduced the vendor price, THAT is a fix. They didn't say "Hey, screw it, we're just going to delete the fish out of the game"
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-08-15 at 01:05 AM.

The profession is by design, the farming you describe was not.
    Taking advantage of an unintended set of circumstances.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I've seen the phrase "Watch TV while zooming to yellow dot" or some variant repeated by the OP too many times in this thread and the other one this should have stayed a part of to know it's kind of pointless to even discuss it.

Which makes phrasing this thread as a question where you wish to have an answer even more pointless when you casually disregard every answer you are given.

But, since you won't take anyone else's word for your answer, then allow me to use your own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
    I am disgusted by the people who say that all these farming spots deserve to be nerfed, yes, they are overpowered, but there are ways to fix that instead of ruining it for everyone and making the spot useless!
    all these farming spots deserve to be nerfed, yes, they are overpowered
    You see, that is what happens when something is overpowered. It gets nerfed.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-08-15 at 01:12 AM.

If you didn't read my whole post, don't even bother to respond again, if you did read my whole post and that honestly was your response, read it again because you obviously didn't understand it and I'm not going to bother wasting my time.

What they did to these areas were not a "fix", they completely ruined them. Someone posted in another forum that several expansions ago people could fish and vendor the fish in order to make tons of gold. Do you know what they did? They reduced the vendor price, THAT is a fix. They didn't say "Hey, screw it, we're just going to delete the fish out of the game"
    I didn't say anything about them fixing vs ruining the rates (and honestly don't care, I'll find other places to farm), simply that the old ones were too high.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If they can design a few different colored mining nodes and colorful looking flowers which make players thousands of gold, why are we not entitled to kill monsters for the same reason? There are many ways in which people can obtain gold and I think it's wrong that this is not one of them. This should be an intended way to obtain gold.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So druid doesn't give "unfair" advantage? I mean ignoring presence of any mobs who guard area (night elves cal also shadowmeld), having no cast time on fly form (which still can be used for herbing), so the time it takes you to take 1 node, druid already took 4 next? I am saying it as one who has druid for gathering.
    I am not sure how people can be so utterly blind. So all mobs should drop minimum loot? Most of MoP mobs are already near worthless to kill, they are just waste of time. Wear-and-tear repair bills often outweight what you get from mobs nowadays. Is it so hard to understand?
    it's kind of pointless to even discuss it.
    Maybe to catch attention of Blizzard as they are the regular visitors of MMO-C? Current world is just an excuse for making you grind charms.

I didn't say anything about them fixing vs ruining the rates (and honestly don't care, I'll find other places to farm), simply that the old ones were too high.
    I agree, that is why my main post says such, however my point is there is a way to fix the problem vs ruining it altogether.
    Some of these farming spots were overpowered, but now they are completely useless. What if you logged in after maintenance and now mining nodes only granted you one ore and herbing only gave you one herb? That is what they did to these farming areas.

Eh, I've seen the phrase "Watch TV while zooming to yellow dot" or some variant repeated by the OP too many times in this thread and the other one this should have stayed a part of to know it's kind of pointless to even discuss it.

Which makes phrasing this thread as a question where you wish to have an answer even more pointless when you casually disregard every answer you are given.

But, since you won't take anyone else's word for your answer, then allow me to use your own words:
    Yes, I am using the same phrases, because that is how I feel and I will stick to it. I am not disregarding anything, I see no valid points, only people arguing stupidity like you. You are twisting my words and you are quite ignorant. You can take the things I said out of context, however when you put the WHOLE sentence together and not bits and pieces to twist my words around what I actually said is this: I am disgusted by the people who say that all these farming spots deserve to be nerfed, yes, they are overpowered, but there are ways to fix that instead of ruining it for everyone and making the spot useless! If you're going to troll, go do it somewhere else and let the adults talk.
    Last edited by Marionette; 2013-08-15 at 01:21 AM.

For the same reason they nerf the entertainment out of anything even remotely considered griefing, OP. They want you to know this is your game, to play as you like, as long it's exactly how they want you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    I always thought it was kind of silly to nerf farm spots, especially now that the world is shared with multiple servers and obtaining the ore/herbs has become increasingly more difficult. I usually only farm to gain the skill ups as it's easier for me to make gold on the AH than it is to waste time farming for skill ups. I'd rather spend a meager 20k to level up a profession to max than spend 4-12 hours grinding a profession up from 1-600 by farming. It's honestly a waste of time and the nerfs are unnecessary at this point.
    And they are only looking to condense the servers even more.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't get prickly at the rest because your reasoning is the skewed one. But you are right, we don't understand you; we should be on a very delusional state of mind to understaad that level of entitlement.

I feel like it should be nerfed to a level where it's still a viable option to get money, instead of nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Don't get prickly at the rest because your reasoning is the skewed one. But you are right, we don't understand you; we should be on a very delusional state of mind to understaad that level of entitlement.
    How is my reasoning skewed? You didn't say anything useful in either of your posts, trolling and stupidity gets you nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I feel like it should be nerfed to a level where it's still a viable option to get money, instead of nerfed to the ground.
    ^
    This.. just so much this.

I think that it is wrong and unfair that all of these farming spots are being nerfed into the ground.

For all of the people who think that it's fair, answer me this, are there not farming professions? Do you not need to be a Druid to be the best class to farm these professions? You can be a Druid and Mine and Herb without dismounting. You can sit there and watch TV all day and just mindlessly clicking a button waiting for the little yellow dot to appear on your map.

So what if some of us choose to kill monsters as a means of farming? There are professions for it, people play the Auction House, they buy Trading Card Game cards to sell for WoW gold. Some people even disobey the rules and buy gold from other players, and sell it too.

As I see it, there are two types of people in this game, the ones who do the work and the ones who want the reward with no work. Sure, you can go on the auction house and buy everything, but how do you think it gets on the auction house? People go out and farm it for you.

In regards to the Mistfall Village nerf, as I said, there are people who want to do the work for the rewards and others who just want the reward, if we want to go out and get Skyshards for those people who don't have time or are too lazy to make the effort to obtain their own mount why is that wrong of us? You act as if the mounts just randomly appear in our bags. That area is a hell of a lot more work to do then just looking for the yellow dot on your map and right-clicking.

In regards to the Deepholm area, leveling professions downright sucks, if someone chooses to go out and farm the cloth so someone can buy it all and level their Tailoring, why not?! If I want to stock up the Auction House with bags for people to use, why not?!

Yes, I believe these areas did need nerfs, but my question is why did you nerf it to the point of uselessness? What if you woke up one day to go mining and herbing and every node only gave you 1 piece of ore or 1 herb?

If Druids can be the best at farming ore and herbs, why is there such a big problem with Warlocks? Each Class is better at certain things, and I don't feel it's fair to shame them for it. I have been playing since Vanilla and I have no alts, just my Warlock. If you can tell me to go make a Druid to farm ore and herbs, I can tell you if you want to farm go make a Warlock. You don't need a Druid to farm herb and ore and you don't need a Warlock to farm monsters, it's just what works best.
    You do know that you have to dismount of flightform to mine and herb right? Stop saying BS that isn't true. You can only pick up quest items in flightform anything else that requires casting you need to dismount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I read your whole post and really you just seem upset because farming has now been made harder on your Lock, so you want to shift your angry towards Druids and their farming without having to dismount.

It kinda reminds me of when my sister and I used to fight and she would get in trouble, then tell mom "but she did it too"....
    You have completely misunderstood the reason of my post then. I am not upset that they "made it harder" to farm, they made it useless to farm. I've said it several times on this post and I will say it again, how would you feel if you started mining and herbing and each node only gave you just one ore, and one herb?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They nerf the farming spots to drive people to buy more gold... Or are they doing it to stop gold farmer bots?!