Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    you summed it up dude. But I run a 1 man company and I was sort of counting on that 150 bucks.
    Take her to a small claims court man, seriously - if you're self employed, this shit can destroy you...

you summed it up dude. But I run a 1 man company and I was sort of counting on that 150 bucks.
    I just got $180 out of someone who owed me since December. Have someone who owes me about $1000 who I can not get in touch with.

Sending them to collections is nearly always a miss, small chance you will see anything at all, I got $12.50 payment towards a $800 balance though collections once.

You did not mention the ones who dont pay and blame you for it or blame you for their check bouncing.

I generally agree, but I'm confused about the OP...

Did you provide her a service that she didn't ask for (topping off her AC, which was a favor), and then you tried to charge her for that service that she never asked for?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I do a lot of nice things for people and when this happened it really rocked my world.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I seriously have my doubts that you are 44, without sounding cruel you sound as naive as a 16 year old school leaver dropped into the working world for the first time.
    I'm pretty sure you need a licence to hold freon, somethings not adding up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post

Did you provide her a service that she didn't ask for (topping off her AC, which was a favor), and then you tried to charge her for that service that she never asked for?
    From what i gather,

He's self employed in refrigerant handling and the like, the lady gave him a call - he hopped to while she was out, because he felt compelled as a good guy - she then ducked the charge.

Leaving her kid to answer the door to him, while he scratched his head - he called her up, she blanked him and demanded he leave her house.

Deleted
    I do a lot of nice things for people and when this happened it really rocked my world.
    Is this seriously the first time this has happened to you? you are middle aged for fudge sake.

I just said thats enough and told her to "GO FUCK YOURSELF" how dare does someone take that sort of attitude with me after I went out of my way...

fuck people.
    That's where you screwed up. It's a service job, the customer is always right, even when they're an argumentative asshole who's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post

she phoned me from work so I went over and helped them out. When I showed up 2 weeks later because i was in the neighbourhood to collect. "why are you at my property!!!!"

I'm standing there looking at a new furnace/ac some other company is installing. I just don't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need a licence to hold freon, somethings not adding up
    Because that's not easy to get around?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this seriously the first time this has happened to you? you are middle aged for fudge sake.
    Rich I deal with lots of people every day. This incident really got under my skin. Is that too much to understand?

Was the lady mad that you serviced her shit without her knowing that you were there, or that you showed up to collect without her knowing that you were there?

If you came to her house, entered her house, and fixed her stuff while she wasn't home, then that's very questionably wrong.

But if you showed up for payment and she got mad that you were there, then she's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a gas fitter 1 licence for last 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know why i'm talking about this. Just venting and very disappointed in humanity.

Deleted
    Rich I deal with lots of people every day. This incident really got under my skin. Is that too much to understand?
    Yes, it is too much for me to understand. I am 15 years younger than you but learned to brush shit like this off years ago, someone refuses to pay a bill and you freak out? You are either not 44 as you claim or are the most childish middle aged man I know, especially someone that is self employed, you are certainly very insecure which is a trait that is undesirable in any boss or business owner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never do "favors" that you expect something in return for.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Because that's not easy to get around?
    Just doesnt seem profitable. Considering people nowadays would rather just get new things than fix them. Not only that most companies already have contractors they signed deals with, they're not going to hire someone unlicenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    Just doesnt seem profitable. Considering people nowadays would rather just get new things than fix them. Not only that most companies already have contractors they signed deals with, they're not going to hire someone unlicenced.

Huh? There is TONS of work for unlicensed contractors in poorer communities. They come cheaper, and are usually able to get to you faster then the bigger companies.

Edt: And you said a license about Freon, and i was stating that it's easy to get freon without a license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is too much for me to understand. I am 15 years younger than you but learned to brush shit like this off years ago, someone refuses to pay a bill and you freak out? You are either not 44 as you claim or are the most childish middle aged man I know, especially someone that is self employed, you are certainly very insecure which is a trait that is undesirable in any boss or business owner.
    I'm not freaking out about the money..it was her attitude on the phone. Don't you get it dude?

- - - Updated - - -

I've done many service calls and walked away without getting paid. I don't always do this job for the money.

- - - Updated - - -

just last week I fixed someones furnace and noticed their a/c wasn't working. So I went outside and noticed the problem right away and fixed it for them. I knew they were poor and it was bloody hot. They said they haven't had airconditioning for a couple years.

I charged 95$ for callout charge. and She hands me a 100 dollar bill and asked for 5 dollars back after I fixed their a/c for free. I just don't understand people at all.

humanity is a bunch of selfish ignorant idiots of course there are good ppl but most of our society ist just a bunch of assholes dont even bother to help ppl anymore
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Huh? There is TONS of work for unlicensed contractors in poorer communities. They come cheaper, and are usually able to get to you faster then the bigger companies.

Edt: And you said a license about Freon, and i was stating that it's easy to get freon without a license.
    hmm not around here. Around here just driving to a call is a 50$ charge. Most people would rather just toss an A/C or Fridge than get an old one fixed. Not much work for contractors around here unless its a well known company. My dad recently retired because the business was no longer profitable. He was a 30 year HVAC vet.