Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Online dating isn't as easy as it looks for a man.

after many months of browbeating and my roommates all night sessions I took the plunge.

Made up an account on pof.com and after 3000 questions my profile was created. Some of it was horrible and I may have to fudge some of the answers next time.

My name was Jayburner and I used my current avatar as my profile. It didn't go well at all. I got shut down so fast and when I did see someone that interested me. "you are not my type" Sorry i'm only 5"9.

I'm going to try again tomorrow with a legit profile and picture and see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my sister/roommate works for them now. because when I got her picture was splashed all over their main page. it really freaked me out to be honest.

Do you think it is any better for females?
    Sure there might be a couple of "normal"ish people on there but the majority has massive problems or are bots/fake.

I used Match for a bit when I was single. Went on dates with a half dozen people in around a month, found one I liked, dated her for a couple months, went our separate ways. Haven't used one since, but it seemed like a decent enough thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    my roommate has no prob. but she is pretty cool and funny. So am I. but I guess need to try again in a serious matter.

Trust me, it isn't easy for women either. A close friend of mine has attracted so many freaks through online dating. I think it's just a problematic system overall because it's easier for people to embellish details online and show themselves in a more positive light. On the other end of the spectrum, it's much easier to shoot people down because you aren't talking with them face to face and it isn't awkward. You don't feel the pity you feel for shooting down people in, say, a public place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Trust me, it isn't easy for women either. A close friend of mine has attracted so many freaks through online dating. I think it's just a problematic system overall because it's easier for people to embellish details online and show themselves in a more positive light. On the other end of the spectrum, it's much easier to shoot people down because you aren't talking with them face to face and it isn't awkward. You don't feel the pity you feel for shooting down people in, say, a public place.
    I hear you. I was always the guy that said "if there was only a way to get your message across without typing a million words" I would create it and call it a telephone or actually meeting someone face to face.

Yeah, men and women have the opposite problem. Women have to sort through a lot of shit to figure out who's worth actually meeting, men have to deal with being shot down over and over again by women that might actually like them if they met. Either way, as long as you're willing to send or deny (depending on gender) at about a 10:1 rate, you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    with my bro all day long and his girlfriend kept texting him guilt trip type messages about not seeing her for 8 days. I just don't understand the hate that can be spilled thur electronic means. its crazy!

It's easy when you're sexy.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yes, exactly this. Both genders have their own set of issues to deal with when online dating. Women get a lot of just spammy messages that look like someone copy/pasted the same message to two dozen other people (just the simple "hi" or "hey how are you" or just very vague/generic wording). Some are just rude (the semi-anonymity I guess) or entitled. It's an... interesting thing online dating, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Braver than me, that's for sure... I doubt I could be paid enough to touch any such site. Good luck with it though, hope you find a nice lady friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you try match.com because I mean they have commericals and stuff on it so I mean it must be true.

Next time don't put a picture of you as a toddler playing with your pud. C'mon man, get with the program. Alternatively they all thought "child photography" was a "hobby" of yours.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

You meet some rather... interesting people on Match.

Used it many years ago, I think there's definitely a spontaneity factor in meeting someone that sites like this lack. Still, I can't say I regret the experiment.

Online dating is brutal for guys, mostly because females get SO many messages it's ridiculous, the chances of her noticing yours in an endless ocean of messages in her inbox are very slim

10+ Year Old Account
    I never heard anyone ever say that online dating was easier. Except maybe the websites that try to scam you into paying for that shit. The only thing that makes online dating easier than regular dating is, you can find someone with your interests that you know has similar interests, instead of just seeing a random pretty girl and asking her out, only to find out you have approximately zero in common. But that's more about being on a website for some time, say, here, and just "meeting" the right girl. It's not eHarmony, those sites are more scam than legit.

Craigslist is the way to go. Try that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think online dating is one of the most idiotic things ever. All those sites usually amount to are desperately lonely people who seem to think that they absolutely need a relationship for whatever reason despite not being able to independently establish one from solely their real-life ventures. Plus I think it probably attracts a lot of creeps.
    Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-08-15 at 09:07 AM.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it was harder for males.
    Stereotypically speaking, women would be more likely to view men as potential partners while men would be more likely to view online dating as a quick route to sex.
    Now, I must stress that I said stereotypically and that there is a very good chance that plenty of men take online dating quite seriously, and I'm guessing you're probably one of them. I totally get that. I met my boyfriend online years and years ago. But I would imagine that women would be less trusting of men online and perhaps a little hesitant to meet up so soon after meeting for fear of being used, or worse.

I can't quite fathom why you got pulled off of there because of your image, it's not like children use these sites, but I guess it doesn't help your chances if people don't know what you look like. You could have three eyes.

But yeah, I can understand why it would be harder for men. Why did you use that image anyways? Are you ashamed of how you look? Everyone has to be loved by someone. I mean besides their parents, obviously.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

10+ Year Old Account
    Online Dating is really creepy i've found. Every reply or rose you get sent is from someone really creepy.

I've never met anyone nice or down to earth. It's all about sex it seems and i don't think that that is really appropriate. Maybe i'm on the wrong sites.
    Hi