Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For every 1 reasonable looking and normal woman on such a site there is 200 men sending her penis pictures. It´s a hard barrier to break through and takes a while. Just be yourself and keep trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    For every 1 reasonable looking and normal woman on such a site there is 200 men sending her penis pictures. It´s a hard barrier to break through and takes a while. Just be yourself and keep trying.
    It is hillarious and also sad when ones female friends show their inbox and what men type to them.
    Equally patethic that 90% of all men and women on dating site includes "I like to work out, I'm ambitious and like to spend time outdoors" and then alot of presentations ending with Carpe Diem
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    It is hillarious and also sad when ones female friends show their inbox and what men type to them.
    Equally patethic that 90% of all men and women on dating site includes "I like to work out, I'm ambitious and like to spend time outdoors" and then alot of presentations ending with Carpe Diem
    My biggest peeve is very VERY overweight women who know exactly how to take a picture so you don´t see they are overweight. That´s just false advertising man.

Don't use a picture of a young child as your primary profile pic. If you don't take your own profile nobody will take you seriously, and they'll assume you are a troll/creeper/etc.

After looking at enough face only pics and clicking on profiles you'll quickly learn why it was possible for programers to use facial recognition/face pics to determine BMI with 1 or 2 accuracy. Check arms, count chins, look at the cheeks. When it doubt, in the absence of a body shot, assume they are hidding something.

But yeah, people over sell themselves. However many times a week someone implies they work out, subtract 1.5. If you want a check on education/literacy you can simply just look at what they wrote. Pictures, if you can't see it they are hiding it. Overall, online dating can work, but not usually instantly. As you consider doing online dating and you feel the need to budge the facts... perhaps it's time to make the life changes you need to make so those "facts" are real. Because most likely, that's who'd you like to be.

Only two kinds of people even use dating sites. Losers/insecure people and people with issues, best to stay away from both.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Only two kinds of people even use dating sites. Losers/insecure people and people with issues, best to stay away from both.
    Why even say that? It's easier to meet people that are share common interests because it's plainly laid out ahead of meeting someone due to the nature of dating sites. You can't get that from blind dates or hitting up the local bar.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Next time try dating as you are supposed to do: eye on eye

10+ Year Old Account
    When you're me you don't have to search for chicks, they search for you. Women cannot resist me, my glistening abs reflecting the sun into their eyes. I'm a real-life Quagmire as you'd say. I'll never get married, and I have about 4 dates a week. I love my life.

I've only had two dates and I'm still a virgin.

I havn't used them myself but I think that is mostly a social stigma. Similiar to the "everyone who plays computer games are fat nerds".

There are 100s of social stigmas. Most of them are rubbish and just horrible generalizations.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    after many months of browbeating and my roommates all night sessions I took the plunge.

Made up an account on pof.com and after 3000 questions my profile was created. Some of it was horrible and I may have to fudge some of the answers next time.

My name was Jayburner and I used my current avatar as my profile. It didn't go well at all. I got shut down so fast and when I did see someone that interested me. "you are not my type" Sorry i'm only 5"9.

I'm going to try again tomorrow with a legit profile and picture and see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my sister/roommate works for them now. because when I got her picture was splashed all over their main page. it really freaked me out to be honest.
    My advice is that if you are going to use online dating be open, honest and have a recent picture of you that shows all your features. If someone is going to contact you and go any further then it's best that they have the "real" you to save both you and her some time.

If no one likes you that's no issue, no different to passing the opposite sex in the street each day you never know and it doesn't matter if they like you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    My biggest peeve is very VERY overweight women who know exactly how to take a picture so you don´t see they are overweight. That´s just false advertising man.
    When I used Match, I got quite a few messages from fat girls. I'm 5'8", 132 pounds, a runner, and clearly list my preference for thin, fit women. Why the fuck would someone think they're a sufficiently special snowflake that I'm suddenly going to find obesity attractive? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK Cupid has worked fine for me when I've used it. Then again, I don't expect to meet "the one" my first go around.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

[citation needed]

The women I met seemed pretty normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    [citation needed]

That's just because you're a loser/insecure/have issues. Obviously.

Joking

Don't forget the "too good to be true" profiles that I'm pretty sure are fake and created by the site to grab more attention and get more money from subscriptions.

For the paid sites like Match anyway.

I'm pretty sure there are a few that pull that trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    That's just because you're a loser/insecure/have issues. Obviously.
    QE mf'n D

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    [citation needed]

You pretty much have to sift through the crap, but they're out there.

Deleted
    For a laugh I once uploaded Jimmy Raynor's pic from Starcraft 2, the highest rating he got was a 5, peoples expectation are way too high online.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Don't forget the "too good to be true" profiles that I'm pretty sure are fake and created by the site to grab more attention and get more money from subscriptions.

For the paid sites like Match anyway.

I'm pretty sure there are a few that pull that trick.
    Is there any evidence of this? I just assumed that some people are really awesome, because some people are really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    You pretty much have to sift through the crap, but they're out there.
    Yeah, I figured there was something in the ballpark of a 10:1 ratio of people that you'd contact to people you'd hear from, about a 3:1 ratio of chatting to people you'd want to meet up with, and about a 3:1 ratio of people you meet up with to people you'd be interested in dating. That would suggest ~90 messages to find someone worth dating. That seems... about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a friend who met the guy she's having a baby with (and probably marrying at some point) on an online dating site. It's not exactly impossible to meet good people on those sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    For a laugh I once uploaded Jimmy Raynor's pic from Starcraft 2, the highest rating he got was a 5, peoples expectation are way too high online.
    They expect their prospects to be real life human beings?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!