Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Are the first 2-3 bosses of SoO morchok levels of difficulty?

long story short this alt/new main is just 2 weeks old and will be only 515-525 with no meta/cloak.

Can the average bludger pug kill a few bosses early on? I think blizz stated they will balance early SoO a bit smoother than the whole horridon thing.

They said the first few bosses will be rather easy for normal mode raiders so you might be able to pug some.

1st boss aka Immerseus is pure faceroll. Not so sure about the other 3.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right they said the first four bosses will be faceroll à la High Warlord Naj'entus: Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember right they said the first four bosses will be the same 'faceroll-difficulty' à la High Warlord Naj'entus: Immerseus, Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the tuning so far, Immerseus/Protectos and Norushen are all fairly easy, Sha is a bit of a step up though, but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Looking at the tuning so far
    Don't. PTR is always undertuned on purpose (unless it's overtuned by accident/bug).

(explained by blue posts few times)
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your "average bludger pug" should try Flexi first and see how it goes. While those early bosses *shouldn't* be Horridon level, they weren't all that trivial and 515 is pretty low ilvl for normals.

Immerseus looks pretty easy. The other ones in the Vale look like they're gimmicky but nothing jumped out as being "Oh fuck that's going to be issues" it was more like you have to learn the mechanics and the trick to it. Hopefully they learned their lesson from ToT and we get a real difficulty curve, because if my guild experiences another load of crap like Horridon or Stone Guard was at launch, I'm probably quitting again because I'll be damned if I spend a month or more wiping on the first or second boss of a huge raid. Talk about a morale killer.

First 2 aren't that bad. 3rd is going to require practicing and communication. 4th is very snowbally because of the pride mechanic which is similar to the cho'gall mechanic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Don't. PTR is always undertuned on purpose (unless it's overtuned by accident/bug).

Its actually the opposite for PTR atm, everything is overtuned. At least when they were testing flex it was, and normal before that.
    I have to admit though, I like the first few bosses being fairly easy for anyone above average. Means I can pug them on alts without getting so frustrated by morons at only the first few bosses in a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first 4 will be pretty simple mechanics wise, and will be a good entry point for guilds struggling with the current tier.

After that i think it will ramp up normally in terms of difficulty. Normal modes won't be too challenging.
    Hi

^

yeah, I remember Stone Guards being a joke on PTR, then it took us at least 6 hours to kill them on live.

Think ICC first wing

Quote Originally Posted by Aensland View Post
    ^

yeah, I remember Stone Guards being a joke on PTR, then it took us at least 6 hours to kill them on live.
    I remember that Stone Guards had two PTR phases: First was a total joke (literally AOEed them together a la LFR, people were like "Woah was that the boss?") and then later they didn't require a second swap as you could survive 2x Overloads easily. Then live came and you couldn't without doing the power management swaps.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-08-15 at 05:07 PM.

I hope they do not the same mistake they did with hof and ToT

First boss easy, second and third boss a wall for most casual guilds..

im interested how they will feel with team which wil be around 540 itlv - faceroll or similiart to horridon/council with around 505 itlv on week 1 .... and how much punishing mechanics there will be (aka 1 person can screw up raid etc ) .... and if so which of bosses later wil be the wall boss for average guild ... guess time will tell

Any word on the recommended amount of healers for 10 man? We've found ourselves in the situation where we only have 2 healers and probably won't be able to recruit one until connected realms go live. If it's just a numbers thing we can probably deal with it, but if there are any mechanics that outright demand three we're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baromega View Post
    Any word on the recommended amount of healers for 10 man? We've found ourselves in the situation where we only have 2 healers and probably won't be able to recruit one until connected realms go live. If it's just a numbers thing we can probably deal with it, but if there are any mechanics that outright demand three we're screwed.
    2 is fine. It's actually probably better because most bosses don't have "high" healing requirements, they only appear when DPS is lacking: the best way to solve the issue is to bring more DPS. 2 healers is fine. On Immerseus it may suck because of how the healing/dps adds interact in the split phase, but healing CDs like Tranq, HTT and Divine Hymn (unfortunately Revival no longer works) all heal the adds which need to be healed so you can rotate them.

As for testing - Forgotten Protectors (2nd boss) was tested in 520 item level and honestly it's such an easy boss.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering ilvl scaling (still only a recent thing in the grand scheme of PTR testing) and the general flavour of the mechanics on those bosses, they should still be fairly easy. Certainly not 5.2-launch-normal-Horridon level for your average normal raider.

What bothers me more is their comment that they're happy with a high level of "personal responsibility" in the raids. That to me pretty much screams "Bring 110% or don't bother" which seems a bit extreme for Normal raids (and of course is perfectly fine for heroic mode). I'm afraid that with Flex they're going to add more "Mess up even a bit, wipe the raid" mechanics in Normal mode since they can fall back on Flex as an excuse and segregate the playerbase even more.