Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Soccer coach accused of having sex with 2 teens

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22...x-with-2-teens

I don't know man... 16 and 17 and 23 isn't such a great difference, some might even say she's still a kid herself depending on her actions. Considering those two boys knew exactly what they were doing, I would say just let them be if they didn't file those charges themselves.

On the other hand, if roles were reversed the coach would get 300 years in prison. I'm really torn on this one.

Deleted
    If I were in the coach's position, I would have never done that. Not because it's wrong but because this shit ALWAYS gets out and lands you in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I would say just let them be if they didn't file those charges themselves.
    We have rules for a reason she broke the rules , now she must face the penalty for those actions. While you might think it's "ok" it has been decreed not to be ok according to the law .

On the other hand, if roles were reversed the coach would get 300 years in prison. I'm really torn on this one.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of...erica#Michigan
    Michigan

The age of consent in Michigan is 16 and there is no close in age exception, unless one is an authority figure in which case the age of consent is 18.

750.520d Criminal sexual conduct in the third degree; felony. Sec. 520d. (1) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the third degree if the person engages in sexual penetration with another person and if any of the following circumstances exist: (a) That other person is at least 13 years of age and under 16 years of age...
    They are throwing the book at her, what can they do but charge her for what they think she did?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    We have rules for a reason she broke the rules , now she must face the penalty for those actions. While you might think it's "ok" it has been decreed not to be ok according to the law .
    I understand that.... But is criminal sexual conduct the same as rape?

Deleted
    In before someone mentions rape culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    if it was rape they would have charged her with rape. He posted what the law states above and it has nothing to do with rape. Adults aren't supposed to have sex with minors. What part of that is confusing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Came to mind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of...erica#Michigan

They are throwing the book at her, what can they do but charge her for what they think she did?
    First I think it's not okay from their parents to press charges against her. Everything would have been fine and dandy if she wasn't their coach, thus a person of authority towards them. 16 and 17 both fall under exceptions of criminal sexual conduct. The offender has to meet additional requirements.

Next thing is, I'm kinda sure that if this coach was male, this would have been a clear rape case since the teens were drunk.

I would do her. Even when i was 16.

No. Having consensual sex with a minor is criminal sexual conduct, but isn't rape because it was consensual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Came to mind
    That was reddits version of it after it was found out she was fairly attractive.

Either way it was a stupid move on her part, having sex with a teenager guy, that isn't going to be kept a secret. He is going to brag about it and it will get out and screw you over (no pun intended) in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    if it was rape they would have charged her with rape. He posted what the law states above and it has nothing to do with rape. Adults aren't supposed to have sex with minors. What part of that is confusing?
    The part where 16 is actually the age of consent and the only thing that has gotten her into shit is her role as a coach.

However, if you add in the fact that she got them drunk, it's even rape I would say. So if they want to charge her, they should do it properly.

Deleted

I don't know man... 16 and 17 and 23 isn't such a great difference, some might even say she's still a kid herself depending on her actions. Considering those two boys knew exactly what they were doing, I would say just let them be if they didn't file those charges themselves.

I assumes that it was voluntary sex and the teens did have the right age of consent. But she still shall have a slap on the wrist because she was there teacher and the teens here students.

Deleted
    Don't see why something like this should ever even end up in court. Shit, if I had a 17 year old and he came home one night and said he got drunk and fucked an attractive woman I'd think "working as intended".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Don't see why something like this should ever even end up in court. Shit, if I had a 17 year old and he came home one night and said he got drunk and fucked an attractive woman I'd think "working as intended".
    Sexual discrimination. You wouldn't think that if you had a daughter.

I guess she..
    - wanted to show how good she was with balls
    - got them to the sideline for a quick blow
    - scored quite a lot
    - just wanted to warm up

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Sexual discrimination. You wouldn't think that if you had a daughter.
    Because men and women and not the same. Not everyone buys into this full equality thing. Equality ends where biology begins. But let's please not take out our clubs and stones next.

The part where 16 is actually the age of consent and the only thing that has gotten her into shit is her role as a coach.

However, if you add in the fact that she got them drunk, it's even rape I would say. So if they want to charge her, they should do it properly.
    If they charge her with rape they have to PROVE she raped them. Since they were above age of consent but she was in a position of authority, they think they can get her for Criminal Sexual Misconduct. A rape case would be a lot harder to prove, especially if there were no BAC tests or anything. You would have to prove that there was sexual contact AND that it was unwilling on the side of the two guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I guess she..
    - wanted to show how good she was with balls
    - got them to the sideline for a quick blow
    - scored quite a lot
    - just wanted to warm up
    You really should have stayed with the first punchline...