Deleted

Flame shock tracking

Is there any addon to track flame shock on multiple targets? I want to see the durations when I have multiple up but I cant find any addon for it.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite hard to track multiple flame shocks. Even when I add swap it tends to just chuck a hissy fit.

Ive got Power Auras set up to do it at the moment, I find that to be the best. But if you use Shock and Awe you can also configure that to do it in a nice bar format.

I use WeakAuras to track mine. You can customize you're own way of tracking it. And you can find several templates online for it.

Heey,

I Find it more easy to track my FS by using tidy plates/threatplates.
    There u can see the flameshock on the nameplate and the seconds that are still left on that flameshock.

By useing Weakaura's i know Endus made a nice set of bars to track several Cd's for all of the shaman specs.

(Since im not allowed to post links maybe someone else can post it here ) threat 1188644-Endus-Shaman-Auras

Cheers and Good luck,

~izefia~

+1 for endus' weak auras here. They're great. I added trackers for my two RPPM trinkets and my metagem to the side. Now whenever I have a haste proc I make sure to refresh FS at some point. I'm sure some will say it's not a DPS gain, but with the 4pc I'll take every extra LvB proc I can get.

EDIT: elvui bossframes/healthbars both show DOTS and more than suffice for multitarget, prior to that I had tidyplates and they worked great too
    Last edited by hatchetman240; 2013-08-29 at 04:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    +1 to tidy plates

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

While I don't use it myself, tidy plates is very nice to track the DoT in multiple targets. Other option for bosses is too use addons that keep track of multiple boss targets like Shadowed Unit Frames
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    I use tidy plates and tellmewhen, tellmewhen is used for trinket procs and cooldowns aswell as single target flame shock and I just pop up my tidyplates when i'm running 3+ adds

Does the flame shock dot snapshot like lock dots? If so, worth refreshing when you get procs and letting it run the whole 30 sec before refreshing again?

ForteXorcist will show you how many flame shocks you have.

Quote Originally Posted by twoplusone View Post
    Does the flame shock dot snapshot like lock dots? If so, worth refreshing when you get procs and letting it run the whole 30 sec before refreshing again?
    it is not worth it to refresh it cause of some procs, from the damage pov. if your fs is running off anyway soon and you have some strong haste procs it makes sense to cast fs earlier as the haste is snapshot and so you could get more lavasurge procs (this is the only benefit your will get). but it is some minor profit not comparable to warlocks benefit and if the fs cast is locking a 7 shield es I'm sure some math guys would say it is a dps lose using fs earlier

15+ Year Old Account
    Would it be weird to say Tidy Plates AND Weak Auras?

I think you should have Tidy Plates no matter WHAT and should be utilizing that as much as you can, however supplemental and more full fledged than that would be Weak Auras.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Would it be weird to say Tidy Plates AND Weak Auras?
    well I have both
    wa for my main target and tp i'm using when I want to dot multiple targets (not such common for elemental but on my mage or moonkin^^)
    I used raven in the past which creates a bar for each dot and when you mouse over a targe it is also recognized by the bar so you can "track" what enemy is what bar.
    best solution I would like to see is some bars to track the dots and which I can click on to get them as target to aply a new dot. that is why I use tp now.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Tidy Plates last night on my DPS and thats my new favourite.

Problem I had with others and this may just be my retarded addon configuration, is when I would deselect the target, I couldnt track that dot.

Tidy Plates makes it easier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    I tried Tidy Plates last night on my DPS and thats my new favourite.

Problem I had with others and this may just be my retarded addon configuration, is when I would deselect the target, I couldnt track that dot.

Tidy Plates makes it easier.
    I forget when I stared to use it, I think it was early WotLK but it made a WORLD of a difference. It's been a must have since then.

Another great addon that I've come to love is TimeToDie. It estimates the time left on the boss before kill at your current DPS rate to help you judge when to use your CDs better. Definitely useful regardless of class!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature