Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    What were your absorbs from SS?
    Usually averaging about 35-55k in 10m.

Highest I could get was cheesing on shamans, pushing V up to ~150k, for a ~75k shield.

Got up to ~300k V on trash, and it almost felt like the "good old days", aka Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

I only got down the 1st 2 last night and I used ss on the 1st boss and ef on the 2nd. I took hesoftfoot and barely needed any help staying up at all with ef, although I could really notice my dps being down factoring in everything new from the 5.4 changes.

Deleted
    Cleared 4/4 Flex and got up to, and a few attempts in on, Galakras tonight. Once you get used to using EF at the right time, the synergy it has with DP, coupled with the sheer throughput, is amazing. I'm pretty sure that I was getting enough free SotRs out of EF with DP that I was averaging around one lost SotR per minute using EF instead of SS. Was sitting on 150k'ish vengeance multiple times on Norushen, and barely drew any attention from the healers. The tank meta is also insanely awesome compared to the previous edition - would definitely recommend a switch to it.

Deleted
    Got 9/14 last night (Yes, I feel dead. >_<), and while on some bosses it was really awkward. It wasn't that bad.

With that said, for Imerseous and Galakras it was a pain, as my BoG stack fall off kind of often. (The Split takes too long, and the adds die too fast.) On IJuggernaut it was fun. Will se the remaining few tonight. Right now I need sleep. Lots of it---
    Last edited by mmoc0083755d71; 2013-09-12 at 09:09 AM.

Almost managed to solo tank Iron Juggernaut last night but the 300k dot eventually got me (other tank died at 65%ish) - that made for some impressive EF ticks. (in the 200k range iirc)
    So far the only issue I have with EF is getting used to keeping track of BoG stacks /: and to stop pressing my SS hotkey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Almost managed to solo tank Iron Juggernaut last night but the 300k dot eventually got me (other tank died at 65%ish) - that made for some impressive EF ticks. (in the 200k range iirc)
    So far the only issue I have with EF is getting used to keeping track of BoG stacks /: and to stop pressing my SS hotkey.
    Theck has made great weakauras to track everything a prot pally could ever need. You can find them here: http://www.sacredduty.net/weakauras-strings/

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I have the same, its certainly something to get used to. I also keep hitting WOG followed by an sotr because my brain still thinks I have 3 HP to consume. It does seem like the better talent to roll with though.

Deleted
    To me it feels very fight dependant, I have been using it on every fight to test it out, once I get the 4p it is another story, but I can definately see some fights where I would rather use SS without the 4p.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    To me it feels very fight dependant, I have been using it on every fight to test it out, once I get the 4p it is another story, but I can definately see some fights where I would rather use SS without the 4p.
    Which fights do you mean? I think in fights where getting the 1st SS/EF up quickly is important, SS would be superior (Malkorok comes to mind).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Which fights do you mean? I think in fights where getting the 1st SS/EF up quickly is important, SS would be superior (Malkorok comes to mind).
    Feels like I need more testing before drawing more precise conclusions (as you pretty one-shot every singe stupid fight).

It felt like EF was extremely awkward without 4p on fights where you had tank swaps and times when you could not attack the boss. Just to take an easy example, Immersus, it was kinda tricky getting a decent EF up after the split. Also considering the only damage you actually take is from the breath, you do not really need the throughput.

EF was nice to heal adds on him though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthoxxx View Post
    Except that on Malkorok EF is clearly superior. (Read: Broken as hell...)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Feels like I need more testing before drawing more precise conclusions (as you pretty one-shot every singe stupid fight).

It felt like EF was extremely awkward without 4p on fights where you had tank swaps and times when you could not attack the boss. Just to take an easy example, Immersus, it was kinda tricky getting a decent EF up after the split. Also considering the only damage you actually take is from the breath, you do not really need the throughput.

EF was nice to heal adds on him though.
    I tested EF last night and I agree. I ended up just casting it on my off-tank when I wasn't tanking or helped out raid heals a bit if I saw someone dip really low.

My fear that I wouldn't have an OH CRAP WoG handy was assuaged by the fact that going from 0-5 stacks of BoG didn't take long at all (especially with lucky DP procs), but I'm looking forward to the 4P.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I tested EF last night and I agree. I ended up just casting it on my off-tank when I wasn't tanking or helped out raid heals a bit if I saw someone dip really low.

My fear that I wouldn't have an OH CRAP WoG handy was assuaged by the fact that going from 0-5 stacks of BoG didn't take long at all (especially with lucky DP procs), but I'm looking forward to the 4P.
    Yeah this is a major problem at least until 4pc. I think it's safe to just use SS, requires much less thinking to keep up. The 4/5 stack emergency WoG often has saved my life, losing it on EF(as you maybe barely have time to get 5 stacks back before having to use EF again) is kind of annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Except that on Malkorok EF is clearly superior. (Read: Broken as hell...)
    Yeah, noticed that too when we actually fought him yesterday.

Deleted
    Been using SS for our full clear. Felt very lackluster to me so I'm going to be using EF next week and see what that's like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post

Thats what kept me from switching to EF too, losing this LoH-like-5BoG-high vengeance-WoG heal on myself. :/