LFR - Curiousity (Not a complaint thread - but a legitimate question)

So, I got bored on my main and decided to play my alliance alt on another server. My alliance alt is 85 and when played I did it very casually and did a lot of transmog runs.
    Anway I was looking though my sets and noticed I was still missing the LFR Tier 13 chest which drops from LFR Dragon Soul. I have now tried on several occasions to queue (even as tank) and the queue never pops. The group never fills and I eventually lose interest and drop.
    Thinking of this, I wondered why the opportunity to queue as a 90 for older LFRs is not available. It wouldn't detract from the game experience and would actually allow LFRs to fill with higher levels looking for transmog or quest items (not an issue with dragon soul but could be a problem in the future since you can get quest items from MoP LFR).
    Does anyone know a reason this is removed? Its like once done, you can never go back and get that one transmog item you want to complete your set?
    Thoughts? and any idea how to present this to Blizzard?

Deleted
    I'm quite sure Blizzard is aware of this. The only thing I can imagine being a problem / reason for it not being available atm is the loot system.

If you would allow level 90s to queue to that LFR for Transmog reasons, the level 85s there that are effectively being boosted and actually Need the gear, will start an enormous shitstorm of qq over items that are needed on by the level 90s for Transmog, or "ah spec".

They would need to change the DS LFR system to the personal loot system for it to reasonably work properly, and I'm not sure if that's so easy to do as just turning a switch.

Then again, it *is* still possible to do LFR DS as a level 90 (only the last part of it, Ultraxion to Madness), but it requires a lot of effort

It'd be so much easier if you could use the normal difficulty gear to buy LFR gear.

But I don't really care about that gear, just a suggestion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    It'd be so much easier if you could use the normal difficulty gear to buy LFR gear.

But I don't really care about that gear, just a suggestion
    Not a bad idea really. They could put a vendor in the base of the temple where you can buy the LFR colors if you have the normal version

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    They would need to change the DS LFR system to the personal loot system for it to reasonably work properly, and I'm not sure if that's so easy to do as just turning a switch.
    They did, with the Mists of Pandaria pre-patch. DS LFR during the last month of Cata was an utter shitstorm of "WHERE IS THE LOOT?"