Five Common MMO-C Misconceptions:
1. If I'm burnt out on WoW, the game must be less exciting than it was in BC/Wrath.
2. If Guild Wars 2 can do it, WoW should have done it 4-9 years ago.
3. Anything I don't get free is another way to milk the players for money.
4. "Don't hate me because I disagree" is a good way to shut down dissenting arguments.
5. GC is the root of all WoW's problems. Now that he is gone the game will be perfect again.
I don't see why we are debating the issue. There is no should about it, pure DPS do more damage than hybrids right now. Now whether or not that is something that should be by whatever margin is another thing. Personally, I find it absurd to discuss a 5% hybrid tax over pures when they have a bad enough time achieving parity among the separate classes and specs that tossing in arbitrary value of distinction such as 5% or 10% is downright farcical.
You wanna off heal in raids, roll a hybrid, because right now with a de facto hybrid tax already in place many hybrids are considering (if they havnt already) rerolling mages or warlocks.
2. Hybrid-tax is only a context, you will probably never notice this in game. It's a psychological thing to keep people with "pure-classes" happy.
3. The difference in Classic/TBC had nothing to do with taxing, it had everything to do with bad balance.
Let me tell you about Hybrid tax and what it does:
Pure classes are happy because they are intended to top the meters.
Hybrid classes are happy because they are actually topping the meters.
Conclusion: Everyone is happy in the game.
Rogues - recup
mage - evocate heal urself
warlock - all their bs mechanics
hunter - feign, deterence do a double backflip
What makes a pure a pure has been gone for along time now.
This week on my weekly podcast show, here, it's Christmas time and things start to get a little fun and festive!
Personally I feel if they want to leave in the hybrid tax they need to strip healing from pure classes as well as some utility and give it back to the hybrids like it was in TBC. Since we're not likely to see that ever happen though they should just do away with the hybrid tax because frankly at this point the lines between hybrid and pure are far to blurred with all classes being able to heal or pure classes providing even more utility then some hybrids.
Lol no. If you ask me, there should be zero heals in posession of any spec beyond a healer one. Then, when all this shit removed, all non-healer specs should be given def cooldowns based not on raid healing but on mitigating incoming damage instead and/or dps increase cooldowns. Then, when this part is finished, damage of all dps specs should be made equal.
- Playing healer sucks nowadays since every random spec has a healing ability. We, healers, are perfectly capable of doing our job in raids and we need no "help" in pure healing.
- We healers can't tank anything, can't help tanking anything, can't equally dps. Then why the hell should tanks and dps do our job?
- It is a very much shit design if you can't reach #1 in charts just because you play wrong class. Until such class disparity exists, no words can be spoken about "balance".
- Blizz should make classes that do less damage because of hybrid tax to posess some valueable abilities which no pure specs have. Because you can't make pure dps classes like warlock or warrior that bring a shitton of utility while owning meters, and in the same time some hybrids like SP bring miserable utility while doing miserable damage.
Last edited by l33t; 2013-08-15 at 07:30 PM.
-I still prefer my healer to anything else, those minuscule self-heals don't impact my ability to top meters.
That small heal that rogues (and other classes) have do not impact the fun I have when playing my healer.
-DPS don't want to heal? They need a survival tool for solo'ing.
-I have seen every class top the meters, most of the time it is skill and gear involved.
Shadow Priests doing crappy damage has nothing to do with hybrid tax.
If I had the final say in tweeking stats and abilities the DPS Chart would be topped by pure DPS with DPS/Tanks bouncing around in there. (Mage, Warlock, Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Death Knight) Then Hybrids with the most inconsistent or complicated Offhealing. (Cat, Boomkin, Retribution, Windwalker) Then finishing up with the strongest offhealing DPS staying near or on the bottom. (Shadow Priests, Elemental and Enhancement)
It really doesn't make any sense to see Enhancement Shaman and Retribution Paladins placing in the top at different gear levels throughout a patch when they bring so much raid utility. No Shaman, Druid, Paladin, Monk (If they continue with adding healing buffs to Windwalker's 5.4 toolset.) or Priest should ever be near the top DPS.
I'll still out dps you /mage lol. Anyhow I am conflicted in this personally. I get that hybrids are dpsing and such may never have intent to heal or tank what have you. I just feel if things are going to be equal please give classes that bring little to the group besides damage should have something. Now a days it isn't about buffs its all about the raid cd's and as a mage I don't care (okay I do a bit) about my self survival its helpful on somethings but I don't feel like I'm helping my raid, the biggest help I do for my raid is I kill mobs fast, I don't do anything outside of that. When I'm on my warrior I feel beneficial to the group when I use rally or demo banner (usually both together) because I can sit there and be like "oh people dying let me help them out" (obviously in raids they're organized into groupings to be used). On my mage when people start dying I can't do anything to help them besides sit there and keep killing things...
Daft Punk Forever!