10+ Year Old Account

Holy Priest spell changes: Ideas

Hai Guys!

So I don't know if it's the slow dull lull of 5.3 taking it's toll but just some ideas I had, nothing to revolutionary I think a lot of this has been discussed here over the year(s). Anywho numbers, CDs, SP scaling can always be tweaked. Mostly just reworks. Let me know what you think!

First off:

Holy Word Chastise becomes baseline for Disc and Holy priests. Holy word Sanctuary in its current form removed. Holy Word: Serenity becomes baseline for Holy Priests.

Chakra: The thought is you choose between below, they are all on the same CD.

Instant 3min Cd
    5% of Base Mana
    Requires Priest (Holy)
    Requires level 26

Serenity
    Increases the healing done by single-target healing spells by 20%, on all targets within 40 yards for 10 seconds.

Sancutary
    Increases the healing done by area of effect healing spells by 20%, on all targets within 40 yards for 10 seconds.

Chastise
    Increases the damage done by friendly players by 10% within 40 yards for 10 seconds.

---
    Holy Word: Serenity
    Instant 20 sec cooldown
    Requires Priest (Holy)
    Holy Word: Serenity
    Instantly heals the target for 14367 to 16517 [+ 130% of SpellPower], and increases the critical effect chance of your healing spells on the target by 15% for 6 sec. Any critical direct healing spells on the target cast by the priest will place an Aura of Sanctuary on the target.
    ----
    Aura of Sanctuary
    Passive
    Requires Priest (Holy)
    Any critical effect of your healing spells will create a Holy Word: Sanctuary underneath the target. Blessing the ground with divine light, healing all within it for 361 to 447 [+ 5.83% of SpellPower] every 2 sec for 15 sec. Only three Sanctuaries can be active at the same time. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area.
    -----
    Glyph: Prayer of Healing
    Major Glyph
    Requires Priest
    Removes the group restriction on Prayer of Healing making it a smart heal but increases mana cost by 10% and reduces the throughput by 10%

My thought we these two below was trying to find an mechanic to buff Holy mana regen without making it too OP. The thought with the first one is really just to have a choice. My thought behind Voice of Chorus was to be able to utilize temporary spirit buffs gained from procs or "encouter awareness" to regenerate mana. You could use it when you know there is a lull and you can afford the cost perhaps in before a phase change.

-----
    Glyph of Mindbending
    Minor Glyph
    Requires Priest
    When the Mindbender attacks Caster receives a buff stacking up to X times. When the mindbender dies or despawns it creates an undispellable effect which regenerates 1.46% mana per X over 15 seconds.
    -----
    Voice of the Chorus
    Instant 1 minute CD
    10% of Base Mana
    Requires Priest (Holy)
    Causes the priest to generate 9% of Base Mana over 15 seconds

15+ Year Old Account
    PoH being a smartheal (Which it would be, that glyph would be mandatory). would be #1 OP and #2 it would be making the class really boring if PoH becomes a smartheal as well. We have enough of those. PoH, well especially in 25man then, is perfect as it is. But yeah as a Holypriest I guess 10manners get hit harder with spells that aren't perfectly balanced for a small raidgroup.

Deleted
    PoH isnt hard in 10man either.
    As long as you set the groups correct.

I place me self with the melee and position me self in a way i hit all 5 with PoH most of the times, same thing with ranged.
    PoH is fine imo.

Dont like the Swiftmend Idea, with Renew and Swiftmend and CoH basicly doing what Wild Growth does i would feel to much like a Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    PoH being a smartheal (Which it would be, that glyph would be mandatory). would be #1 OP and #2 it would be making the class really boring if PoH becomes a smartheal as well. We have enough of those. PoH, well especially in 25man then, is perfect as it is. But yeah as a Holypriest I guess 10manners get hit harder with spells that aren't perfectly balanced for a small raidgroup.
    My thought was to compensate by increasing the mana cost and decreasing the throughput of the spell. Trying to make it more of an active choice so you can have the smart heal but at a cost.

Also if Chastise was like that we'd pretty much be required to always use it and people would stack Holy Priests.

All they really have to do is remove the 25% punishment from each Chakra and everything would be fine.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not gonna lie there's no way anyone would allow a Holy Priest to waste a cooldown on extra healing when the raid could be doing 10% increased damage for 10s. There would only be Holy Priests healing 25s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Also if Chastise was like that we'd pretty much be required to always use it and people would stack Holy Priests.

All they really have to do is remove the 25% punishment from each Chakra and everything would be fine.
    So make the buff non-stackable. Personally I've never been a fan of the stances, I want to see them gone. Initially my thought was to have a raid CD that did very little on it's own but buffed other healers raid cd's in various ways like distant symbiosis relative but it got waaay to complicated so I cba so what I was trying to do is make it more intersting by making it a raid choice dependant on the encouter but I suppose more deeps wins 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post

Yes. Maybe a little utility wouldnt go amiss.

Deleted
    Holy priest should be the "master of healing" but it feels sometimes that other healers can do things better because they of course have their niches.

Still I think the worst problems for me is Chakra and not having couple nice cooldowns. So to fix both these problems I would like to have Chakra as cooldown. Bake the numbers in as passive for holy priest. Serenity could be too op, but still increased crit chance and instant single target heals for like 10s or something. Great for pvp and in raiding if tank takes high spike damage in some point of the fight. Maybe leave the whole renewing renew thingie. Sanctuary could make your POM and POH crits leave aoe-effect like what sanctuary is now. Of course shorther and make it scale with the spell and spell effect not so obscene.

These sound and most likely would be too op, but I would like to have something else than boring numbers

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Voice of the Chorus
    Instant 1 minute CD
    10% of Base Mana
    Requires Priest (Holy)
    Causes the priest to generate 9% of Base Mana over 15 seconds
    I must be misunderstanding this or something, but why would I want to spend 10% mana to get 9% mana back?

Re: PoH. I don't think the group restriction is that bad in 10 or 25 man provided you arrange groups accordingly, definitely not bad enough to use a glyph that increases mana cost and nerfs healing. Where it does suck is in Flex when you have half a group, or when multiple people in a group have died. I know I shouldn't, but in situations like that I usually end up neglecting to ever PoH that group because it feels like a waste of mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

The main problem with holy priests is that they heal the same when they're in a chakra state, as other classes when they're out of it. So why not just buff up all healing by 5-10%, and when you're in a chakra state, you only get a 10% bonus to that healing (as opposed to the current 25%). I feel like we're really being held down by the simple fact that we can't heal both AoE and Single Target at the same time, as well as other healers. I mean, we can, but provided there's a 30 second gap between the casts. Also, nothing wrong with Sanctuary's concept, just needs to do about twice as much healing as it does :x.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2013-08-17 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Halo: Your Halo spell now heals all players in range for 80% of the total, regardless of distance.

Glyph of Divine Star: Your Divine Star also refreshes the duration of the following buffs on the target at their current amount: Divine Aegis, Spirit Shell, Renew, Echo of Light, but increases the cooldown by 5 seconds.

Glyph of Cascade: Increases the number of bounces by 1 and the travel speed by 50% but decreases the amount of healing per target by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Glyph of Halo: Your Halo spell now heals all players in range for 80% of the total, regardless of distance.

Glyph of Divine Star: Your Divine Star also refreshes the duration of the following buffs on the target at their current amount: Divine Aegis, Spirit Shell, Renew, Echo of Light, but increases the cooldown by 5 seconds.

Glyph of Cascade: Increases the number of bounces by 1 and the travel speed by 50% but decreases the amount of healing per target by 10%.
    Glyph of Halo would just turn Halo into Holy Nova with a larger AoE. I'm not sure how I feel about Divine Star, specifically being able to refresh Echo of Light seems a bit overboard. And as for Cascade, that's largely useless - you don't really benefit from an extra bounce, and it travels pretty damn fast as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s