View Poll Results: We NEED new character models ASAP!

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want new vanilla models immediately!

338 88.48%
  • No! We can wait a bit longer. I'd prefer 2 new races instead.

44 11.52%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People often forget also they are not just updating models, they are updating the skeletons aswell to give them more flexibility
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Let's not underestimate the laziness that Blizzard apparently seems to have... but yes, I expect Blizzcon to have the updated WoW race models.
    What a dumb comment. Blizzard works their asses off to put out good products.

No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

I'm all in for new models over new races.

But only if they update the Blood Elves and Draenei also.

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Because Garrosh is a raid boss and they were heading off the anti-reuse faction. If we were going to kill Baine or Lor'themar, they would have gotten their updates shown.

So I guess we going to kill Vol'jin right, because he did get his model updated. I'm still waiting to kill Thrall his model has been updated since CATA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There is a good chance that the old player models are causing new players to not play WoW. Let's face it; Graphics are a huge part of people enjoying and playing games. When a game looks dated, it can be a turn off for younger players, or people who have never played WoW before. That trailer looked great, and it looked like it came from a modern game. However, those vanilla character models look like they came from 2004.
    More like it's CERTAIN that graphics PLAY A ROLE in making not only new players, but people who already played and left, to not come to WoW.

Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    So I guess we going to kill Vol'jin right, because he did get his model updated.
    Nope, he got a reskin. Garrosh got his whole skeleton changed.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

If I count correctly, Blizzard has to make 20 new models from scratch. Lots of work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Vol'jin definitely got a new skeleton. It's not a huge a difference as Garrosh's update, but still different

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    If I count correctly, Blizzard has to make 20 new models from scratch. Lots of work

- - - Updated - - -

Vol'jin definitely got a new skeleton. It's not a huge a difference as Garrosh's update, but still different
    What makes you think new models won't need new skeletons?

To add more bones to enable them to wiggle individual fingers or show facial expressions would require an update of the model, the skeleton, and the animations.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You don't MMOC would have posted the different animations that his new skeleton had then? Look at his model again. His fingers are still glued. Garrosh's are not. Besides Vol'jin's model looks crap compared to the Pandaren. While Garrosh's doesn't.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I'd like new character models but lets face it.... when you are actually playing the game how often do you actually see the detail of your characters face ? You spend the whole time you are actually playing the game looking at the back of your characters head and so detail of the face is pretty pointless.

The only time improved character detail is going to be noticed is when you are afking in cities staring at your character or on the login screen,
    New, younger players will not join this game if they see the blocky old models. I tried to create a new char the other day. It struck me as how unrefine the old models were. I don't even want to use the old race as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Yes, lets not underestimate the laziness that has brought one of the most content-heavy expansions in WoW's history, with several great raids (and Siege is shaping up to be awesome as well) less than a year in.

If you actually had a clue how much work goes into creating, rigging and animating new models, each of which has a unique skeleton/art/animation set (not to mention multiple texture/mesh variations, like hair models and skintones), you would know better than to make ignorant remarks like this.
    Way to disregard my second post on this.

Let me reiterate on what I meant by 'laziness'. Blizzard has promised us new character models since early Cataclysm (if I recall), and then in early Mists of Pandaria (and with all the new models being done by the time MoP goes live, if I recall). They said the dwarf was done, but didn't say if any other race models were done.

I'm not saying Blizzard was /lazy/ this expansion, or any other expansion really. Maybe 'laziness' wasn't the right choice of a word.
    Last edited by TheRealDavidTwo; 2013-08-18 at 11:39 PM.

I'd take new models over new races, but if I had my way we'd have both.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'd take new models over new races, but if I had my way we'd have both.

True. I'd prefer having both the new player models and a class/two races.

I mean, the player models are a requirement for me, but I'd prefer having both. (either a new class or one/two new races)
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

I see you don't know the difference between models, skins, and skeletons.

Vol'jin got a new model, with a new skin. However, he still uses the old troll skeleton. Garrosh got a new model, with a new skin, along with a brand new skeleton.

I hope they update night elves to look more like they should... We all know they need it, garrys model is great for orcs, vol'jins and that female troll boss in ToT are good for trolls, lets see some elven models!

I'm really curious what the updated Undeads will look like. Hopefully they'll show the models at Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbirdman View Post
    I'm really curious what the updated Undeads will look like. Hopefully they'll show the models at Blizzcon.
    I know. All my characters are Dwarves, but Forsaken are the new models I'm most excited to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I know. All my characters are Dwarves, but Forsaken are the new models I'm most excited to see.
    I doubt it, but I hope they look more similar to the one from the first cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    There's one question I haven't seen answered yet, so I'd like to pose it to you guys and hopefully get a response. I'm all for seeing the new models & animations coming, but why are so many people thinking that's the ONLY thing involved in making a new race? A new race has to have the proper background, the introduction, the cinematics, the zones with all their art assets, the quests, the items, the racials, the armor designs, the models & animations, and the voices.

If you're choosing just new models & animations over one or two new races, where will all that other development go, and how can Blizzard make it visible to show us they're not simply cutting out all that extra stuff?
    Any answers yet...? -Looks around expectantly- I'm primarily looking for constructive feedback, but I will admit this is slightly addressed towards those who'd gladly see races thrown away for new models & animations.

My deviantART

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    Wrong, they said it was something they wanted to do since wotlk, since cata its be confirmed multiple times that it is a priority and they have been working on them for quite a while.
    Dude, things that are really a priority do not take 4 years. We have had 3 new races added to the game in that time, all with brand new models.