Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    (You had to gem for stamina back then to try to up your HP amount to the 3 shot range).
    it was the most accepted form of tanking to be a stam stacker. there were however plenty of very skilled tanks who ran avoidance builds and cleared the content.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs, in full BiS gear with double stam trinkets+stam flask+buffs, hit 1mil baseline.

Bears are recieving a HUGE stamina buff next patch that causes them to have the most HP out of ANY tank- my HP is 700k now, will be close to 900k once the patch hits.

Consider also that there is going to be a HUGE 30+ ilvl increase from this tier to next tier. Thats a 45% increase in the amount of stamina on gear people!

So, yea- DKs/Druids will end the tier in pretty close to 1.4 mil HP- Paladins/Monks, a bit over a million, Warriors barely touching a million WITHOUT going for stamina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud777 View Post
    Its still cool to see. I remember 100,000 being a ton lol.
    I remember people with the ICC buff in Wrath that had 60K-ish health and that was MASSIVE, with all heroic gear. Now it just looks small ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I remember people with the ICC buff in Wrath that had 60K-ish health and that was MASSIVE, with all heroic gear. Now it just looks small ._.
    the icc buff is still there IIRC. soemone with 1.2mill should go in and get the (35%?) buff and take a screenie. plus pop vampiric blood/last stand/rallying etc. stam food
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the icc buff is still there IIRC. soemone with 1.2mill should go in and get the (35%?) buff and take a screenie. plus pop vampiric blood/last stand/rallying etc. stam food
    It's about as honest as everything else they've tried to use to sell the squish.

1 mil HP is awesome. 10 mil would be just as awesome. Why do people want to ruin that with a retarded squish? Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhapso View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6hcl-4KDHo

This is nothing new, 1m was long reachable even in low gear.
    It's not the way to go for most progress bosses and it sure won't be in the future - but with 5.4 it will be standard for most geared tanks to be >1M, with the exceptions of monks ofc.
    Please, explain to me, WHY will monks not be able to reach 1 mil HP, when they go for Stamina about the same as any other tank (Hit in blue sockets till capped then Stamina if you match the colors), have MORE stamina then Warriors (25% modifier compared to Warriors 10% modifier, and Paladins 15% modifier), and utilize similar trinkets compared to other tanks (Only time a tank goes with a stam trinket now is when they NEED the extra stamina to help them survive mechanics- Lei Shei magic spam, ect).

As far as I know, Monks recieve the SAME amount of HP per baseline point of stamina as ANY other class- 17. Different classes recieving different amounts of HP from Stamina was fixed during WRATH when Shamans recieved 9 hp per stamina compared to all other classes getting 10 hp per stamina- Shamans were also given 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Please, explain to me, WHY will monks not be able to reach 1 mil HP, when they go for Stamina about the same as any other tank (Hit in blue sockets till capped then Stamina if you match the colors), have MORE stamina then Warriors (25% modifier compared to Warriors 10% modifier, and Paladins 15% modifier), and utilize similar trinkets compared to other tanks (Only time a tank goes with a stam trinket now is when they NEED the extra stamina to help them survive mechanics- Lei Shei magic spam, ect).

As far as I know, Monks recieve the SAME amount of HP per baseline point of stamina as ANY other class- 17. Different classes recieving different amounts of HP from Stamina was fixed during WRATH when Shamans recieved 9 hp per stamina compared to all other classes getting 10 hp per stamina- Shamans were also given 10.
    They will probably be able to hit 1 mil with stam build, but to go stam on a monk requires the fight to be VERY exceptional, as they will lose almost all of their tools

Btw if you end up at around 1.4mil raid buffed, try glyping Might of Ursoc (Last stand) for the 50% hp increase, instead of 30%= 2 mil hp see you

Deleted
    I remember, back in the good old days, When we started to do karazan raid, and i had 19k and i felt so strong as a druid tank.

1 Million HP doesn't really say anything. There was a DK advertising in trade that he is a "Monster DK with top world parses and 1 million hp raid buffed". Upon inspection, all gems and enchants were pure stamina, armorying his character, I found he had 12% Parry, 6% dodge, 60% Mastery in 520 ilvl gear.

My Blood DK is 535ilvl with 215% mastery, and I started to go into Haste from 225% mastery and have 750-800k hp raid buffed.
    Not only do I parse in the top 5 effortlessly for Blood DK damage done per fight, but I also will rarely ever go below 80% hp for any fight.

So i'm not sure what parses he's getting, maybe it's getting his healers top parses for bombing heals on him for an entire fight, but one thing is for sure... Stamina does not mean anything what so ever when it comes to tanking. I mean, it does but the difference compared to EF HP/ mitigation compared to pure stamina is just miles in between. Especially druids, typically known to have a lot of hp with dodge and mastery/crit as their go-to, but a squish is coming up and it's not due to tank health.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs, in full BiS gear with double stam trinkets+stam flask+buffs, hit 1mil baseline.

Bears are recieving a HUGE stamina buff next patch that causes them to have the most HP out of ANY tank- my HP is 700k now, will be close to 900k once the patch hits.

Consider also that there is going to be a HUGE 30+ ilvl increase from this tier to next tier. Thats a 45% increase in the amount of stamina on gear people!

So, yea- DKs/Druids will end the tier in pretty close to 1.4 mil HP- Paladins/Monks, a bit over a million, Warriors barely touching a million WITHOUT going for stamina.

bis, buffs and flasks=/= baseline

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Squish is all but confirmed now.

No way they'd go for 10 million next expansion...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I think what they are saying is that he is stacking stam at the cost of other stats. (also in pvp gear)
    The resilience has nothing to do with pvp gear since it does not have resilience on it anymore. They increased base resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    My Blood DK is 535ilvl with 215% mastery, and I started to go into Haste from 225% mastery and have 750-800k hp raid buffed.
    Not only do I parse in the top 5 effortlessly for Blood DK damage done per fight, but I also will rarely ever go below 80% hp for any fight.

So i'm not sure what parses he's getting.
    trade chat heroes love to glorify themselves with stamina gems and self praising praise. Ask him for a link to his logs and see him log off quickly. lol
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud777 View Post
    Its still cool to see. I remember 100,000 being a ton lol.
    100k was never a ton because that was what people had as a fresh 85 and people had around 115k in epics by then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Well the Squish is all but confirmed now.

No way they'd go for 10 million next expansion...
    source? from what ive read gc said he hasnt confirmed anything but player stat reduction may be coming soon

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    source? from what ive read gc said he hasnt confirmed anything but player stat reduction may be coming soon
    Nothing says they won't go for 10 million. But nothing says they will, either.

IMO we've hit the threshold of stupidity in stats at this point. At the absolute least they need to squish the Cata/MoP iLevels before we are talking about 10 million health on players, and trillions of health on bosses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

And thats why Item Squish is needed.

Having 1mil HP is alright, the problem comes from the scale for the bosses to match our stats which leads to stupid numbers, 3.994.324.567, and thats a plain stupid number, or live example Lei Shen with his 1,747,600,896, the number just looks stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Is that actually possible? I did break 10k on my hunter at level 67-68 but I was using pretty good gear with a lot of epic Wrath gems....

Was fun in BGs for sure.
    He said 10k hp in TBC You said wrath gems so its obv in wrath... are you that braindead

Our blood dk is hitting 900k atm and hes not stacking that much stam
    Our Paladin is closing in on 900k and hes stacking haste

I can hit like 1.2mill with cds with crit gems in every socket and the stam trink from leishen normal