10+ Year Old Account

Tyrannical Gear will NOT be receiving an ilvl nerf once it goes honor.

Lightninghoof - US : @WoWNivan

Nice. But, we didn't expect it would be. The first tier of this patch clearly had the conquest gear set up to be able to compete with heroic raid gear in pvp. A new philosophy was born this patch, where gear would instead be downgraded for PvP specific content, and world pvp would become the wild west. A good example is that conquest gear was about as good in PvE as LFR gear was, and this patch, that isn't even the case- AND the gap between LFR and regular was widened.

It's clear that with honor gear being so easy to get, they didn't want 483 gear, as honor gear alone would be your best bet for entering LFR style content, and that is why they nerfed it (while giving it bonus stamina and pvp power to make it almost as good as the 483 gear in PvP).

Still, good to have confirmed.

One thing I asked was:

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/367867070467145729

I want to find out what the story is on the tyrannical primal diamond. Should we be stacking them up now?

It looks like they cost conquest on the PTR, but I don't know about their entry criteria. This means that spending conquest on one now saves you conquest next patch, so obviously that is good. And if you have to earn 25,000 fucking conquest next season to buy them, better buy one now for sure. Or if you need to be 2200, DEFINITELY better buy one now...

Would be stupid if it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Does this impact the tyrannical achieve for honor for tyrannical? I was just wondering in case I still wanted on OS and was hoping to have that same ilvl while in 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who is re rolling fotm next patch better start leveling their characters now. Once you hit 90, you can basically wait till the season ends and get all of that Tyrannical gear though bgs and be on par with everyone else next season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Anyone who is re rolling fotm next patch better start leveling their characters now. Once you hit 90, you can basically wait till the season ends and get all of that Tyrannical gear though bgs and be on par with everyone else next season.
    How exactly is that a bad thing?
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-08-16 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is a good thing since PvP is supposed to be about skill and strategy, not gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Which is a good thing since PvP is supposed to be about skill and strategy, not gear.
    This guy understands what pvp is about. Nice to see more likeminded people on these forums

Deleted
    The weapons will be nice and easy upgrades for my alts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    How exactly is that a bad thing?
    Where did I say it was a bad thing? I'm giving advice to lurkers who don't post but are looking to play something else.

Deleted
    Where did I say it was a bad thing? I'm giving advice to lurkers who don't post but are looking to play something else.
    Clearly the "tone" of your post was that it would be a bad thing since several of us interpreted it like that.
    Gratz if you didnt mean it because then you are one of the reasonable ones