Deleted

advice on monitors

looking to buy 2 monitors for my new computer build, would like to spend under £300 on them both, not sure if that is enough to get 2 good monitors, if anyone knows a good place to get good cheap ones please let me know , thanks

jamestoo

10+ Year Old Account
    scan.co.uk has a few Viewsonic monitors under 150 each in the 23-24" range.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    thanks, would u recommend any of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a fan of Viewsonics. I know they're not quite as good as some of the more expensive Dell's, but I've always been happy with them. Either of those ought to be just fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    LG IPS237L £157 (main) + LG EA53VQ £133 (secondary)

Both IPS, the first one is better quality so use that for main/gaming. You can hook up the main with HDMI and the second with DVI-D, just note you need to buy HDMI/DVI-D separately if you don't have any already. Or use one with VGA (DVI adapter).

Alternatively this one from Asus as secondary but it's not IPS:

Asus VE247H £142 (includes DVI cable)

Deleted
    this may be a dumb question, but can i only hook both up with hdmi if i have 2 grapihics cards? or can i get a cable that splits 1-2 connectors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Either works, but you shouldn't need a splitter for just two monitors. Depending on which outputs your video card you may need to use an HDMI for one and a DVI for the other, but most GPUs these days have at least three or four outputs on them.