Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down Are beards sexy?

Personally i hate beards, but i love a little bit of scruff. like a day or two growth max.

then they become gross.
    Hi

Deleted
    Some beards are sexy, but very few men can pull it off. Most either end up looking like a tramp, a neckbeard or have a thin scraggly beard.

Anything over 4 days begins to itch like hell so I remove it.

~3 days is what I like most on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really comment on whether they're sexy or not, but I don't mind the beard hair I grow, but what i hate is the mustache!

Not a woman, nor gay, so I can't comment on sexiness...but it would depend on the person (like everything else). I think Lethalfrag, for example (a twitch.tv streamer), looks much better with the beard. And it would look even better if he weren't growing it as part of a challenge and trimmed it a little bit.

A beard can look great; i've had mine for about two years and it's yet to have been a disadvantage. Nothing worse than one of those 'pube beards' that a lot of younger guys have these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Not a woman, nor gay, so I can't comment on sexiness...but it would depend on the person (like everything else). I think Lethalfrag, for example (a twitch.tv streamer), looks much better with the beard. And it would look even better if he weren't growing it as part of a challenge and trimmed it a little bit.
    I had to google him, but no way does a beard suit that guy, he looks like a crazy rasputin type.

It's tough to pull off the full beard without looking like a Jeremiah Weed moonshiner.

I've rocked the well trimmed and even stubble for a long time.

I like having (a well groomed) one.

A.) My wife likes it (says I look better with it than without it).
    B.) I look older. Which given my young face (still carded for buying rated R movies) can't hurt.

I say if a guy can pull it off, he should do it. Really helps structure the face a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they are not...

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    I don't know about sexiness, but it really differs from guy to guy. Most guys facial hair looks like pubes, which is disgusting... If it is thick, straight hair with good symmetry, you're on to a winner.

I can't stand beards that aren't properly maintained.

It takes a while to get a decent beard if you want a full beard.

Some can pull it off, but not everyone have the "hair" for it.. I don't have it atleast, i would look like an idiot if i tried to grow a beard.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't comment on sexiness, but I will say that you really have to have the right amount of growth for it look decent. I seem to have lucked out and can pull off a full beard and get complimented on it. It does require maintenance and trimming, though. If you get it past a certain point on the neck it just looks sloppy.

Right now I have a Van Dyke sans curl on the mustache until I get around to finding some mustache wax. This is close to what I've got: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WScottHancock.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I had to google him, but no way does a beard suit that guy, he looks like a crazy rasputin type.
    He looks homeless more like.

I have scar tissue on my jaw and chin from hockey and subsequently cannot grow facial hair in those patches, so I unfortunately am exempt from the "have a sexy beard" club Only way I could get away with it is to let that shit grow to Viking hero lengths to cover those gaps up.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    Some can pull it off, but not everyone have the "hair" for it.. I don't have it atleast, i would look like an idiot if i tried to grow a beard.
    My brother in law (a red head) rocks the patchy pube beard. Patch of curly pubes on the chin, patchy spots on the rest of his face, with gaps in it that look like the chest hair from 40 Year Old Virgin.

Not a good look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the length of beard and the face it's growing out of. Some guys just look like Santa or a dwarf to me (not sexy) whereas other guys with beards automatically make me drop my pants (very sexy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I have scar tissue on my jaw and chin from hockey and subsequently cannot grow facial hair in those patches, so I unfortunately am exempt from the "have a sexy beard" club Only way I could get away with it is to let that shit grow to Viking hero lengths to cover those gaps up.
    At that point you just get into braiding it and walking around in the winter without a shirt.

Gah! I completely forgot:

Don't like beards?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    At that point you just get into braiding it and walking around in the winter without a shirt.
    Sounds like a good way to be Technoviking.