Question Regarding Talents

Hey, I was wondering if exhilaration was a good talent for a survival hunter in pve. The reason I am asking is because I play with fairly high latency so I needed a larger heal in case I am in fire or something, but it shares a CD with Gift of The Narru, is this intended?

On an unrelated topic... how do you get to the Barrens Dailies, specifically where you need to talk to the troll in Razor Hill.... I get swarmed by guards as soon as I land to talk to her, and part of the quest asks you to listen to her, but you fail if you die or move to far away trying to get away from the guards.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2013-08-15 at 05:43 PM.

It's a pretty garbage talent. There are probably some situations where it could be useful but Aspect of the Iron Hawk is better in every way,

I was going to take that but its getting the damage reduction removed so its just going to add some attack power?

It's getting the damage reduction lowered. There is no attack power difference between Hawk and Iron Hawk.

OK, so Iron Hawk is better even at 400+ ms, which is why I took exhilaration at least with it I can use it to save my pet or myself if I lag bad enough and it or I get caught in something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    OK, so Iron Hawk is better even at 400+ ms, which is why I took exhilaration at least with it I can use it to save my pet or myself if I lag bad enough and it or I get caught in something.
    there are very few boss abilities that will kill you under 1 second, plus, the average reaction time of videogame players is about 130ms. So in other words, even with 500ms, you shouldn't die BECAUSE of lag, but a combination of lag,nattention and slow reflexes.

Deleted
    Iron Hawk probably saves you more than you'd think. You obviously wouldn't pay as much attention to it because it's a passive.

Deleted
    Iron Hawk should be better, 15% (10% after patch) damage reduction do a lot in the whole run, and saves a lot of damage. I usually have that when raiding and usually have latency 1000+ lol. So think you should do fine with it. Exhilaration is mainly used in PvP, though think it will change now with readiness vanishing.

You guys all seem to assume I raid... I really only do things like scenarios and sometimes rare hunting. My internet dies if I try to raid lol. Its only a 450 kb connection, so going near the new cities in the vale, SW and other places with alot of players usually results in an instant disconnect and me having to get a friend to log on and move my character so I can log on again.

You guys all seem to assume I raid... I really only do things like scenarios and sometimes rare hunting. My internet dies if I try to raid lol. Its only a 450 kb connection, so going near the new cities in the vale, SW and other places with alot of players usually results in an instant disconnect and me having to get a friend to log on and move my character so I can log on again.
    Are we living on the same planet/time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Are we living on the same planet/time?
    I used to have an internet that ran on 10kbit/sec (1 year ago), and I live in Sweden, so its possible... Never trust some companies again lol. Fuck all the trees and mooses blocking the webz!

And well, when you said PvE, I think most assumed that you raided, since you didn't leave any other fact. But for scenarios, Exhiliration can be good if you dont have a healer with you, and for hunting rares, since the fights are so short that Iron Hawk wont really matter, when a good emergancy heal can be needed.