Deleted

HC Council 10M Help.

We had a few attempts on it tonight with a less-optimum group and we can realistically get Sul to 30-40% before switching to Malakk (50% energy to avoid 2nd frostbite) but it seems that Twisted Fate is derping us.

DPS seems a bit low, and we usually have a Lock who dominates. Not sure what was killing people and I would appreciate it if you guys could look through the logs and help me out a little?

Thanks!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4101&e=4275

Just go to the deaths overview, everything is killing you :P

- Quicksand deaths (slow to move or no dispel)
    - Sandbolt is hurting people from missed interrupts
    - Twisted fate, as mentioned is killing you. It's an easy mechanic btw. Just have 1/2 ranged stand max range from Marli and nuke both adds down asap. they are stunnable. The further the adds are from each other the less they hurt.

When you get as far as kazra cleanly you will want to have a raid CD of some description (or more) ready for each discharge. It's the hardest part of the fight from a healing POV.

It's a pretty unforgiving fight, you need to cut out the unneeded damage taken. Good luck.

Deleted
    One tip I can give you is if you want more time on Sul at start and can survive 1 frostbite, a well timed smoke bomb from your rogue will prevent the 2nd frostbite alltogether. Or if you want you can smoke bomb the 1st frostbite and push before 2nd.

Other than that Deja said most everything I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just go to the deaths overview, everything is killing you :P

- Quicksand deaths (slow to move or no dispel)
    - Sandbolt is hurting people from missed interrupts
    - Twisted fate, as mentioned is killing you. It's an easy mechanic btw. Just have 1/2 ranged stand max range from Marli and nuke both adds down asap. they are stunnable. The further the adds are from each other the less they hurt.

When you get as far as kazra cleanly you will want to have a raid CD of some description (or more) ready for each discharge. It's the hardest part of the fight from a healing POV.

It's a pretty unforgiving fight, you need to cut out the unneeded damage taken. Good luck.
    To add a bit to this.

Smoke bomb the first frostbite
    You can focus more on sul because you can ignore the second frostbite with Hand of protection. ice block, etc.

How you do it?
    pally need clemency, 3 sec before malakk finish cast frostbite, your mage will ice block, pally will HoP the shammy and the druid + divine shield to protect himself. The druid can symbiosis the mage to get ice block and he can use it to remove biting cold.
    There will be another frostbite but your rogue will smoke bomb it.

Twisted fate, since you have to stack with the priest, put a mark at max range of the priest and make sure all the ranged are in that zone, like under garajal spirit. perma stun both adds and ggwp.

Other thing, i recommend using 1 tank and 3 healers, or 2 tanks 2 healers, you will have more dps to make this fight more easy.

If you want extra DPS on sul during the heroism, have your druid HoTW+Wrath spam, and have your monk fist-weave DPS/Heal on sul. The healing is very very light during that beginning portion of the fight, especially if you smoke bomb the first frostbite. The added damaged will definitely help push sul down faster.

I will tell you the way we did it, and we have little trouble.
    Raid Comp: 2 tanks (pally and dk) 2 healers (resto druid and disc) and 6 dps (rogue, warrior, hunter, mage, spriest, lock)

What we do is start out with hero and burn Sul as much as you can. We smokebomb the first frostbite, as many have stated. We keep everyone on Sul until the first Loa comes out, then 3 of our ranged switch to it. (You're very melee heavy, so you will have to have a melee switch, too. I suggest warrior with charge). After that we had all ranged switch to Malak immediately. Again, you're gonna have to use a melee. I suggest the your lowest melee which appears to be an enhance shaman. We push Malak before the 2nd frost bite.

Now Marli should empower. We bring her to melee range obviously. We have 2 ranged go a max distance away from melee (40 yards) and have all of our ranged switch to her immediately while our 2 melee stay on Sul with interrupts. Again, here you can have your enhance shaman switch in place of a range. Once twisted fate comes out the 2 ranged dps at max distance switch to their and myself (hunter) and the warrior switch to the melee one. You can have any combination, but I suggest leaving 2 melee on Sul for interrupts, especially the rogue. That's pretty much that entire phase. Once twisted fates are dead you switch back to Marli to ensure she goes down in time. Typically we push her right as she gains dark power.

This particular transition can be difficult. First off, get Marli interrupted and out of melee. A few things will then happen. You will get Kaz empowered and he will begin discharge pretty soon, depending on when you push Marli you will have twisted fate up, and you will mostly likely have a biting cold out. Don't panic, it's not as bad as it sounds. What we do here is our warrior will vigilance whoever has biting cold, and we kill the twisted fate. We do VERY soft dps on Kaz while biting cold is out. Try to only use personal CD's during the first discharge he does. Once biting cold is done Sul will most likely be dead, so we have all the ranged stack on a healer and spam AoE heals while our 2 melee stay on Malak. You can them time your raid cd's for each discharge Kaz does. Typically we only take 3 discharges. So again, on the first discharge he does, we only use personals. The 2nd one we use Devo and Spirit shell, and for the 3rd one we tranq. This obviously depends on your raid comp. That's basically that phase. It's important to keep as much dps on Malak as you can. 2 melee should be just fine. If you won't push Kaz in time, you can have the melee switch off of Malak and onto Kaz, but be mindful of the raid damage going out.

For some reason I can't remember if Marli empowers after this or if it's Malak again. Either way, it's pretty irrelevant, however, I believe it goes back to Marli. If that's the case, just repeat the first time with her, as she's a very simple mechanic for the fight. If it's Malak your rogue needs to know that he will be using smokebomb again on the frostbite. Malak typically dies for us before hand.

After Malak is dead you're left with Marli and Kaz, typically with Kaz empowering the 2nd time. This actually isn't too bad right here as this time Malak and Sul are both dead. Almost there! For this you can do 2 things. Since you're melee heavy, I'll just tell you what I propose. Once Kaz rolls and begins discharge, have everyone stack right next to him and heal through it, using cd's as needed. Make sure to coordinate these so you aren't stack them too much and running out of raid cd's. This part remains pretty much the same as before. You can have the 2 melee that killed Sul/Malak on Kaz to push him a little faster.

After Kaz is no longer empowered it goes back to Marli again. Leave her where she is, and depending on her health (we typically have her around 10% at this time, with Kaz at around ~20-30%) you have 1 melee on Marli, and EVERYONE else on Kaz. Keep in mind you will still get twisted fate, so be sure to switch to those. What this does is maximizes dps on Kaz while he isn't discharged, and the 1 melee can most likely kill Marli themselves. If not, at about 70% empowerment you can have others switch to her and kill her off. Then you stack back up and finish off Kaz.

So a pretty long explanation, but this is what we do, and it works for us very well.

A few side notes:

- Start by giving melee the shard (debuff) first. They don't get biting cold.
    - ALL ranged switch to Loa during Kaz empowerment. Gives the healers a little time to catch up.
    - Once everyone has 10 stacks of the debuff and Sul is dead, give it to the healers for some stacks. Once Malak is dead, it's the tanks turn.
    - It's imperative that once Marli is no longer empowered, she gets out of melee range immediately.
    - This fight is incredibly annoying, so try not to get too frustrated.

Hope this helps. Since I'm newer I cannot post logs. However, I will tell you where to find them.
    On world of logs go to Whisperwind. Guild name is Aeon. You'll find the Council kills on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. Took us 16 pulls with this strat.

Pretty much what the above poster said, however one thing my guild does differently is we have everyone stack behind kazra (including ranged / healers) and just have whoever gets biting cold to get out immediatly. Aside from that, what rorscach said is pretty accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sul being 30-40% before you push malakk is actually reasonable. As long as Sul dies before all 3 of Malakk/Marli/Kaz's empowers are over then you have met the DPS requirements there.

For the twisted Fate: You can cheese the mechanic Just have only your mage standing far away and everyone else near the boss. Wenn she's casting twisted fate or even a little bit before your mage should pull ice block. Then only one add will appear and it will be a lot less stressfull for your healers. With cold snap your mage can do this two times, which should be enough for the first empowerment of mar'li. Worked great in our kills. We even had our resto druid symbiosis the mage to have a third ice block for the second empowerment.

Another hint: You can decide which boss will empower the second time. Empowerment always seems to go to the boss with the most HP. At least for the second boss that's correct. We wanted Mar'li to be the second boss, so touched her a less as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twisted fate easy to manage, if you don't want to have to use iceblock or other immunities, have a mage or priest stand max range, everyone else stack on Mali, when adds spawn, the range snares their add, frost nova/tendrils. Blow up the add that spawns in melee, then onto range the spread out again. You should always have a melee on sul aswell, for interupts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    To add a bit to this.

Smoke bomb the first frostbite
    You can focus more on sul because you can ignore the second frostbite with Hand of protection. ice block, etc.

How you do it?
    pally need clemency, 3 sec before malakk finish cast frostbite, your mage will ice block, pally will HoP the shammy and the druid + divine shield to protect himself. The druid can symbiosis the mage to get ice block and he can use it to remove biting cold.
    There will be another frostbite but your rogue will smoke bomb it.

Twisted fate, since you have to stack with the priest, put a mark at max range of the priest and make sure all the ranged are in that zone, like under garajal spirit. perma stun both adds and ggwp.

Other thing, i recommend using 1 tank and 3 healers, or 2 tanks 2 healers, you will have more dps to make this fight more easy.
    Or instead of wasting 100 cd's and dps time the pally could just cast one bop, on the person who has the blue arrow.