Quote Originally Posted by AngelicSlayer23 View Post
    That would defeat the purpose of it being an element of surprise since people would be aware what the major event at Blizzcon would be
    Who said that the expansion itself has to be a surprise? Everyone knows we're getting an announcement soon. The actual contents of the expansion itself should be the biggest draw of Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    A race doesn't need Horde lore to join the Horde. They need a reason to join the Horde, as in, their past lore, which you're so fond of, puts them sharply at odds with the Alliance, which means they're more likely to turn to the Horde for support than the Alliance.

Also, I highly doubt we'll see another neutral race.
    The Horde (Trolls) are way more at odds with the Naga than Alliance (Night Elves) who just view them as fallen Highborne and regular general enemies. As I already pointed out a few pages ago, The Night Elves have already accepted the Highborne back into Night Elven society, and have also been seen to give redeption seeking Satyrs a second chance, there is no reason a group of Naga couldn't break off from Azshara and seek an agreement with the Night Elves.

The Darkspear trolls on the other hand, despise the Naga, who have literally tried to wipe out their existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So, you mean they'd copy the blood elf story that most of the Alliance hated because it was a more fitting Alliance race given to the Horde?

No. They can easily implement Naga as an Alliance race and make them work the Alliance and the night elves' trust. Yes, it can be done without Horde lore, but when there is more Alliance lore to fit with the race, it makes more sense to make them Alliance than Horde. Maybe if neither sides had any fitting lore to befit a certain playable race, you could say that.

Even so, I prefer them being neutral. But if they're not, they should be Alliance.
    See, that's the thing. You keep saying that they have Alliance lore. They have lore that puts them at odds with the Alliance. Short of a random spin redemption story (woohoo) t makes much more sense to be Horde than Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The Darkspear trolls on the other hand, despise the Naga, who have literally tried to wipe out their existence.
    Now this is a good explanation of why Naga might not go Horde. It is possible to fit them in anyways, but this is a wrench in the machine.
    Last edited by Abstieg; 2013-08-21 at 04:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is strong argument, but trolls fight other trolls and concievably a break-away of faction of naga might fight against other naga and the darkspear and a break away faction of naga might work together to defeat naga they both hate.

The fact is the Darkspear are themselves a break-away faction of trolls just for having stuck with the alliance and not joing the Amani/Guribashi alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    A few valid points but still:

1. Cloths on monster models is not the same as redesigning ALL in game chest armor and gloves to accommodate four arms.
    2. All that fire warlocks use underwater? Yeah sure.
    3. All that fire and lightning underwater that shamen? Probably fine.
    4. I don't know if you ever played a death knight but the starting zone kinda doesn't give room for Naga.

yes I don't have problems with fire mages and holy priests but 5 classes is a bit limited. I checked it. The least one race has is seven.

Again, I would squeel in delight if we got playable Naga. But As an adult with a degree I have to be realistic. Needs a lot of lore stretch and willing suspension of disbelief.
    Haha wait, what happened to that Broken shaman guy at the start of Vashj'ir? you know, the one that killed all those naga attacking your boat with massive AoE Chain lightning, and then saved your ass by blowing apart a naga with a Lava burst? that didn't happen now??

And Warlock fire is not "fire" in the sense of an element, it's Fel energy, even if it isn't green.

Also you're forgetting that mechanics >>> lore theory when it comes to the actual WoW game. Blizzard will do what looks and feels right, not what makes sense from a real life, physics PoV. That is the way they have always done things. This is a game. So yes, Shamans can use fire and lightning underwater, and if they want to, they will add Naga DKs.

See, that's the thing. You keep saying that they have Alliance lore. They have lore that puts them at odds with the Alliance. Short of a random spin redemption story (woohoo) t makes much more sense to be Horde than Alliance.

Random? Like I said. It makes no sense for them to be Horde. Just because the Night Elves are no fans of the Naga doesn't make them any more sensible an addition to the Horde.

Like I said.. there is already ingrained night elf lore with the Naga, and it'd only take Varian Wrynn's insistence and the intention of the playable naga group to try and make up for what they did for it to fit. What lore would they tailor around the Horde Naga? "Well, we just wanted to join the Horde. Dudes!"?

At least there are lore ties to connect Alliance naga too, even if they are currently based on hatreds. There are no proper ties for Horde naga at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that High Elves can become Blood Elves and join the Horde demonstrates the possibility that previous Alliance-factions can leave the Alliance and become their enemies and it further demonstrate the just because a race is descended from Highborne Elves doesn't mean the Nelfs will welcome them with open arms.

The Blood Elves had closer ties to the Alliance than the Naga can be said to have. And they still decided to Join the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood Elves also have worked with the Naga before.

one naga. I bet one elf one day attacked one orc, and the blood elves are in the horde now.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random? Like I said. It makes no sense for them to be Horde. Just because the Night Elves are no fans of the Naga doesn't make them any more sensible an addition to the Horde.

Like I said.. there is already ingrained night elf lore with the Naga, and it'd only take Varian Wrynn's insistence and the intention of the playable naga group to try and make up for what they did for it to fit. What lore would they tailor around the Horde Naga? "Well, we just wanted to join the Horde. Dudes!"?

At least there are lore ties to connect Alliance naga too, even if they are currently based on hatreds. There are no proper ties for Horde naga at all.
    Like you said, same thing that happened with Blood Elves.

Naga rebel against their queen, find the Alliance as hostile to them as ever, turn to the Horde for desperate support. It's been done, but it's a much more sensible course of action than the Night Elves forgiving their hated ancestor's mutated spawn.

Orgrimmar, being without a warchief, is conquered by naga! There's your tie :P
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    the fact that High Elves can become Blood Elves and join the Hordes demonstrates the possibility previous Alliance factions can leave the alliance and become their enemies and the just because a race is descended from Highborne doesn't mean the Nelfs will welcome them with open arms.

The Blood Elves had closer ties to the Alliance than the Naga can be said to have. And they still decided to Join the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood Elves also have worked with the Naga before.

Yes. We're going to repeat the Blood Elf debacle that, to this day, still has Alliance people upset because they lost a race that fit most with them to the Horde because of no good reason.

Also, Kael'thas worked with the naga, but so did Illidan. So that's like saying that because Illidan was/is a night elf, the naga worked with a night elf too.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...-schedule.html

In Gamescom, August 21st was for trade/media and Blizzard announced Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. August 21st is over in Germany.

August 22-25 are open to public for various fan activities and in the Blizzard Gamescom schedule there isn't any event/hint they will reveal information about WoW. There is no presentation or discussion session, just WoW gameplay, drawing contests, quizzes, etc.

Will have to wait for Blizzcon for the TDB announcement.

1. Beta invites
    2. Next Warchief
    3. Something for StarCraft 2
    4. Corgis Unleashed
    5. Stuff about the WarCraft movie
    6. Lost Vikings

1. We already know that beta invites will most likely happen but if your expecting a date on when it will start I am pretty sure since they are always pretty vague early on in an expansion's announcement they will not release a date anytime soon
    2. That would be like taking a book and reading the end page of it first, I highly doubt they would announce who would be the next warchief right away.
    3. HoS just got released not too long ago and it is already known the third expansion is Legacy of the Void if anything they may talk about this but it is not the big event of Blizzcon.
    4. LOL, I think they put that there to throw us off the trail of The Dark Below and Reaper of Souls, Corgis Unleashed is the only name without a trademark so far
    5. This would be nice actually but it seems like they are keeping this under wraps as well because they released a teaser on this in the past or so I heard and the teaser never made it out past Comicon.
    6. Have not heard anything or read anything about this so not very likely and still not considered something that would be a big event.

Who said that the expansion itself has to be a surprise. Everyone knows we're getting an announcement soon. The actual contents of the expansion itself should be the biggest draw of Blizzcon.
    I never said the expansion itself would be a surprise as it is well aware we are getting one but as to what the name of the expansion is right now is pure speculation and will remain a mystery until Blizzcon. I am pretty sure they would pick to release the information at their own convention vs. a convention in Germany
    Last edited by AngelicSlayer23; 2013-08-21 at 04:14 PM.

Like you said, same thing that happened with Blood Elves.

Naga rebel against their queen, find the Alliance as hostile to them as ever, turn to the Horde for desperate support. It's been done, but it's a much more sensible course of action than the Night Elves forgiving their hated ancestor's mutated spawn.

One problem. Varian Wrynn will be High King by then, and if he tells the Night Elves to get over themselves and give the naga faction a chance, they will. The night elves, like with Highborne and Death Knights, will harbor feelings of disgust and distrust, but for a lot of night elves as well, the naga redeem themselves over the course of the expansion and prove themselves by helping take down Azshara and N'Zoth like the Death Knights did to the Lich King.

There. Done. Alliance Naga. Less contrived and less asspulled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the defection of the Blood Elves to the Horde was a genius idea on the part the Lore-writers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. We're going to repeat the Blood Elf debacle that, to this day, still has Alliance people upset because they lost a race that fit most with them to the Horde because of no good reason.

Also, Kael'thas worked with the naga, but so did Illidan. So that's like saying that because Illidan was/is a night elf, the naga worked with a night elf too.
    Except, it makes much more sense for Naga than it did for Blood Elves. You could argue the scenario didn't work well there, but it sure does here.

One problem. Varian Wrynn will be High King by then, and if he tells the Night Elves to get over themselves and give the naga faction a chance, they will. The night elves, like with Highborne and Death Knights, will harbor feelings of disgust and distrust, but for a lot of night elves as well, the naga redeem themselves over the course of the expansion and prove themselves by helping take down Azshara and N'Zoth like the Death Knights did to the Lich King.

There. Done. Alliance Naga. Less contrived and less asspulled.
    So don't copy the Blood Elf scenario, copy the Death Knight scenario. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    one naga. I bet one elf one day attacked one orc, and the blood elves are in the horde now.
    An entire tribe of Naga. Specifically the Spitescale.

Satyrs are far worse than the cursed Naga.

It's probably also worth pointing out that the Naga are an EXTREMELY proud and xenophobic race, and the only two races that they have kinship with are the Blood Elves and Night Elves. They are a lot less likely to eagerly join the filthy Mongrels who make up the Horde than they are to join the Alliance, who at least are all reasonably civilized.

Except, it makes much more sense for Naga than it did for Blood Elves. You could argue the scenario didn't work well there, but it sure does here.

Yes. Copy the more realistic Death Knight scenario that didn't totally bum out one half of the playerbase and perhaps a part of the other half.(who didn't want prissy blood elves)

10+ Year Old Account
    we seem to lack the imagination to come up with heretofore unused scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Y'Shaarj is more dead, than a dead husk, but still has a beating heart that whispers? Okay. Still Sha are unique to him(Y'SHAarj. C'Thun would release the Thu and N'zoth the Zo. Dunno about Yogg'Saron.
    This is Yog'Saron. It Sarons Yogs.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus