1. #2161
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    So Y'Shaarj is more dead, than a dead husk, but still has a beating heart that whispers? Okay. Still Sha are unique to him(Y'SHAarj. C'Thun would release the Thu and N'zoth the Zo. Dunno about Yogg'Saron.
    This is Yog'Saron. It Sarons Yogs.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  2. #2162
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes. Copy the more realistic Death Knight scenario that didn't totally bum out one half of the playerbase and perhaps a part of the other half.(who didn't want prissy blood elves)
    Deathknights scenario was realistic specifically because ANY race could be a Deathknight, so the Deathknights returned to the home factions after gaining free-will.

  3. #2163
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Deathknights scenario was realistic specifically because ANY race could be a Deathknight, so the Deathknights returned to the home factions after gaining free-will.

    And because it actually makes sense for people to give others another chance, unlike the sudden super-big-twist of the blood elves. What was the reason again? One human was being a meanie to them?



    Yes, the redemption trope might be a bit overplayed, but it fits a lot more, here. Still, I insist that making them neutral is the best way to go. But if they can't or really don't want, then Alliance, and I'll stick with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  4. #2164
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Deathknights scenario was realistic specifically because ANY race could be a Deathknight, so the Deathknights returned to the home factions after gaining free-will.
    Theoretically, would Naga who throw off Azshara's control be considered akin to night elf death knights who threw off the Lich King's control?

    The biggest difference are the Naga chose their fate more so than Death Knights did.

  5. #2165
    Warchief Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I think the defection of the Blood Elves to the Horde was a genius idea on the part the Lore-writers.
    That wasn't really too much of a stretch after the events of WC3. I mean if it wasn't for the alliance breaking their promise, using the Belfs & Kael'Thas as cannon fodder, then placing them in interment camps. I'm sure Belfs would have stayed with the alliance. From a lore standpoint they chose a side during BC since they where essentially a neutral race after WC3.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2013-08-21 at 04:21 PM.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE

  6. #2166
    guys, before we start talking about the naga coming to our side, I believe we should start hoping the naga will come at all.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  7. #2167
    Herald of the Titans Abstieg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    guys, before we start talking about the naga coming to our side, I believe we should start hoping the naga will come at all.
    I'm actually not a fan of naga being a playable race at all. Seems too strange to me.

  8. #2168
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Theoretically, would Naga who throw off Azshara's control be considered akin to night elf death knights who threw off the Lich King's control?

    The biggest difference are the Naga chose their fate more so than Death Knights did.
    azshara manipulates people with her supernatural magical charm. just remember the hands of azshara.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  9. #2169
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And because it actually makes sense for people to give others another chance, unlike the sudden super-big-twist of the blood elves. What was the reason again? One human was being a meanie to them?

    Yes, the redemption trope might be a bit overplayed, but it fits a lot more, here. Still, I insist that making them neutral is the best way to go. But if they can't or really don't want, then Alliance, and I'll stick with that.
    I don't have strong stake, let me make that clear:
    If Blizzard makes Naga alliance i won't mind.
    If Blizzard makes Naga Neutral i won't mind.
    If blizzard makes Naga Horde i won't mind.

    I think the Blood Elf story line was very clever, the Blood Elves didn't join the Horde because Garithos was meanie, they joined the Naga and Ilidan because Garithos was a meanie and the naga offered Kaelthas aid, and Kaelthas joined Kiljaedan because he was Ilidan's master and offered greater power, and the Blood elves left Kaelthas and Kiljaeden because following Kiljaedan is totally insane, and they sought refuge in Shattrath because they were fleeing Kiljaedan, but the Draenei despised what the Blood Elves has done under Kaelthas' Command, and so they sought allies, and the Alliance found them to have been tainted by the Legion and besides the alliance was getting all buddy-buddy with the Draenei, and the Horde be like "We be tainted by the legion we totally know what that's like" and sylvanas be like "My brothers and Sisters, we shared a common tragedy, we share a common peril, let us work together to kill lots of stupid humans" and blood elves be like "sounds good to me Sister!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Nations changing faction sides from one war to the next happens in real life.

    Japan and the USA were allies in WWI, enemies in WWII and allies in the Korean War.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-08-21 at 04:27 PM.

  10. #2170
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    azshara manipulates people with her supernatural magical charm. just remember the hands of azshara.
    in fact, i'd say that the difference between the naga and the death knights is:

    lich king whispers: obey me!
    azshara whispers: if you're nice to me, I might let you bang me.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  11. #2171
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    in fact, i'd say that the difference between the naga and the death knights is:

    Lich king whispers: Obey me!
    Azshara whispers: If you're nice to me, i might let you bang me.

    that woman is eviiiil.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  12. #2172
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    in fact, i'd say that the difference between the naga and the death knights is:

    lich king whispers: obey me!
    azshara whispers: if you're nice to me, I might let you bang me.

    i am sure there are Arthas/slash fangirls and fanboys out there

  13. #2173
    Field Marshal Platex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Heaven, with Kanye to my right hand.
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And because it actually makes sense for people to give others another chance, unlike the sudden super-big-twist of the blood elves. What was the reason again? One human was being a meanie to them?



    Yes, the redemption trope might be a bit overplayed, but it fits a lot more, here. Still, I insist that making them neutral is the best way to go. But if they can't or really don't want, then Alliance, and I'll stick with that.
    GC has said on Twitter that he doesn't like the neutral faction thing. If they do more races again, it's likely that they will be 1 for alliance, 1 for Horde.

  14. #2174
    Stood in the Fire Balager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    in fact, i'd say that the difference between the naga and the death knights is:

    lich king whispers: obey me!
    azshara whispers: if you're nice to me, I might let you bang me.
    Aren't the Forsaken doing the same? Lilian Voss was not into yuri so she didn't join them.

  15. #2175
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    GC has said on Twitter that he doesn't like the neutral faction thing. If they do more races again, it's likely that they will be 1 for alliance, 1 for Horde.
    He doesn't like a lot of stuff that still happens. I wouldn't rule it out completely on this statement alone.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  16. #2176
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Platex View Post
    GC has said on Twitter that he doesn't like the neutral faction thing. If they do more races again, it's likely that they will be 1 for alliance, 1 for Horde.
    I think we all are aware of this
    two new races and no new classes seems to be a strong contender for new content.
    but we are arguing the which races that exist in game fit best with which factions.

  17. #2177
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Aren't the Forsaken doing the same? Lilian Voss was not into yuri so she didn't join them.
    Who the fuck wants to bang Forsaken?
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

  18. #2178
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    He doesn't like a lot of stuff that still happens. I wouldn't rule it out completely on this statement alone.
    also true.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Who the fuck wants to bang Forsaken?

    Rule #34 of the internet

  19. #2179
    Stood in the Fire Balager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Who the fuck wants to bang Forsaken?
    Sylvanas? Welllllll....................

  20. #2180
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Who the fuck wants to bang Forsaken?
    Seriously? There are like 10,000 fanboys out there that would shag Sylvanas without a thought. Nevermind that she would probably slit their throats afterwards (or maybe during O.o).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •