1. #1141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I read up quite a bit on OHIM's website regarding applications... First and foremost, they actually check to see if the Application is indeed from who the application SAYS it's from in the examination process, and if their representatives are indeed representing them.
    But the examination process lays out a protocol for dealing with such deficiencies (granted, a huge deficiency, but we are talking about a bureaucracy here):

    If at any stage of the examination process a deficiency is detected, an objection letter will be sent to the applicant to remedy the deficiency within two months. If the deficiency is not remedied, the application will be provisionally refused or, if the deficiency concerns a priority or seniority claim, the claim will be refused. These refusals can be appealed before the Boards of Appeal of the OHIM.(Source)
    So, until it's published, we can't say for certain that it's a Blizzard application. It's entirely possible for it to remain in some bureaucratic limbo for two months if it is a hoax.

  2. #1142
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    People will believe what they want to believe. They'll come up with more and more reasons for it to be a hoax as time goes on and it's still up there.

    The only way to make them believe it is if/when Blizzard actually announces it. Even then, we'll have the "XXX expansion is stupid, MoP was better," "WoW is dying," "Lol snakes, how original" threads from thereon after.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well, considering we live there, it's a bit astounding you're astonished we're fighting immediate threats to our planet on the planet we live on.
    In fairness Shadow, I'm fine with both options. I just don't truly think We'll get Dark Below. If we do I'll do any favor you may desire.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  3. #1143
    Stood in the Fire Yossarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Roma
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    Blizzard won't blow their load on the Burning Legion yet, I'm sure they're leaving it as a "wrap things up" expansion. It makes sense that we deal with the immediate threats on Azeroth AKA Azshara, N'zoth and the other Old Gods as well as Ozumat and whatever else lies in the Dark Below such as The Faceless.
    I remember THE THRILL meeting the first Faceless One while playing Warcraft III
    "WTF is that? why is there?"
    it was in the mission where you had to escort Anub'Arak

  4. #1144
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    Blizzard won't blow their load on the Burning Legion yet, I'm sure they're leaving it as a "wrap things up" expansion. It makes sense that we deal with the immediate threats on Azeroth AKA Azshara, N'zoth and the other Old Gods as well as Ozumat and whatever else lies in the Dark Below such as The Faceless. Until the Burning Legion are literally flying down in fiery balls of doom like in Wrathion's vision then I doubt we will do anything about them. Warcraft has always been deal with the threat at hand, not the one that's looming off in the distance.
    Except we've had absolutely no threats from Azshara or N'zoth since Cataclysm. Not a single breath about either of them in Mists of Pandaria. Last we saw of their forces, they were reeling from the loss of Deathwing.

    Gotta deal with the Old Gods AKA the immediate threat to Azeroth before we go after Sargeras.
    Who says we need to go after Sargeras? Kil'Jaeden, supreme commander of the Burning Legion, is still out there, probably very angry. He could very well launch another invasion on Azeroth without us having to face Sargeras at all. Hell, that'd make more sense to me... Fight Kil'Jaeden and the Legion on Argus, then maybe deal with N'zoth and Azshara, and then finally deal with some heavy Titan stuff and Sargeras on some Titan Planet further down the line.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    But the examination process lays out a protocol for dealing with such deficiencies (granted, a huge deficiency, but we are talking about a bureaucracy here):



    So, until it's published, we can't say for certain that it's a Blizzard application. It's entirely possible for it to remain in some bureaucratic limbo for two months if it is a hoax.
    I doubt such a deficiency would be one they'd honor with a mere "objection letter." What would they say? "Hey, you aren't Blizzard. Can you fix that within two months?"

    If their handy little flowchart was accurate, then they've indeed begun examining it, as they list granting an application date and acknowledging the services rendered as steps along with verifying information is correct, which are already displayed on the trademark application at this point.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 05:09 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  5. #1145
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I remember THE THRILL meeting the first Faceless One while playing Warcraft III
    "WTF is that? why is there?"
    it was in the mission where you had to escort Anub'Arak
    I've got no issue with the Faceless, Old Gods or Azshara, quite frankly I like the pure evil they represent. I also love the cave and deep underground zones and areas such as Deepholm so assuming this expansion features a lot of that I would be very happy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except we've had absolutely no threats from Azshara or N'zoth since Cataclysm. Not a single breath about either of them in Mists of Pandaria. Last we saw of their forces, they were reeling from the loss of Deathwing.



    Who says we need to go after Sargeras? Kil'Jaeden, supreme commander of the Burning Legion, is still out there, probably very angry. He could very well launch another invasion on Azeroth without us having to face Sargeras at all. Hell, that'd make more sense to me... Fight Kil'Jaeden and the Legion on Argus, then maybe deal with N'zoth and Azshara, and then finally deal with some heavy Titan stuff and Sargeras on some Titan Planet further down the line.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I doubt such a deficiency would be one they'd honor with a mere "objection letter." What would they say? "Hey, you aren't Blizzard. Can you fix that within two months?"
    You go find a way to get to Argus and then get back to me.

  6. #1146
    I really don't understand why people have such a big problem with Old Gods being... vaguely present, at best. You've seen literally two of them throughout vanilla + 5 expansions. There are three more (at least), and we've seen the effects of only two of those in pretty indirect ways. Yes, they corrupted Deathwing - but Deathwing was still the immediate threat. Yes, Garrosh is harnessing their power - but Garrosh is still the immediate threat.

    Why do you "want a break" from them when, short of the mere two times you've outright encountered them, their presence has mostly been in the background?

    Frankly, demons are pretty played out at this point. We've seen it a thousand times. How are they any less overdone?

  7. #1147
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post


    You go find a way to get to Argus and then get back to me.
    Through the giant gaping portal the burning legion would tear into Azeroth to try and rip us a new one in a pre-patch event.


    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I really don't understand why people have such a big problem with Old Gods being... vaguely present, at best. You've seen literally two of them throughout vanilla + 5 expansions. There are three more (at least), and we've seen the effects of only two of those in pretty indirect ways. Yes, they corrupted Deathwing - but Deathwing was still the immediate threat. Yes, Garrosh is harnessing their power - but Garrosh is still the immediate threat.

    Why do you "want a break" from them when, short of the mere two times you've outright encountered them, their presence has mostly been in the background?
    Because it's quite literally "Old gods did it" this entire time. Old god lore, old god influence. And before, Old God influence was kind of cool and in the background, like with C'thun and Yogg-Saron... but N'zoth is almost literally as in-your-face as he can be without actually appearing, and that's annoying. The Old Gods have gone from being scheming creatures manipulating things from behind the curtains to being the "RAWR RAWR RAWR IMMA EACHO!" guys flailing their tentacles in some long forgotten cavern... N'zoth couldn't be more "at the forefront" about his existence, who serves him, and what he's doing. It's tiring.

    Frankly, demons are pretty played out at this point. We've seen it a thousand times. How are they any less overdone?
    We've seen almost no demons since Burning Crusade. There was a single quest line involving them in WotLK (with Mal'ganis, which didn't go anywhere) a single quest line where you deal with a handful of remaining demons in Hyjal, and then I think I've seen... one... demon in all of Pandaria, and that's the one that the Alliance players set free on the Horde camp in the Jade forest quests.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  8. #1148
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I really don't understand why people have such a big problem with Old Gods being... vaguely present, at best. You've seen literally two of them throughout vanilla + 5 expansions. There are three more (at least), and we've seen the effects of only two of those in pretty indirect ways. Yes, they corrupted Deathwing - but Deathwing was still the immediate threat. Yes, Garrosh is harnessing their power - but Garrosh is still the immediate threat.

    Why do you "want a break" from them when, short of the mere two times you've outright encountered them, their presence has mostly been in the background?

    Frankly, demons are pretty played out at this point. We've seen it a thousand times. How are they any less overdone?
    Demons are hardly overdone. You either haven't been playing since Wrath or are simply denying it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I really don't understand why people have such a big problem with Old Gods being... vaguely present, at best. You've seen literally two of them throughout vanilla + 5 expansions. There are three more (at least), and we've seen the effects of only two of those in pretty indirect ways. Yes, they corrupted Deathwing - but Deathwing was still the immediate threat. Yes, Garrosh is harnessing their power - but Garrosh is still the immediate threat.

    Why do you "want a break" from them when, short of the mere two times you've outright encountered them, their presence has mostly been in the background?

    Frankly, demons are pretty played out at this point. We've seen it a thousand times. How are they any less overdone?
    When was the last time we fought a lore-relevant demon? When was the last time we actually felt their effects?

    They're less overdone, because they had presence in vanilla and TBC. Old gods have vanilla, wrath, cata AND mop.

    All of what we're doing on mop is directly tied to Y'shaarj. Yogg-saron apparently had something to do with the scourge, and N'zoth had EVERYTHING to do with cata. How is any of that "background?" No we didn't fight y'shaarj or N'zoth, but we know what they've done. Y'shaarj is dead, cool. But we're still having to fuck with his shit, it's bad manners if nothing else.

    Like, honestly at some point you'd think this story-line would finish. We've messed with the same shady-moustachio-twirling villains since vanilla. Sure, they're different, but their motivation is the same. They have the same personalities. None of them are actually charismatic, it's all "Your friends will betray you, you're insane" shit.

  10. #1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Through the giant gaping portal the burning legion would tear into Azeroth to try and rip us a new one in a pre-patch event.




    Because it's quite literally "Old gods did it" this entire time. Old god lore, old god influence. And before, Old God influence was kind of cool and in the background, like with C'thun and Yogg-Saron... but N'zoth is almost literally as in-your-face as he can be without actually appearing, and that's annoying. The Old Gods have gone from being scheming creatures manipulating things from behind the curtains to being the "RAWR RAWR RAWR IMMA EACHO!" guys flailing their tentacles in some long forgotten cavern... N'zoth couldn't be more "at the forefront" about his existence, who serves him, and what he's doing. It's tiring.



    We've seen almost no demons since Burning Crusade. There was a single quest line involving them in WotLK (with Mal'ganis, which didn't go anywhere) a single quest line where you deal with a handful of remaining demons in Hyjal, and then I think I've seen... one... demon in all of Pandaria, and that's the one that the Alliance players set free on the Horde camp in the Jade forest quests.
    Or here's a thought, I might blow your mind right here. We could go and kill the old gods so that they don't show up in the story anymore? Omgwtfmindblown.

  11. #1151
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    Or here's a thought, I might blow your mind right here. We could go and kill the old gods so that they don't show up in the story anymore? Omgwtfmindblown.
    If blizzard will get it done in a SINGLE expansion, sure. I'd love that. But its tiring to see the same names, float about, and not appear.

    I'd even have been okay with cata, if n'zoth had shown up. Or mop, if we got to kill y'shaarj. That'd be cool.

  12. #1152
    Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    So, until it's published, we can't say for certain that it's a Blizzard application. It's entirely possible for it to remain in some bureaucratic limbo for two months if it is a hoax.
    Actually, we can. We can monitor its progress through the examination process. It's already far enough into the process that they would have checked for fraud; however, if posters are only going to be satisfied after it's explicitly passed every stage of examination we can check for that too, which will come long before publication.

  13. #1153
    I see we're pretending the story hasn't literally been "demons dun it" since Warcraft. Like, the first one. Ever. Up until to TBC.

    And despite Yogg-Saron being in Northrend, and that brief bit with Arthas' heart beneath Icecrown Citadel, he had nothing to do with the Scourge unless I'm forgetting something. Actually, demons did that too.

    Just because "it's been a while" doesn't mean it hasn't already been overdone. I'm not saying a demon-based expansion would be a bad thing, not at all. In fact, it makes the most sense for it to be the final expansion. Hell, maybe even the final two expansions - an invasion of Azeroth, and a final counterattack on Argus.

  14. #1154
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,648
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I see we're pretending the story hasn't literally been "demons dun it" since Warcraft. Like, the first one. Ever. Up until to TBC.

    And despite Yogg-Saron being in Northrend, and that brief bit with Arthas' heart beneath Icecrown Citadel, he had nothing to do with the Scourge unless I'm forgetting something. Actually, demons did that too.

    Just because "it's been a while" doesn't mean it hasn't already been overdone. I'm not saying a demon-based expansion would be a bad thing, not at all. In fact, it makes the most sense for it to be the final expansion. Hell, maybe even the final two expansions - an invasion of Azeroth, and a final counterattack on Argus.

    It has been a while Rat. We've hardly done demons since ever. No Old Gods have been "THEY DID IT" way more then demons.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  15. #1155
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Azreal313 View Post
    Or here's a thought, I might blow your mind right here. We could go and kill the old gods so that they don't show up in the story anymore? Omgwtfmindblown.
    You can't kill Old Gods without them Sha'ing all over you. The most we've done is beat them down temporarily.

    Besides, if the Burning Legion starts invading (as Wrathion freakin SAYS they're going to do at some point,) we'd damn well respond to their threat... and what are we going to do if N'zoth and Azshara simply continue chilling at the bottom of the ocean? We don't even KNOW where N'zoth is... It's merely a widely accepted OPINION that he's beneath the maelstrom; it doesn't state that anywhere in Lore. I'm not even sure if, lore-wise, anyone besides the Naga even knows where Nazjatar is, or know that it's even there.

    ALL of the expansions have had the bad guys provoking us into seeking THEM out, not the other way around. Prior to Burning Crusade, the launch event had the Burning Legion re-opening the Dark Portal to attack. Prior to Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas began attacking the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Prior to Cataclysm, elementals started running rampant and the twilight's hammer started growing in Strength. And then... oh yeah, Deathwing broke everything. Mists of pandaria, I suppose, is the only exception, because we just kind of up and found it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-18 at 05:23 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #1156
    Also, to those wishing for demons if this is a water expansion we will almost certainly be going to the Tomb of Sargeras which should be chock-full of demons, and will likely be the catalyst that segues into a Burning Legion expansion afterwards. This expansion could absolutely turn into a Demons vs Azshara debacle in the later patches.

  17. #1157
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    I see we're pretending the story hasn't literally been "demons dun it" since Warcraft. Like, the first one. Ever. Up until to TBC.

    And despite Yogg-Saron being in Northrend, and that brief bit with Arthas' heart beneath Icecrown Citadel, he had nothing to do with the Scourge unless I'm forgetting something. Actually, demons did that too.

    Just because "it's been a while" doesn't mean it hasn't already been overdone. I'm not saying a demon-based expansion would be a bad thing, not at all. In fact, it makes the most sense for it to be the final expansion. Hell, maybe even the final two expansions - an invasion of Azeroth, and a final counterattack on Argus.
    This is so true.

  18. #1158
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I doubt such a deficiency would be one they'd honor with a mere "objection letter." What would they say? "Hey, you aren't Blizzard. Can you fix that within two months?"
    We have no way of knowing – as I don't believe either of us have that kind of insight into the trademark offices internal protocols. If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the worst case of bureaucratic systematic failings I've witnessed.

    And keep in mind that objection letter would go to Blizzard or FRKelly, so they would be free to sit on it and let us stew until a month before Blizzcon. Of course, even if it were a hoax, they could just as easily falsely verify the application as their own if that suited their motives.

  19. #1159
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Also, to those wishing for demons if this is a water expansion we will almost certainly be going to the Tomb of Sargeras which should be chock-full of demons, and will likely be the catalyst that segues into a Burning Legion expansion afterwards. This expansion could absolutely turn into a Demons vs Azshara debacle in the later patches.
    Exactly

  20. #1160
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It has been a while Rat. We've hardly done demons since ever. No Old Gods have been "THEY DID IT" way more then demons.
    Warcraft I (November 23, 1994) - Wrath of the Lich King (November 13, 2008) ~ 14 years

    Wrath of the Lich King - next demon-centric expansion (Probably sometime in 2016 or 2017 assuming they're not the focus of the next expansion) ~ 9 years

    I don't follow.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    We have no way of knowing – as I don't believe either of us have that kind of insight into the trademark offices internal protocols. If it were to happen, it wouldn't be the worst case of bureaucratic systematic failings I've witnessed.

    And keep in mind that objection letter would go to Blizzard or FRKelly, so they would be free to sit on it and let us stew until a month before Blizzcon. Of course, even if it were a hoax, they could just as easily falsely verify the application as their own if that suited their motives.
    Again, we can monitor the trademark application's status, and we can get some fairly substantial insight into the examination process by reading various manuals, faqs, and resources online. It's actually pretty transparent so that businesses can easily check up on their claims.

    We will know. (We already do.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •