The pet system (class, not battle pets) - DKs, Warlocks, Priests, possibly Tinkers

I don't know how many will disagree, and how many will agree, but I wanted to make this thread anyway.

There have been some things that have been bothering me. For one, our death knights and warlocks are powerful, heroes. Yet there is a thing they are missing. Whereas any weaker warlock could enslave a lot of demons in lore, our warlocks can only use the limited/remote pair we had since vanilla, and the ones added by the grimoire talent in MoP.

Why can't demonology warlocks (I know they are currently already too awesome looking) or normal warlocks just permacontrol certain demons Blizzard designs to be controlled. Why only 5 minutes?

Yes, it'd only be for aesthetic uses, and any abilities/stats would link back to the regular demons, but it gives our characters another level of uniqueness to be able to control any demon (similar to taming a pet) that Blizzard deems fit. Huge demons would be scaled down upon being "tamed"/permacontrolled, of course, but yeah.

Same for unholy death knights. There are way lesser death knights than our hero characters that can reanimate/control just about any form of undead up to the death knight/Lich ranks, where they won't be able to do it of course.

So why is it that we're restrained to using the two new glyphs that got added since WoTLK? (5.0 Glyph of the Geist, 5.4 Glyph of the Skeleton) This, when we should be able to permacontrol most undead? For the death knight case, it'd of course only be unholy death knights who would be able to do this.

Similarly for shadow priests (only), I feel they should be able to permacontrol something too. In 5.1, Blizzard made a new category of creatures named "abberation" and added Sha, oozes, and other things of supposed Old God origin to it. Seeing as shadow priests are in fact using shadow magic and closest to the Old Gods (their glyph can even turn the Shadowfiend into a Sha in 5.4) why not make them be able to permacontrol. (like a hunter pet) abberations.

Then last, but not least. Tinkers. Yes, tinkers? I know they are all but confirmed, but if Blizzard were to add a tinker/engineering-like class, then I feel that they should be able to do something similar to the above classes. Only, they'd be able to hack the various mechanical creatures across Azeroth (there are limits of course) and make them their "pets". Literally, "Hack Mechanical/Machine" and for one of the specs, it'd be a permanent spell that allows you to control one pet forever and keep summoning it like the hunter pet. Again, like the above.

That is, if something like tinkers makes its way in.

Thoughts?

Because classes are designed to be different, and turning every pet class into a hunter analog goes against the very point of having a class system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Because classes are designed to be different, and turning every pet class into a hunter analog goes against the very point of having a class system.

There are many classes with overlap. Only one class with a hunter-like system.

And my post includes restraining it to a few specs. Like unholy death knight, where it makes sense for that spec to be able to do it. Or shadow priests, who have the only link with the Old Gods whereas the holy and discipline priests have no link at all to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually rather like the Warlock pet system. Its a lot more focused than the Hunter system.

Hunters get a wider range of pets with less abilities.

Warlocks get less pets with a wider range of abilities.

I do believe that the next pet class could be a Tinker/technology class. It would make sense, given the archetype. In fact, we could be seeing a preview of sorts from Siegecrafter Blackfuse in regards to his ability to launch automated shredders at targets. If you ever played Torchlight 2, the Engineer in that game also uses a pretty deep pet system. Using pets to assist in healing as well as tanking could be a new way to utilize the pet system in WoW.