Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elapsed View Post
    You have a healing TIDE totem
    fix'd. HTT is up for every other storm and can keep the raid up by itself if nobody gets hit.

What raid cooldowns are you doing at each storm? Because I'm not seeing a tranquility or vampiric embrace in your best try. And you have 3 paladins yet only one did Devotion Aura.

Are all you raiders using their personal CDs?

Healers can only do so much in that phase, your job is to dodge crap and survive. Not many people in your raid seems to know healthstones exist too.

Deleted
    Easy way to increase healing / surviving in lightning phase is to stack on the metal grates near the edge of the room. Lightning will only come at you from one side, as it cannot strike the metal. This however will result in potential DPS loss which you can't currently afford but if you work out the DPS kinks, this will fix your healing kinks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveReadycheck View Post
    Easy way to increase healing / surviving in lightning phase is to stack on the metal grates near the edge of the room. Lightning will only come at you from one side, as it cannot strike the metal. This however will result in potential DPS loss which you can't currently afford but if you work out the DPS kinks, this will fix your healing kinks
    DPS improvement won't fix healing kinks if people are dying to the first Lightning Storm. Everyone in his raid needs to improve, including himself.

I'm actually kind of sad that the problem in the OP wasn't that they were consistently failing at Ionization. That would've had an easy solution. But low DPS and low healing requires literally every member of the raid to relearn their class, because they're clearly not cutting it.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    While I definitely agree with most above that DPS is the problem, I'm also looking at your MW. He/She needs to read up on the class, there's an excellent guide in the Monk section.

The Renewing Mist uptime is ~30% on some fights when it should be 100% since it's not only a Chi generator, but the bread and butter of MW healing. That alone would take care of the lightning phases with a few Uplifts since both can be used on the move. Also Thunder Focus Tea isn't being used, or at least not to it's full potential. They could have a Renewing on all members of the raid during that time if used right before the phase starts.
    Looking at their armory I'm not entirely sure what's trying to be accomplished either. There's Spirit gems in everything, but is 100% unnecessary when they've got the LMG, HLG, and the Valor trinket to boot they've gotta be sitting at 100% mana all the time like this.

Really emphasize them getting in here to read up, there's a lot of lost potential the way she's gemmed, chanted, and not following any kind of rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    While I definitely agree with most above that DPS is the problem, I'm also looking at your MW. He/She needs to read up on the class, there's an excellent guide in the Monk section.

The Renewing Mist uptime is ~30% on some fights when it should be 100% since it's not only a Chi generator, but the bread and butter of MW healing. That alone would take care of the lightning phases with a few Uplifts since both can be used on the move. Also Thunder Focus Tea isn't being used, or at least not to it's full potential. They could have a Renewing on all members of the raid during that time if used right before the phase starts.
    Looking at their armory I'm not entirely sure what's trying to be accomplished either. There's Spirit gems in everything, but is 100% unnecessary when they've got the LMG, HLG, and the Valor trinket to boot they've gotta be sitting at 100% mana all the time like this.

Really emphasize them getting in here to read up, there's a lot of lost potential the way she's gemmed, chanted, and not following any kind of rotation.
    I don't know what logs you are looking at, but with how I heal, I use RM 100%, and TFT 100% when off CD.

I have done my research on my class, my spec and I know what I need to gem, reforge and chant and rotation. I have been fine with raiding with how I am gemmed, reforged and chanted, if I felt like I was having any kind of issues from how I see myself healing then I would come on here and ask for help.
    Last edited by Rissia; 2013-08-16 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rissia View Post
    I don't know what logs you are looking at, but with how I heal, I use RM 100%, and TFT 100% when off CD.

I have done my research on my class, my spec and I know what I need to gem, reforge and chant and rotation. I have been fine with raiding with how I am gemmed, reforged and chanted, if I felt like I was having any kind of issues from how I see myself healing then I would come on here and ask for help.
    Well that's the exact opposite of what I'm seeing in a majority of the logs ~2 min and longer. Was merely offering some insight to your Pally friend as far as what might be going wrong so there's no need to be so off putting about some constructive criticism.
    If the excessive Spirit works for you then it works, but going into H progression it's not doing you nearly as much good compared to raw Int and I highly doubt any MW would condone the sheer amounts you're putting into it at this point in your gear.

I appreciate all the well written helpful responses.

Thank you to the people who wrote them.

As to the elitists who feel better by simply making "you suck" responses, right back at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's the exact opposite of what I'm seeing in a majority of the logs ~2 min and longer. Was merely offering some insight to your Pally friend as far as what might be going wrong so there's no need to be so off putting about some constructive criticism.
    If the excessive Spirit works for you then it works, but going into H progression it's not doing you nearly as much good compared to raw Int and I highly doubt any MW would condone the sheer amounts you're putting into it at this point in your gear.
    Rissia is a project. He does not take advice well.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    To be completely honest though, nobody in that raid is world 1 raiders, and with all right, they should not be expected to have perfect performance. The healers have already managed to heal the fight for well over 6 minutes, they have done their job. The healing is not the biggest problem for them. The dps is. Not saying that healing cant be improved, but their healers are performing better than their dpsers. The biggest reasons for their wipes is lack of dps and personal fails (people blowing up ionizations, orbs or just dieng in lightning storm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of luck to you

What you see in the logs isn't just me, you can't give constructive criticism on a situation you do not know about. All you see is the logs, not the actual attempts. I do not see what it matters with spirit, that is what I have done research towards on multiple sites and that is how I am going to be until I see in my research differently. I haven't even fully cleared ToT and RM isn't ticking as hard as it should with the two set teir 15 bonus.

What you see in the logs isn't just me, you can't give constructive criticism on a situation you do not know about. All you see is the logs, not the actual attempts. I do not see what it matters with spirit, that is what I have done research towards on multiple sites and that is how I am going to be until I see in my research differently. I haven't even fully cleared ToT and RM isn't ticking as hard as it should with the two set teir 15 bonus.
    The only resource that recommends Spirit stacking as a MW is the default stat weighing of Ask Mr. Robot.

Best of luck to you
    appreciate your help lunasta.
    I will work on correcting things or replacing those who refuse to improve.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Your tears taste so sweet Injustice.

Nonsense spam. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-08-17 at 08:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you see in the logs isn't just me, you can't give constructive criticism on a situation you do not know about. All you see is the logs, not the actual attempts. I do not see what it matters with spirit, that is what I have done research towards on multiple sites and that is how I am going to be until I see in my research differently. I haven't even fully cleared ToT and RM isn't ticking as hard as it should with the two set tier 15 bonus.
    Which is why I suggested this sites MW guide, since a lot of them out there seem to be outdated or just plain wrong, and based off of stats before the legendary meta came into play, the haste interaction with RPPM, the original fistweaving, etc.
    We need little to no Spirit these days, ending a lot of fights with 100% Mana and 20 stacks of Mana Tea. Before the legendary meta that much Spirit was definitely the normal however.
    But like I said if it works for you then it works, and that's what matters. I'm just saying you could have so much more output.
    As an example if you set the stat weights on Askmrrobot to something more like:
    Int - 1.01
    Spell P - .85
    Crit - .75
    Haste (to 9158 since your gear is definitely good enough for the next breakpoint) - .6
    Spirit - .5
    Mastery - .2
    Haste (above 9158) - .1
    Keep in mind these are ballpark numbers, but basically what you'd see on most.

You'd end up with ~35% Crit instead of 25% which means more double proc Mana Teas to help compensate the loss of Spirit as well as raw output.
    The next Haste breakpoint would proc more of your Horridon's Last Gasp mana gains to also help compensate, and your Renewing Mist would also gain a tick.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2013-08-17 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Spelling

Tip for shammy healer:
    gems -> only int or int/crit gems
    reforge-> reforge spirit in to crit>haste>=mastery

I do heal hc bosses having less than 5k spirit(i can not reforge more) and i am constantly at 80%-100% mana

Oh and why to hell he do not use elemental to dps O.o
    Last edited by Leouch; 2013-08-17 at 01:34 AM.

Deleted
    Where's your sense of self improvement? Instead of being so choked up on all that pride try taking some of the advice here onboard. Whether it works for you nor not is a different question but putting your fingers in your ears and going "LALALA I'M PLAYING PERFECTLY" isn't going to help in the long run. Nobody is specifically saying you're the entire problem, they're just picking out the classes they know :/

Thank you for the suggestions> I have already read you forum for resto shammys and went to the default mastery build on mr. robot.
    It sounds like you are going more the way of the Crit build which increases throughput and mana regen.
    I will try this and see if it help me improve my hps

Again thank you very much for all the helpful information.

As for not using my elemental that was my fault totally and will be corrected immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SilandraGH View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions> I have already read you forum for resto shammys and went to the default mastery build on mr. robot.
    It sounds like you are going more the way of the Crit build which increases throughput and mana regen.
    I will try this and see if it help me improve my hps

Again thank you very much for all the helpful information.

As for not using my elemental that was my fault totally and will be corrected immediately.
    Point is that crit=mana regen, heal and fun
    Last edited by Leouch; 2013-08-17 at 08:10 PM.

2 heal it and make sure your dps doesn't get hit by orbs...not that hard of a fight

resto druids help during storm, typically I use my life cacoon on them well they cast tranquility