Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I think flex mode should still have some sort of gate, this just means heroic raiders have to run all of the beginner mode stuff again for upgrades, plus I'm sure it'll end up burning out casuals considering the patch will probably last 9 months lol. Stuff like this just ends up killing the drive for a lot of new players to actually advance and graduate to stuff like normal modes.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you and me disagree on a lot, but "individual responsibility" on steroids? lol, do you think Vishas in the brawler's guild is "individual responsibility" on crack? lol, all you do is move out of the puddle before the timer goes off... really now.
    There's a difference between "you die" and "you die while killing everyone". Second thing is what the talk is about.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Unless I miss something on that fight (speaking as a tank), it's impossible for me to avoid without causing him to either bite someone else or do that thing where he gets rage if nobody is in melee. I tank on his right foot, so if there's blue circles I can only go to the left, under his head, where the turtles come from, and usually they end up coming as I start to move so I can't get to his left foot before getting knocked up into the air by a turtle. Now being a tank it doesn't hurt me a lot, but it still gets annoying.
    Have you seen his hitbox? It is not exactly small, you can avoid everything as tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Have you seen his hitbox? It is not exactly small, you can avoid everything as tank.
    Yes, but I recall the one time I tried behind behind the blue circles, he bit a DPS with snapping bite because I wasn't in melee range or some such. IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    There's a difference between "you die" and "you die while killing everyone". Second thing is what the talk is about.

Still.... you just move out of the puddle.... before the timer goes off. Not being an elitist or anything, but really now, that is not a crazy mechanic lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Still.... you just move out of the puddle.... before the timer goes off. Not being an elitist or anything, but really now, that is not a crazy mechanic lol.
    Nothing in wow is of itself difficult, the issues are when you have lots of things to do, stacked on top of each other.

You are someone who can do those things because you have the cognitive capacity. If you don't, it's very difficult. (This is most people.)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...ng-memory.html

In the above video, a chimp is seen memorising extensive sequences which are beyond most humans to copy. To the chimp, it is easy. To a human, it's hard.

It isnt that you are elitist, you are just naturally good at something, only associate with other people who are naturally good at the same thing and lack the insight to see that maybe it's you who are unusual, not everyone else who is amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    12/12 1/12 HC here.

Not struggling, it's just shit.
    So it doesn't affect you in any way. Just an easy way for you to get gear if you want to. That's at least what i'm going to use flex for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of... that the creation of Flex is going to kick guilds like mine out of Normal modes, because we have some things that can't be changed e.g. we have a guy who raids out of a hotel (travels) and sometimes had really bad MS, another is 12 years old (his father raids with us too) and his awareness sometimes lacks, another guy is a bit slow moving out of things, etc. and I'll have to decide if I want to progress through normal and into heroic, or play with people I have fun with, because I can no longer do both anymore.
    Can understand where you come from. Our raid used to be a lot like that, but somehow the more casual players stopped and the people we got in was a lot better.
    They said the point with flex is aimed for you, so they're not really pushing you out of normal. They're suposedly making flex the old 10-man normal(which was tuned lower than 25mans).
    Normal is just 25 mans difficulty now, so they already pushed a lot of people out. Guess they could as well has called flex for normal and the current normal for normal++, if they had thought about it back when they upped the difficulty of 10mans.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Just like Blizzard bribed players with extreme valor efficiency and 516 epics to get them to do heroic scenarios, they will do whatever they can to get people to do flex as well. Removing valor gear and lowering LFR ilvl as low as it gets are a start. Obviously they will also make it available from day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    From the front page interview w/ Tom Chilton, it says that flex is going to be released week 1 on the same schedule as normal. Didn't they say they wanted to make flex a staggered release slowly then normal but faster than LFR?

Thoughts?

Doesn't matter to me too much but just going to have to add an extra day week 1.
    it is being staggered if you read the blue post.

wing one of both flex and heroic will only become available week two of patch. which is as it should be.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    it is being staggered if you read the blue post.

wing one of both flex and heroic will only become available week two of patch. which is as it should be.
    Incorrect. It was already stated previously in the thread (from GC) that the plan is that wing #1 of Flex will be available from launch day along with the entirety of Normal mode. So that would make Heroic, Flex #2 and LFR #1 available on week two, Flex #3 and LFR #2 available week three, LFR #3 and Flex #4 week four, and LFR #4 week five.

the problem is now i'm going to have to full clear normal and flex yay

I approve of this decision.