Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question So i had surgery last night for my knee

I had surgery last night for my Right knee, to fix the damage up thats been causing me problems

So my question is, has anyone ever had knee surgery and if so whats the recovery time you have been told it would take?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had knee surgery 3 years ago after I 'stubbed' my knee on the stairs while running up them. The doctor took my leg from the knee down, and then slept with my wife, shot my dog, ate my lunch while I sleeping in the hospital recovering and then found me after I was discharged and stole my crutch and beat me with it.

Fuck you, ask your doctor...dumbass.

Infracted: Please don't insult and bait other posters.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-08-16 at 05:50 AM.

Elysia's epic sig skillz

Depends on the individual. Have you ever had any surgery previously? Make sure you keep your leg above your heart so you keep the swelling down, swelling can dramatically slow down swelling. What type of surgery, total knee, ACL repair, Arthroscopy? I work for an orthopaedics and this is generally what we tell everyone.
    Last edited by Wreckage827; 2013-08-16 at 05:32 AM.

*obligatory arrow to the knee joke*

Deleted
    I dislocated my knee cap 3 times over the course of 2 years, was told "one more time and you will have to have surgery" and that the only way to prevent it was rehab training, wich I have been doing. This was about 5 years ago, the knee is still bugging me every other day -.-

It entirely depends on the surgery, the skill of the surgeon and the person who had the surgery. Most of the time the younger and higher level of fitness you had going in makes the biggest difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    I had knee surgery 3 years ago after I 'stubbed' my knee on the stairs while running up them. The doctor took my leg from the knee down, and then slept with my wife, shot my dog, ate my lunch while I sleeping in the hospital recovering and then found me after I was discharged and stole my crutch and beat me with it.

That escalated quickly.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Hahaha, I love this humour

OT: Would it not depend on the extent of the damage aswell? I know multiple people who have had knee surgeries, some took well over a year to recover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage827 View Post
    Depends on the individual. Have you ever had any surgery previously? Make sure you keep your leg above your heart so you keep the swelling down, swelling can dramatically slow down swelling. What type of surgery, total knee, ACL repair, Arthroscopy? I work for an orthopaedics and this is generally what we tell everyone.
    I had an Arthroscopy, the doc had to clean up the bone frags in my knee

*obligatory arrow to the knee joke*
    Oh yeah, that was an wild wedding :P
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account

As rude and up-front as this advice may sound, the man has a point. Your doctor/surgeon will give you an accurate recovery time based on the extent of the surgery performed. Honestly it should have been a question asked when you woke up/next talked to your surgeon/before you were released. None of us are going to know all of the details to form an accurate time.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are more than one kind of surgery and recipient.
    Your surgeon unless he is a quack and performed it in a shed already told you what to expect.
    His opinion or a second opinion from another surgeon with access to your journals is as good as it gets, asking here is just foolish imo.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

could take about 3-5 months for a full recovery, really depends on how your body handles the recovery and how severe the damage was

Deleted

Infracted: Please don't insult and bait other posters.
    couldnt agree more. perhaps listen to the medical professionals when they performed the operation on you. They are much more likely to be well informed about your medical condition then random internet people are.....

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    couldnt agree more. perhaps listen to the medical professionals when they performed the operation on you. They are much more likely to be well informed about your medical condition then random internet people are.....
    because god forbid internet people can't be assistants or doctors either
    i'm speaking from experience on my knee injury/surgery.

Deleted
    Nobody here can tell you unless you give every single detail...and even then, people here aren't docters and most recovery processes are very personal in the sense they differ for everybody and differ from what was done to said knee.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    because god forbid internet people can't be assistants or doctors either
    i'm speaking from experience on my knee injury/surgery.
    And all the info you give is close to worthless since that is your knee and not his. Medical threatment isn't something you can give advice on just because you have some anekdotal information.

Also sorry for typos.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I had surgery last night for my Right knee, to fix the damage up thats been causing me problems

So my question is, has anyone ever had knee surgery and if so whats the recovery time you have been told it would take?
    Why didn't you ask your doctor? That's usually the person to ask about the surgery he did...

Problem is, the OP doesn't ask for medical advice. Knee surgery recovery depends a lot on the damage, the person and the doctor performing it.
    So posts telling him to ask a doctor are kinda trolling and/or missing the point. He's just asking for other people's experience.

OT: Had a torn ACL and meniscus. Had a meniscus removal operation, which was immediatelly effective. I could walk the moment that fucking tube inserted underneath my knee cap was removed (day after the operation). However, my acl is still torn (requires about 6 months of physiotherapy and limited movement, and due to university and work issues I cannot perform it right now. The pcl is also torn but not completely, so I was told that with being cautious not to damage it again I would be fine).

Deleted
    I had 2, but they weren't on my knee. One was at the back of my head and the other one was in the middle of my chest, they were removing something, not sure what it's called in english and the funniest part was with the one on my chest. I had a hole as big as a thumb in the middle of my chest for some time People were so freaked out when I showed it to them hehe, but it took like 2 months to fully heal.

Deleted

As harsh as that was, I lol'd a lot.

OT: Depends on your line of work, really on how long you'll be out of action there, as Flyingmoney says, your doctor probably knows better than a lot of people here.

It depends. I had scope surgery and it was relatively short, a few weeks. Then I had another surgery on some tendons along the side of ones and it was a lot longer and required a lot of physical therapy, like months.