Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    First you have to convince us that 'The Dark Below' isn't some random TM application some dolt filled out to dupe all these people into thinking it's actually the name of the next expansion.
    They can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that Blizzard hid the trademarks for Hearthstone, Reaper of Souls and the WoW expansion.

'It's about the right time' Yeah, that's before Blizzard got smart and started hiding their trademarks. Now no old pattern means anything anymore and everyone who believes that Blizzard would just leave the trademark for their BIGGEST game lying around for someone to find while hiding the trademarks for a game that came out of the blue and an expansion for a game with bad reputation, quite frankly, has their head stuck up their 'Dark Below'

Wish it were so, Nerubians are infinitely more interesting than any of the endlessly stretched out old god story or current stuff.

Nothing got resolved in Northrend either, we're not sure on what stance the Nerubians stand with the rest of the world, did they end up cleansing their realm of undead Nerubians now that the old LK is gone? But there's a new LK, and he's corrupted by Ner'Zhul too.

I'd enjoy Nerubian stuff a lot more than any Azshara/Emerald Dream stuff.
    Last edited by KungFuFanta; 2013-08-19 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    But the name really makes as much (or more) sense referring to an Azjol-Nerub themed expansion. Remember Azjol-Nerub? The (originally planned) raid/zone was cancelled in WOTLK (since admitted by Blizz and Ghostcrawler) and just a short instance was left in its place instead.
    Not gonna happen and doesn't make any sense. Because as you said yourself that storyline was resolved in WLK already. There's nothing to go back for in A-N now.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The way I envision it:

- tier 17: Azshara begins an assault on the surface world, bringing her minions, monsters from the deep and Old God powers to bear, suffers a setback as the surface races strike back (perhaps in her own city of Nazjatar), then flees/is recalled by her master
    - tier 18: Nerubians call for aid, offering ancient knowledge in exchange - knowledge necessary to fight N'Zoth and successfuly defeat him; Horde and Alliance soldiers fight in A-N to free the city from Faceless Ones, scourge remnants, undead Nerubians and whatever else crawls out from the darkness
    - tier 19: we bring the fight to N'Zoth's domain, descending through the Emerald Dream into Nya'lotha, facing his minions, Azshara and finally the Old God itself; lore unearthed from A-N is used to defeat/subdue/permanently banish N'Zoth

Azshara, before going down for the second, and final, time, mocks the attacking raiders about their fate being sealed anyway, as her first master is coming. Ding, 6.x ends, 7.0 begins, Legion says hello.
    That's an awesome idea. There is nothing 'shallow' about the potential for Azjol-nerub, with a little imagination. Blizzard has an open cheque to do as much with it as they want.

Because as you said yourself that storyline was resolved in WLK already.
    The story wasnt 'resolved' any more than the Neptulon story was 'resolved' in Cataclysm. We never even got to see the greater/proper part of the AN empire, we were given a short 5 man instance instead. They ended it abruptly and in a way that doesnt do the characters/places justice, and in a way that leaves a ton of room to go back to at some point and revisit. Theres no reason we cant have new and untold adventures in any new location, including AN.

Given how popular the Klaxxi were this expansion, id love to see them somehow fit into any Azjol-Nerub stuff. Is there any/much ingame material that relates them together or referrences the AN empire from the Klaxxi POV?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The story wasnt 'resolved' any more than the Neptulon story was 'resolved' in Cataclysm. We never even got to see the greater/proper part of the AN empire, we were given a short 5 man instance instead. They ended it abruptly and in a way that doesnt do the characters/places justice, and in a way that leaves a ton of room to go back to at some point and revisit.
    Regardless of what you think, both of those storylines were resolved. Not so thoroughly that it would satisfy everybody, but there's nothing left undone at the moment. Anub'arak was killed and then killed again after LK raised it as undead, it can't be much more dead than that. Azjol-Nerub is gone and over with the big bug dead.

Neptulon is alive and well, waiting for another expansion, or it might never come back because people generally speaking hated Vashj'ir so there's exactly zero chance there will ever be underwater expansion for WoW. Maybe another underwater zone, but that's about it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oh boy would I love an Azjol-Nerub expansion
    As would I. I love those races and hated those dungeons ha!

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Regardless of what you think, both of those storylines were resolved. Not so thoroughly that it would satisfy everybody, but there's nothing left undone at the moment. Anub'arak was killed and then killed again after LK raised it as undead, it can't be much more dead than that. Azjol-Nerub is gone and over with the big bug dead.

Neptulon is alive and well, waiting for another expansion, or it might never come back because people generally speaking hated Vashj'ir so there's exactly zero chance there will ever be underwater expansion for WoW. Maybe another underwater zone, but that's about it.
    The entire Azjol'Nerub thing is completely unfinished. What I felt was going to be liberating an entire kingdom from Anub'Arak's control turned out to be nothing short of being a level in a Spyro game. Just less awesome. There are more loose ends there than you can shake a stick at. As for Neptulon, no one has the slightest clue what might be going on with him. And keep in mind, this isn't just some random character going AWOL. He's a freaking Elemental Lord. And supposedly the strongest one too.

And where are you even getting the hate for Vashj'ir? Most people (self included) loved Vashj'ir. Most of the negative feedback about it was about people's depth perception making quests more tedious. The zone itself was very much loved.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2013-08-19 at 04:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

I don't think Azjol-Nerub itself (or at least places that would be recognizable as Azjol-Nerub) is enough to carry an expansion. However I could easily see one or two zones in a broader "underworld" expansion being set in Azjol-Nerub.

If Azjol-Nerub does cover most of the expansion's content, then we'll be going into regions of the Spider Kingdom that are basically unrecognizable. Perhaps some of the zones could form sort of "Nerubian Frontier", which are obstinately part of Azjol-Nerub but have never been more then lightly settled by the Nerubians.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    An underground themed expansion was the first thing that flicked through my head when I say the 'Dark Below' trademark.

Then I was like "...n-nah. More likely underwater."

Still, Blizzard went to the trouble of adding quests in Cataclysm indicating that the nerubians were rebuilding, so clearly they haven't forgotten the nerubians.

I like it's likely we'll see them and the bug races acting as replacement for the trolls in future, once the last of the Zandalari are dealt with. Then the Aqir come back and the nerubians, qiraji, and mantid rally around them as a new major threat.
    It could work both ways to in which its a South Seas with the Naga home base The Rift, and even going back and doing questing in Northrend to face off the threat or going somewhere else to and defeating a combined might of the Aqir Reborn. :P
    Still to I am looking forward to seeing Queen Azshara, N'Zoth, and more of the places we haven't seen yet for the new expansion wise, and I wouldn't see why not they couldn't add both in the game.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oh boy would I love an Azjol-Nerub expansion
    Me too but i don't think that The Dark Below is a Azjol-Nerub expansion, but we may have one Azjol-Nerub expansion in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    First you have to convince us that 'The Dark Below' isn't some random TM application some dolt filled out to dupe all these people into thinking it's actually the name of the next expansion.
    How many people are inside YOUR head to convince? Because I'm not one of the "us" that fell for that hoax that "anyone can file in the name of Blizzard".
    Government and Law don't work that way.

It is NOT Burning Legion.

It is NOT Azjol-Nerub.

It has absolute nothing to do with any other wild and wacky claims.

The Azshara/N'Zoth expansion I've been waiting for is happening. Get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

It is NOT Azjol-Nerub.

The Azshara/N'Zoth expansion I've been waiting for is happening. Get used to it.

Until Blizzard announces that it was all a ruse
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    As interesting as i think it would be.. i don't think that we are going to have any clue what the expansion is titled until Blizzcon..
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Until Blizzard announces that it was all a ruse
    Be in denial if you want, in fact the longer people deny it the funnier it is for me.

I remember when MoP was trademarked and the lengths people went to to deny it would be an expansion was hilarious. There were probably a hundred different threads with a different OP with a wacky idea on what MoP would be, desperate to block out the truth.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be in denial if you want, in fact the longer people deny it the funnier it is for me.

I remember when MoP was trademarked and the lengths people went to to deny it would be an expansion was hilarious. There were probably a hundred different threads with a different OP with a wacky idea on what MoP would be, desperate to block out the truth.
    I wasn't denying anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wasn't denying anything.
    You said "Blizz will announce it was a ruse".. That's the literal definition of denial

10+ Year Old Account
    You said "Blizz will announce it was a ruse".. That's the literal definition of denial

With a face. Meaning I'm kidding around trying to make a joke. So no it's not the literal definition of denial.

Warrior-Magi

It is NOT Azjol-Nerub.

Personally I think it's a little silly people are putting "total proof" in a title one npc had who was added to the game 3-4 years ago, perhaps before even Blizzard knew what the expansion name would be or where it is.

Ozumat was summoned in a ritual along with the other faceless ones, who are synonymous with underground places more like Azjol than Azshara (Think Wc3). I think of it as the Kraken in Pirates of the Carribean. Even if the expansion is Azjol-Nerub and mostly ground, the bosses there could still use Ozumat as their servant to go forth and wreak destruction on the seas of Azeroth for them. And whos to say parts of Azjol-Nerub arent underwater anyway, and even at war with Azshara etc.

The fact is that one title alone doesnt mean much and can easily be interpretated or written to support either scenario. Ozumat could be fiend of the Azjol-Nerub kingdom (would be a nice chance for Blizz to implement an aquatic version of Nerubians here - maybe like an underwater army), just as much as he could be a fiend of Azshara. Idea of Azjol Nerub having essentially a (newly introduced) Navy of Nerubians and at war with Azshara I think would be pretty cool.

But no, the titile alone is not 'proof' of anything. Everything is open to interpretation and is ambiguous so far.

Deleted
    Ozumat is proof of nothing. People are just posting it around like it's the absolute 100% fool proof proof that's proofed the next expansion. Proof. The Dark Below is still not even confirmed to be an expansion and it's pretty obvious it's not if you look at the facts that people keep choosing to ignore.